• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFABHD is recommending AnyDVDHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricoman

I have lifetime licenses to both AnyDVDHD and DVDFabHDDecryptor. A few months back when they were sued, DVDFAB removed the AACS decryptor from their software. They assured the lifetime members that they would continue to support their earlier versions thru their China website. Well, they no longer do that and if you update your software, it writes over you earlier version and the AACS removal tool no longer works. After complaining to their support group, they directed me to their FAQ and the FAQ recommends getting AnyDVD by name. I found that pretty funny... except for the part about getting screwed that is.:(

I have lifetime licenses to both AnyDVDHD and DVDFabHDDecryptor. A few months back when they were sued, DVDFAB removed the AACS decryptor from their software. They assured the lifetime members that they would continue to support their earlier versions thru their China website. Well, they no longer do that and if you update your software, it writes over you earlier version and the AACS removal tool no longer works. After complaining to their support group, they directed me to their FAQ and the FAQ recommends getting AnyDVD by name. I found that pretty funny... except for the part about getting screwed that is.:(

They know who #1 is LOL.

Looks like you are confusing a few things...

I have lifetime licenses to both AnyDVDHD and DVDFabHDDecryptor.
There is no "lifetime license" for DVDFab HD Decryptor. This tool has always been, and still can be downloaded for, free. They also didn't remove anything from it. Their freeware tools (HD Decryptor and Passkey Free Edition) have some restrictions, e.g. they only support AACS MKB up to Version 12 and thus are useless for recent releases (which is why I'd call them "crippleware" instead - they are a mere advertisement for their commercial tools).

A few months back when they were sued, DVDFAB removed the AACS decryptor from their software.
No, they didn't. Instead, a totally new and entirely different [tm] vendor by the name of BluFab magically emerged, which offers some tools that look exactly like DVDFab and can be unlocked with DVDFab license keys, but lack the ripping functionality and AACS support. Coincidentally, the BluFab shop is still under construction, so you can't actually buy BluFab, but only download it.

They assured the lifetime members that they would continue to support their earlier versions thru their China website.
And that's exactly what they do. The previous domain dvdfab.com is disabled, but you can get fully functional versions from dvdfab.cn.

Just in case, if you think anything does no longer work in a current version, you can switch back to a previous one. Original setup packages can be found at their forum or at oldapps.com.

the FAQ recommends getting AnyDVD by name
Can you give a link to that FAQ? Though it might be correct that AnyDVD is the only serious alternative especially to HD Decryptor, I've never read any document from DVDFab that calls AnyDVD by name.

Looks like you are confusing a few things...

There is no "lifetime license" for DVDFab HD Decryptor. This tool has always been, and still can be downloaded for, free. They also didn't remove anything from it. Their freeware tools (HD Decryptor and Passkey Free Edition) have some restrictions, e.g. they only support AACS MKB up to Version 12 and thus are useless for recent releases (which is why I'd call them "crippleware" instead - they are a mere advertisement for their commercial tools).

No, they didn't. Instead, a totally new and entirely different [tm] vendor by the name of BluFab magically emerged, which offers some tools that look exactly like DVDFab and can be unlocked with DVDFab license keys, but lack the ripping functionality and AACS support. Coincidentally, the BluFab shop is still under construction, so you can't actually buy BluFab, but only download it.

And that's exactly what they do. The previous domain dvdfab.com is disabled, but you can get fully functional versions from dvdfab.cn.

Just in case, if you think anything does no longer work in a current version, you can switch back to a previous one. Original setup packages can be found at their forum or at oldapps.com.

Can you give a link to that FAQ? Though it might be correct that AnyDVD is the only serious alternative especially to HD Decryptor, I've never read any document from DVDFab that calls AnyDVD by name.

I'm afraid you're misinformed about a couple of things:
1) I DO have a lifetime license for DVDFAB, the Bluray Copy part and it was pretty expensive, especially since they make you pay for each capability separately. You're obviously talking about the free version, but there was a premium pay version as well.
2) The .cn website no longer lets you download the AACS removal version, if you're from the US, it automatically gives you the US version without it. For the 1st month or so after the lawsuit it worked. No more.
3) Directly from their FAQ located at http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_decryption_faq.htm#how_to_faq (notice the .cn)

Q: Why do I see the notice about AACS circumvention?
A: Making backup copies of discs you own or converting them to play on different devices (commonly called "Fair Use" in most places) requires circumventing or removing the copy prevention technology used on the original discs. For Blu-ray discs, this technology is known as AACS and is aggressively defended by an organization that controls and licenses it to the disc makers. Thus, DVDFab products sold in the US no longer contain the ability to remove this technology from AACS-protected discs. That being said, DVDFab users in the US may be able to search for third-party tools such as AnyDVD HD (payware), Woookao (freeware) to restore the ability to copy or convert this material. If the law from your region/area does not allow such "Fair Use" of copyrighted materials, please do not use these products. If you think the law for your area should be changed, please contact your elected representative(s).

After several emails they did send me a link to an older version that still works, but I had to complain rather loudly and repeatedly.

However, I don't know why you assumed that I didn't know what I was talking about.

never expire.JPG

Last edited:
Moving thread to third party products,

Sorry about that, I originally posted this to be more about how AnyDVDHD was being recommended by your competitors; a feather in your cap. I didn't expect this to become about DVDFABHD and was certainly not recommending it.

P.S. Write your cost of DVDFAB lifetime license as a bad investment on your taxes.:agree:

Yeah, luckily my investment at least 5 yrs. ago in AnyDVDHD lifetime more than makes up for the loss. ;)

I'm so glad to read about this. Years ago I was ridiculed by that company and fengtao after making a post on how they were stealing open sourced projects and not following the licenses properly. Now look at them. Pathetic.

AnyDVD HD is by far the best and I don't see why you would want to use DVDFabHD decrypter.

But, if you must and you live in the US:

1. DVDFAB 9 US version 9.1.7.1. (latest freeware)
2, Configure WoooKao with DVDFab to be able to rip the source disk and remove protections (freeware)
http://www.woookao.cn

P.S. Write your cost of DVDFAB lifetime license as a bad investment on your taxes.:agree:

AnyDVD HD will not extract just the main movie from DVD or Bluray. For DVD you can do it with CloneDVD. For Blu-ray, you can use DVDFab or try the biggest disappointment in Slysoft history, CloneBD, which is near useless in it's version.

I suspect WoooKao is similar in function to AnyDVD HD. I haven't tried it because I have AnyDVD, but that together with DVDFab is the best combination at present for dealing with Blu-Ray.

You do know you're responding to a 3 month old post right and a topic that died as long ago? Or did you just post to dish cloneBD and promote dvdcrap.

If you have an issue with cloneBD send off logs to elby and/or post on the forum.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Creating a region + standard copy protection free clone, AnyDVD HD is the best one at it, no questions asked.
DVDFab9 is good if you want to rip or mux to MKV, have done that meny times and the finished product has a great quality.
Shrinking a Blu-ray how ever (BD50 to BD25), then there is a better tool than DVDFab: BD Rebuilder

I'm so glad to read about this. Years ago I was ridiculed by that company and fengtao after making a post on how they were stealing open sourced projects and not following the licenses properly. Now look at them. Pathetic.
Yes I agreed a fantastic company, lucky we have both DVDfab and ANYDVDHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back