• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Players

jdohn2002

Are there any stand alone Blu Ray players out that I can play through my hdtv and also hook up to my computer for backing up BluRay discs (similar to the 360 HD-DVD drive).

Well, not directly the way you can with a 360 HD DVD drive, but, the PS3 will allow you to rip PS3 movies and send them over the network to your PC. And it is definitely one of the best stand alone players out there at the moment.

Well, not directly the way you can with a 360 HD DVD drive, but, the PS3 will allow you to rip PS3 movies and send them over the network to your PC. And it is definitely one of the best stand alone players out there at the moment.
I have to agree with SamuriHL here, his advice is sound. They have recently come down in price also.:agree:

I have to agree with SamuriHL here, his advice is sound. They have recently come down in price also.:agree:

Hence why I bought one. It IS a wonderful machine...as much as I hate Sony these days. I've always been a PS fan but I badly wanted to ignore the PS3 but it does seem like BluRay is currently winning with the amount of studios they have on their side. I wanted to hedge my bets...I have the best of both worlds IMO. :) With SAK you can really quite easily transfer a BluRay disc to your PC. AnyDVD HD makes the process even easier on the other side of the equation. Now if you guys would get Virtual CloneDrive updated for Vista and HD support things would be even easier. ;)

You are a very savy guy SamuriHL and a respected member, your reasoning is exactly the same as mine plus I killed 2 birds with 1 stone, my son was dying for a PS3. LOL.:D:D

With SAK you can really quite easily transfer a BluRay disc to your PC. AnyDVD HD makes the process even easier on the other side of the equation. Now if you guys would get Virtual CloneDrive updated for Vista and HD support things would be even easier. ;)

What is SAK?

or you could just buy a Pioneer 202 SATA BluRay player for your PC £146

Just bought one myself with that free DVD remote and 6 free BR movies. Now its time to see how I can back this stuff up. Very nice thread.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Back