• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

where is the profiles menu

oh my--busmaster drivers:confused:---I thought I was all fixed. I do have 2 ide burners and a plextor 760A that is in an external case. Can you just tell me why I would do this? Just two sentence's or less is ok. I'm going to look that over tomorrow and see if I can figure that one out. Thank you for all your help--much appreciated. ~Rose

Intel and third party busmaster drivers can cause issues. Both James and Olli (the original author of Clonecd) say to do this step if you're having issues with your ide burners. (I could write a much longer explanation, but you only wanted two sentences. And I'm a bit busy).

By the way, I have a Plextor 760a as well. I burn the MKM 001 stuff at 4x with it without any issues (use Plextools to set the booktype automatically to "dvd-rom"). Excellent burn quality . . .

I would try burning again. If you still have issues, then ensure you're using standard ide busmaster drivers.

Last edited:
Yes, I have Qsuite for the benQ. I shut off the speed write option, then turned it back on, then turned it off again. Didn't know if that was doing something nasty or not.

I don't know if you're referring to Q-suite's over speeding options, but if you are I recommend leaving this option off; you risk having bad quality burns when you attempt to burn at speeds that are higher than the rated speed of the blank media you're using.

Hi Shannon,

Yes, I have Qsuite for the benQ. I shut off the speed write option, then turned it back on, then turned it off again. Didn't know if that was doing something nasty or not.

Blanks and movies selected as "take no action". I'm going to go download the windows tool you posted now and see what is there. I think its the benQ drive though. I just bought this drive and used it in clone cd for the first couple times. Thank you.

~Rose

Looks like Webslinger has got you on the right track ... ;)

About the Listing for "CloneCD systray"
- It would 'placed' there - Only - After Install/ Update
You are given the Option - During the Installation of CloneCD
- to DeSelect this from the Install
No , It will not be replaced - every time you open CloneCD
I would just Recheck this - after an Update

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BenQ DW1655 and QSuite

Exit AnyDVD before opening QSuite
( not sure if this really matters - but I do )

For my TYs and Verbatim , I use this Set-Up

> SolidBurn is set as Below
SolidBurnSettings (488 x 617).jpg

At this Point ;
I would Press the "Clean" Button
- On the EEPROM Clean tool
This will allow you to 'ReLearn" your Media
You would only need to 'Clean" this - IF - you're having Troubles
( or if you've changed settings or Burn Speed )

> Test Write is Disabled
> BookType are ALL @ DVD-ROM
> OverSpeed is ENabled

note: Even though I have 'OverSpeed" enabled
- I still burn my "Keepers" @ 4x or 8x

When you "Change" a Setting > Select = "System" - If offered
- Otherwise the Settings will Return to Default upon Reboot

> WOPC is DISabled
You will have to RE Disable the WOPC tab
- Each and Everytime you Reboot the Computer

If found this Feature is completely unnecessary
- When using TYs / Verbatim

wink , wink , nudge , nudge ;)

6/30/2007 11:57:29 AM info ******************** Report session closed *********************
6/30/2007 11:56:20 AM info Writer: Media removed. Burning layer not ready to write
6/30/2007 11:56:20 AM info F8 key click: Open temporary log file
6/30/2007 11:53:32 AM info Copy completed.
6/30/2007 11:53:32 AM info Writer: Finalization Time 00:00:23 - Total completion time 00:07:46
6/30/2007 11:53:08 AM info Writer: Write finished in 00:07:22 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 8.39
6/30/2007 11:46:02 AM info Writer: Lead-in burning time (mS) 1
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Write started 2286144 sectors to write
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Available write speed: 16x, 12x, 8x, 4x
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Media ID: YUDEN000-T02-00
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Media type: DVD+R
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Ultra DMA mode 2 (ATA33)
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Available Virtual Memory : 1681 MB.
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Total Virtual Memory : 2047 MB.
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Memory Load : 17%
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Available Physical Memory : 2047 MB.
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Total Physical Memory : 2047 MB.
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Scanned files #38, folder #2 - total size 4680843264 b. (4.36 Gb.)
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Inserted media type : DVD+R
6/30/2007 11:45:45 AM info Writer: Write started
6/30/2007 11:45:43 AM info Volume name DEAD_SILENCE
6/30/2007 11:45:43 AM info Source path for burning "C:\Depot_DVDShrink\DEAD_SILENCE\VIDEO_TS"
6/30/2007 11:45:23 AM info Writer: New media inserted. Burning layer is ready to write
6/30/2007 11:45:23 AM info Writer: Compatible media types :
DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
6/30/2007 11:45:23 AM info Writer: New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCDB [E] (Ide)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nero ?
Didn't you Receive a Nero Install Disc with your DW1655 ?

