• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim blank dvd-r alert: FAULTY batch (serial number starting MAP6)

Heh..... I never won a lottery before!!! :(

-W

Verbatim Map6 dvd-r

Boy are you right! After running several spindles of Verbatim without problems, it struck, Map 6 the great coaster maker.One after another became coasters. Sure enough checked the lot # and there it was.
Sure stinks when a company puts out defectives such as this. Not only is the cost aggravating but the waste of time makes me more than mad!

Boy are you right! After running several spindles of Verbatim without problems, it struck, Map 6 the great coaster maker.One after another became coasters. Sure enough checked the lot # and there it was.
Sure stinks when a company puts out defectives such as this. Not only is the cost aggravating but the waste of time makes me more than mad!

Verbatim is really good about dealing with customers with faulty discs. Go return them to Verbatim, and they'll probably exchange them and give you a few extras for your time. It's not even the entire MAP6 serials/batch; it's just some of the discs that are bad. Verbatim, on the whole, is still very good.

I'm sorry that you came across some bad ones.

Last edited:
serial number starting MAP6

Where do you find the serial number? I have several disks that do not work but don't know the batch number and can not find it.

Verbatim Blank DVD

I have also had bad results with Verbatim's blanks.
I purchased two 100 pkgs Verbatim DVD-r blanks.
About 30% were bad. I purchased them from Amazon.com
and thought they were a good buy -- not so.
All the problems were on the outer edge of the bad discs.
Something wrong in the mfg of them.
I called and tried to discuss this with Verbatim but they
weren't interested so I threw them away.
That was last year. I will NEVER buy another Verbatim disk
again.
If they don't back up their products any better than that,
I don't need them.

I called and tried to discuss this with Verbatim but they
weren't interested so I threw them away.

That's the complete opposite experience most have with Verbatim. They are usually very accommodating. Also, wouldn't Amazon take the product back? They generally have very good customer service.

I also bought a Verbatim 100 pack from Dabs and the entire lot where faulty..I e-mailed verbatim and they sent me on a fresh 100 pack and guess what they also are faulty:bang: That's the worst Customer service I've ever met...Waited over a month to get the discs and they sent me on faulty ones what a compleate joke of a company they are, Never again will I use there rubbish products....

I also bought a Verbatim 100 pack from Dabs and the entire lot where faulty..I e-mailed verbatim and they sent me on a fresh 100 pack and guess what they also are faulty:bang: That's the worst Customer service I've ever met...Waited over a month to get the discs and they sent me on faulty ones what a compleate joke of a company they are, Never again will I use there rubbish products....

It's quite likely that some more troubleshooting needs to be done on your end. I sincerely doubt the replacement discs they sent were MAP6 or PAP6. And Verbatim is hardly "a complete joke of a company".

Should you require assistance, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 and answer all questions fully

Last edited:
Verbatim blank dvd-r discs

I see someone else has had the same situation I have had with the Verbatim discs. The only difference is they didn't respond to me about the problem.
I purchased two 100 packages of discs. More than half of them were bad. I looked to see what the trouble was and right near the edge of each bad one was a discolored portion. I finally went through all the discs and tried to get rid of them.
Having no success in contacting Verbatim, I threw them away and decided I would never again purchase a Verbatim product again.
I have been using Taiyo Yuden ever since and have not found any bad ones. In my opinion, they are the best.

I usually use DVDShrink to take the Main Movie down to 85% with only the AC3-5.1 audio track left on it. This usually gives me 1/8 to 1/4 inch of unused meat on the outside edges of my blanks. The outside edge is usually where most defects lie. Had I had your spool - I might never had noticed a problem.

-W

Wow so I wasn't Alone in this.....I to went threw Over 1500 of these and they were full of flaws even ones that did turn out half the time don't play correctly.....diffrent Disc ID though Then Listed here...DVD+R.
I have since switched to Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8X Lacquer MID yuden000 T02
burned up 1 whole pack no issues no flaws total perfection......I have never seen that before in all the 10's of thousands of DVDs I have burned and tossed.....in my opinion they are the best. I'm Using a Lite-on LH-20A1S Sata 2 DVD burner with them. I would Use Verbatim DVD+R DL ----But Never The DVD+R SL DVDs. They "had" a solid Product They Do "Not" Have a Solid Quality Product anymore. in my opinion...keep in mind I have not used there DVD+R DL Blanks In over a year they maybe down the drain now in quality also....

anyways had to get my 2 cents in on this tread...lol
Starz

Back