• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Compression of BD-50 to BD-25

duke69

The description of CloneBD reads "CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25"
When I place a BD-50 in my "read drive" and attempt to do a full copy to my "write drive" on a BD-25 blank I get the message that there is not enough room on the write drive's disc. I thought compression would take place. Is there a button for that I am missing? Since there is no manual...

Later....
...solved it for myself.

As many of you have observed, CloneBD will adjust the compression (slider) so that the recording will fit a BD-25 SOMETIMES. As others note, it works and then on another disc it doesn't work. On one occasion where it still said not enough room on disc I manually moved the slider to the left then reset the media selection from Custom to BD-25 again and the not enough room error did not return. It went through the entire copy and burn but the resultant disc was unplayable past chapter 3; I had sound all the way buy frozen video.

Last edited:
The description of CloneBD reads "CloneBD makes perfect 1:1 clones, but also compresses BD-50 to a single BD-25"
When I place a BD-50 in my "read drive" and attempt to do a full copy to my "write drive" on a BD-25 blank I get the message that there is not enough room on the write drive's disc. I thought compression would take place. Is there a button for that I am missing? Since there is no manual...

Later....
...solved it for myself. Can you delete these posts?

Please post your resolution for others that may have the same problem or question.

DiverJ

I said that some days ago, if you compress a bd 50 to 25 and choose the option bd-r 25 (23,30 gb real size) clone bd makes it about 2 gb bigger, about 25gb but the real size must be 23,3gb, so it's imposible to record that to a bd-r 25

I said that some days ago, if you compress a bd 50 to 25 and choose the option bd-r 25 (23,30 gb real size) clone bd makes it about 2 gb bigger, about 25gb but the real size must be 23,3gb, so it's imposible to record that to a bd-r 25

Depends on the disc, I've done lots at that setting that fit just fine

Depends on the disc, I've done lots at that setting that fit just fine

I tried with shrek 3, the mummy and Green zone and all happend that, bigger. I think that should be a thing to revise.

I tested it with a few hundred discs and only had around 10 or so that came out too big.

I tested it with a few hundred discs and only had around 10 or so that came out too big.

Interesting. Isn't just ONE disc coming out too large to fit the disc you are attempting to burn too many? Certainly if I put in a 50GB disc, tell CloneBD that I am burning to a 25GB disc, I expect it to fit.......EVERY TIME. What the heck am I suppose to do at that point, adjust the quality slider and wait another 16 hours? Please do not act as if this is no big thing. A 5 to 10% failure rate is certainly something to fix. Just my opinion here, but.....

Diverj

I was responding to Rialto's message which implies that every disc will come out too big, when in fact it's a small percentage. When you get one that comes out to big then you need to send a logfile to Slysoft so they can see why it's happening.
As to the 16 hour thing, I've never had that issue on multiple systems. Even my laptop only takes about 3-4 hours

Back