fwiw ,
Unless there is something particular , that you like/use in Roxio
- I would completely remove Roxio
- and go with Nero ( just Do Not Install InCD )
I , myself , found Nero much more useful - over Roxio ;
So I binned Roxio
If you do this , After removing Roxio
- You'll need this
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Roxio-Zap.shtml

Anyway , just a thought

;)

Last edited:
note: Even though I have 'OverSpeed" enabled
- I still burn my "Keepers" @ 4x or 8x

Tivertonrose, do not burn MKM 001, which is what you are using, at anything higher than 4x, please. I appreciate that the overspeed option is for other types of media, but (with that option enabled) you're telling sold burn to produce new write strategies (with those other types), and for the purposes of troubleshooting, this option should really be disabled.

Shanon90210 is not referring to MKM 001 media when mentioning 8x (just clarifying)

Last edited:
Tivertonrose, do not burn MKM 001, which is what you are using, at anything higher than 4x, please.

Definitely Agree here - :agree:
In fact - I burn my MKM 001 @ 2.4x

@ 4x - the MKM 001 DL will tend skip - in one of my Players
( picky PS2 )

At $2.00 a pop ..... I'll wait the Difference

Sorry , I didn't mean to go off track :
I also agree about DISabling the 'OverSpeed'
- at least right now ( with DLs )

;)

Yes, both of you got me pretty much all straightened out. I've learned a lot. :clap:
Thanks for the roxio zapper, I am going to go do that. Roxio did not exit like a gentleman so I was wondering if it might have left lots of stuff behind.
I am using Nero now and tested out the lightscribe with it, with the BenQ. I really like how it looks. A change from the printed labels.
I read your posts from before Shannon, so when I installed Nero, I did NOT include the Incd. I already had Roxio and didn't know about the drag and drop then.
I have the Qsuite speed thing disabled. I don't need that anyway--just didn't know what it did and will let DL's burn at 2.4x to be safe. Thanks again. ~Rose

Hi,
I got a chance to burn another DL and it's still not working for me. I played the movie "the bostonians" and it freezes and skips about right in the middle. My daughter gave me her movie to copy, and that one played fine.

I don't how to read these tools very well, but I did a scan with Nero and this is what it looked like.
-----

Attachments

• July.17.jpg
    July.17.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 8
IMO, the trouble you are experiencing is because you are copying a single layer disc to a double layer disc. CloneCD is used for making 1:1 backups but with what you are trying your original and backup discs are not the same. From your scan your PI errors are extremely high when approaching the second layer and probably is causing the problem. Usually PI errors should not exceed 200 for an extended period. The readings on the first layer look very good.

I would recommend backing up single layer discs to single layer media (-R or +R) and double layer discs to the double layer media (+R DL). I bet your problem would disappear and the single layer discs are MUCH cheaper even for the recommended Taiyo Yuden Premium and Verbatim single layer discs.

Last edited:
Ok, I will check more closely the single and double layers. But if a movie is over 4.7 gig--maybe 2 1/2 hrs or more, I just assumed I would have to put it on a DL disk if I did not want it compressed--isn't that correct? . I can't remember the size on that movie, but I knew it was over 2 hours long and that is why I used a DL and no compression. I'll try it again when I get a long movie. AnyDvd will state if its two layers, right? Thanks. ~Rose

Back