• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A question for James or Peer

roog

I know you guys are very busy working on BD+ but, if I might steal a moment of your time, do you think it would be possible to capture the HDMI output from a video card, using the Blackmagic Intensity HDMI editing card, after AnyDVD HD removes HDCP from the output?

Also, is HDCP enforced via all of the HDMI ouput pins or just one?

Last edited:
do you think it would be possible to capture the HDMI output from a video card, using the Blackmagic Intensity HDMI editing card, after AnyDVD HD removes HDCP from the output?

AnyDVD HD doesn't remove HDCP, it removes the requirement for HDCP. So, if you have an HDCP compliant graphics card and that Blackmagic card (which is also HDCP compliant), theoretically the communication could still be encrypted even though no longer required due to AnyDVD's magical touch.
But it's probably not - so I think it should work.

What would this be good for, if I may ask?

Also, is HDCP enforced via all of the HDMI ouput pins or just one?

My guess would be all - would it make a difference, though? :)

What would this be good for, if I may ask?

Thanks for answering. All would be good, but I was hoping that it would work to capture HD output for editing.

Thanks for answering. All would be good, but I was hoping that it would work to capture HD output for editing.

Wouldn't it be easier to demux the streams and bring those in to edit? The intensity captures either in fully uncompressed (a pig to use in HD) or motionjpeg (sometimes captures blocky)

Wouldn't it be easier to demux the streams and bring those in to edit? The intensity captures either in fully uncompressed (a pig to use in HD) or motionjpeg (sometimes captures blocky)

Can you give me more details on how to demux the streams? I want to preserve the HDMI output quality as well.

demuxing the streams won't alter the quality at all, you just end up with all the video and audio streams as seperate files. If you're using HD-dvd then you'd use evodemux and for blu-ray you could use TSremux, you'd need to strip out the dts or ac3 core from the audio files though as I don't know of any editing software that'll let you use full dd+. you can do that using eac3to. this way you keep the original files rather than re-encoding by capturing them in

Back