• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped HD DVD Movie, How do play it on my computer?

kechulater

I have Power DVD Ultra. With DVD I just double click on the video_ts.IFO file and the movie plays. With HD DVD there is a Adv_obj and a HVDVD_TS file. I have not been able to figure how to get my ripped movie to play. I am an HD DVD noob. Please help.

I have Power DVD Ultra. With DVD I just double click on the video_ts.IFO file and the movie plays. With HD DVD there is a Adv_obj and a HVDVD_TS file. I have not been able to figure how to get my ripped movie to play. I am an HD DVD noob. Please help.

Two ways:

- either double-click on discid.dat file from ADV_OBJ fold er
- or select "Play the movie from the hard drive" in PDVD and point it to the folder where you have ADV_OBJ and HVDVD subfolders.

Thanks Galileo. I clicked the discid.dat and the movie played. I got a message box asking me to temporarily turn off functions CLEV-2 and smart deinterlace when playing high def contect. The ripped copy of the movie King Kong looked a lot better than when I was playing the original disc. I can't access the chapters of the movie or access any other special features on the main menu. I guess the ripped copy doesn't keep this stuff. Please confirm. Thanks.

Thanks Galileo. I clicked the discid.dat and the movie played. I got a message box asking me to temporarily turn off functions CLEV-2 and smart deinterlace when playing high def contect. The ripped copy of the movie King Kong looked a lot better than when I was playing the original disc. I can't access the chapters of the movie or access any other special features on the main menu. I guess the ripped copy doesn't keep this stuff. Please confirm. Thanks.

Ripped copy has everything the orig has.

That's my problem btw.:D

Right-click on PDVD and select Menu/Title Menu.
You'll get all the menus from the original.

I will try that tomorrow night and let you know if I figured it out. A side note, I am bummed that powerDVD disables the capture function for HD titles. Thanks

I'm having problems with Showtime playing HD on a new 2.6ghz dual core AMD 5000+ with Vista. All I get is "Cannot build graph" when I try to play HD. On another computer (different make and with only AMD 4000+) I can play HD but it stutters. Both have an identical Gforce chip dedicated to 128m with access to 320mb shared video, which I know is not enough, and I am waiting for my 512mb card to arrive.

However, I can use Showtime with my old P4 with a crappy 256mb card and get something, although it stutters.

I just can't figure out why Showtime won't function with the new dual core 2.6 5000+? What is "cannot build graph"?

Plays regular DVDs okay though.

I'm having problems with Showtime playing HD on a new 2.6ghz dual core AMD 5000+ with Vista. All I get is "Cannot build graph" when I try to play HD. On another computer (different make and with only AMD 4000+) I can play HD but it stutters. Both have an identical Gforce chip dedicated to 128m with access to 320mb shared video, which I know is not enough, and I am waiting for my 512mb card to arrive.

However, I can use Showtime with my old P4 with a crappy 256mb card and get something, although it stutters.

I just can't figure out why Showtime won't function with the new dual core 2.6 5000+? What is "cannot build graph"?

Plays regular DVDs okay though.

What kind of HD are you trying to play? Nero showtime doesn't support commercial Blu-ray (BDMV file structure), and I think you need the plugin for it to play back HD-dvd's. Although you should just get a message telling you that. If it cannot build the graph it normally means you codecs are messed up. If you've installed all kinds of codec packs etc that may be causing a problem

What kind of HD are you trying to play? Nero showtime doesn't support commercial Blu-ray (BDMV file structure), and I think you need the plugin for it to play back HD-dvd's. Although you should just get a message telling you that. If it cannot build the graph it normally means you codecs are messed up. If you've installed all kinds of codec packs etc that may be causing a problem

Thanks, Adbear. Trying to play HD-DVD and I have the plug-in for HD playback. This is a brand-new computer and the only codecs will be the Vista preloaded ones. Weird. Showtime plays BDMV structured files on my XP computer.

Time for Powerdvd, I guess. Wanted to avoid the extra $100.

Thats odd as I've never found anyone who's got nero showtime to play bdmv only bdav, and it even comes up with a message saying it doesn't support BDMV folders

On my XP machine Showtime plays full spec BDMV (with the mt2s file in the STREAM folder) but this was a file I created with Recode. This is a BD file (not a AVCHD file) and is identified as a AVC-1 file by the PS3.

However, I have not tried to play a commercial Blu-Ray disc with Showtime as I don't have a drive.

Have you upgraded with the July 5th Nero update?

Thanks, Adbear. Trying to play HD-DVD and I have the plug-in for HD playback. This is a brand-new computer and the only codecs will be the Vista preloaded ones. Weird. Showtime plays BDMV structured files on my XP computer.

Time for Powerdvd, I guess. Wanted to avoid the extra $100.

Buy it from Newegg and save almost 30 USD.

Thanks for the intel!

I bought an Xtreme Gamer sound card and it comes with a free download of PowerDVD Deluxe 7, so hopefully it'll only be $60 to upgrade to the Ultra, assuming Cyberlink doesn't class the free download as bundled, then it'll only be a $20 saving - every penny counts when you're having to rebuild your computer for HD!

On my XP machine Showtime plays full spec BDMV (with the mt2s file in the STREAM folder) but this was a file I created with Recode. This is a BD file (not a AVCHD file) and is identified as a AVC-1 file by the PS3.

However, I have not tried to play a commercial Blu-Ray disc with Showtime as I don't have a drive.

Have you upgraded with the July 5th Nero update?

Yep, I have the latest nero installed, even on their website it states it only supports BDAV folders. Are you just playing the m2ts file? Also nero recode doesn't appear to support anything other than dvd's.

Having now used nero vision to make a blu-ray disc I can confirm that it only makes BDAV and not BDMV folders

Last edited:
I created a BD file/folder with Vision (took days for a half hour film!) too. Quality looks great on the PS3 - it identifies it as VC-1 and MTS - but it must be a BDAV then. It's a great tool for making your own HD discs (full 1080p too) - probably better than Moviefactory.

Strange that Showtime doesn't play commercial BDs - their plug-in is sold as a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD plug in (non-refundable!). Tech support upped my case and I've waited 3 days for their "top techies" to get back to me with a reason why the new machine keeps getting "can't build graph". Fortunately it's free for the first 14 days after registering, otherwise it'd be $1.29 a minute! And they yak on for hours about crap! I was on over a hour on the first call alone. That's a lot of $$.

Gettin the 512mb Geforce 8500 GT (with HDCP just to be safe) today, so I'll see if that fixes it - otherwise it's PowerDVD.

Nero's new mp3 RadioTracker looks pretty cool.

It does state in the information on the page for the plugin that it only plays BDAV

Is there any chance of just ripping the main title instead of the whole disc with extras etc.?

Thanks.

yes, but it depends what you want as the final result, whether you still want menu's or just want to end up with the video file and chapters

Let's say I just want the main movie without the menus - AnyDVDHD can be selective?

Thanks.

if you have anydvd running in the back ground you can just open up windows explorer and find the main film file on the disc and drag it onto your hard drive. Main problem is that you then won't get any chapter points or be able to choose the audio stream you want, it'll just play the first audio stream in the file. There are ways to get just the video and 1 audio stream and to add your own chapters, but that would have to be done after you'd ripped the file to your hard drive and using other software

Back