• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the best DVD\ISO\CD Burning software for Vista?

KaosKameleon

I have always used NERO BURNING ROM 6, but now I'm on Vista and that version is not compatible. I used to use NERO EXPRESS to burn my ISOs and audio cds... Now I could buy NERO 7, but I heard its bloated and bad... I did a bit of research and found that my two best options as of now are :

1. NERO BURNING ROM 7 ULTRA ENHANCED EDITION

and

2. Ashampoo Burning Studio 7

I've never used Ashampoo but it looks good and less bloated... But can it burn ISOs?

What do you Vista users recommend? I want to be able to burn my DVDSHRINK ISOs, audio cds, data cds...

Thank you! :bowdown:

I use IMGBURN.
http://www.imgburn.com/

To quote:
=========================
ImgBurn supports all the Windows OS's - Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes.
=========================

Thanks, thats a great application for IMAGE files but I need to be able to burn AUDIO cds, DATA cds, mp3 cds...

hmm... Should I buy NERO 7?

Personally, I like Ahead Nero 7 and it's many features. You can always not install the parts you do not wish to use. And, as a v6 user you can purchase an upgrade with at a reduced cost.

My recommendation would be to install the demo version and see if it suits your needs. If it doesn't it has cost you nothing to try.

Thanks, thats a great application for IMAGE files but I need to be able to burn AUDIO cds, DATA cds, mp3 cds...
As far as I know, Audio CDs are still in the making. But for everything else, use ImgBurn. The best burner out there. I swear by it.

As far as I know, Audio CDs are still in the making. But for everything else, use ImgBurn. The best burner out there. I swear by it.

and for mp3 disks and data? Just use the bult-in Vista burner?

I need to be able to burn AUDIO cds, DATA cds, mp3 cds...

You can use ImgBurn to burn Data CDs/DVDs and Video DVDs as well (use 'Build' mode and 'Device' output).

To rip and burn Audio CDs you can use Windows Media Player or iTunes. Both are very decent applications and also free.

Mp3 cds are basically data cds with mp3 files.

But I personally mainly use Roxio (the main application from EMC9) for burning of data discs.

As to built-in Vista burning software, my opinion is that the part which uses packet-writing technology to create so called "Live File System" discs is implemented pretty well. You can use this if you ever used programs like Nero InCD or Roxio Drag-to-Disc on XP. Also it supports UDF 2.5 and you can create standard-compatible Blu-ray discs from your ripped folder on a hard drive this way (probably HD DVDs as well if you have a burner). Many people hate the whole concept of packet-writing though.

As to burning normal session-based discs, it is better not to use Vista's software for this IMHO. It is quite confusing and also takes a lot of space on a hard drive. (twice the amount of data you burn, I think - first it copies files you want to burn to some temporary folder, then also creates a temporary image before actually burning to disc). It does not properly burn Video_TS folders as well (burns them as data). So better use ImgBurn, Nero, Roxio, Clone CD, Clone DVD or whatever you like but not Vista's software for such discs.

Last edited:
i have vista ultimate, nero 7, and alcohol 120. i use alcohol for my cd image managing and mounting, and nero to burn/copy anything. i personally like all of the misc programs that get installed with it, but thats just me, so...:D

I Use Dvd Fab And Dvd Shrink

I use DVD fab the free version and Shrink totally flawless for new releases!!;)

DVD Shrink does not burn your DVDs. Which is what the OP is asking.

Back