• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD -> Folder Structure -> Disc Burn successfully created, but unplayable

mikelee999

Using AnyDVD HD 7.5.4.0 and CloneBD 1.0.2.4, both with lifetime licenses.

HP internal BDROM drive and external Buffalo USB BD writer.

Successfully created full copy of folder structure on hard drive of "Les Miserables" -- PowerDVD can play the 00023.m2ts file (main movie).

Using this folder, burned full copy to disc, dual layer media, successfully.

Oppo BD-83 Blu-Ray player sees the disc as a data disc. Browsing folders, the Oppo player doesn't see any files.

Back to the computer, in either BD drive, AnyDVD error: ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc! Please check the AnyDVD status window for Details.

Details:

Summary for drive M: (AnyDVD HD 7.5.4.0, BDPHash.bin 14-11-27)
BUFFALO OPTICAL DRIVE 2.00 BD-MLT UJ260AF1.00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 23390977 sectors (45685 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Les Miserables
Media is not AACS protected.
Drive supports bus encryption!
ERROR: bluDisc.ReadDisc failed!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

The 00023.m2ts main movie file is playable in PowerDVD from this disc.

I am currently trying a direct disc-to-disc copy and I'll report results when it finishes.

What did you use to burn the folders to disc?
The fact that AnyDVD isn't seeing it properly implies a bad burn. What media are you using?

It's a shame you went with the buffalo external. They use Matshita drives which have always had a bad rep.

If you are burning back to DL BD-R is there any reason you are processing it through CloneBD as there's no need to do anything other than remove copy protection using AnyDVD HD if you intend to burn back to a DL BD-r

Last edited:
I'm having similar issues with my back ups. I had success with Expendables 3 and Earth to Echo but with Tammy and Into the Storm the backups come out successful but my blu ray freezes before it gets to the main menu on the movie. Sometimes I'll get lucky and see some of the trailers but then it locks up when I hit main menu on the remote or if I skip ahead thru the chapters.

The fact that AnyDVD isn't seeing it properly implies a bad burn. What media are you using?

Plexdisc.

It's a shame you went with the buffalo external. They use Matshita drives which have always had a bad rep.

Would greatly appreciate your recommendation. I don't spend a lot of time on this.

If you are burning back to DL BD-R is there any reason you are processing it through CloneBD as there's no need to do anything other than remove copy protection using AnyDVD HD if you intend to burn back to a DL BD-r

Nope, just filing bug reports. Burning right now from an Anydvd ISO, to see how it goes.

My ultimate goal is to be able to play Blu-Ray sound and video quality without having to load discs. My wife hates discs.

Seriously, I don't think what I want should be so damn hard to do. Thanks to Slysoft for getting me closer.

Last edited:

What do you recommend as a reliable burner? Thanks! and Merry Christmas!

I don't tend to use USB connected drives, but as they use a laptop internal drive in an external case I've had a lot of success with the internal Pioneer drive which is the same unit they use inside this Pioneer BDR-XD05. It connects through USB 3 so should be better off power wise as USB 3 can supply more power through the socket than USB 2.

I've also heard the LG BP40NB30 is quite good, basically just steer clear of the Matshita (UJ) based drives (panasonic)

Last edited:
Back