• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

After install, DVD is no longer recognized

BriFinn

Hi there everyone. Brian in NY here. I have been using AnyDVD in combo with 1-Click to copy some movies, and it has worked great. But I just got a new Laptop, and after installing each of those two products the DVD drive does not seem to be recognized as a DVD drive anymore.

I partially played a movie last evening just to see the beauty of my new widescreen laptop. I played it with Microsoft Media Center. Today, after installing the software, Media Center states that there is no DVD in the drive when in fact there is. I have tried several different DVDs including the very one which played last evening.

1-click is saying the very same thing. It is saying that the disk in the drive is not a movie DVD. Again, only AnyDVD seems to recognize the DVD as a DVD.

Further, Windows Explorer is now seeing the drive as a CD drive (not DVD). Only AnyDVD seems to be able to see the disk and report the status of its content (the movie).

Has this crazy circumstance happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back