• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What Blu-Ray drive should I get?

morecw

(SOLVED) What Blu-Ray drive should I get?

Hi all,

I want to rip my Region B Blu-Rays to a format I can play on my Samsung TV via USB. MKV works already so I think I'll stick with that.

I'm not interested in burning Blu-Ray disks, just ripping to file.

My question is: What external Blu-Ray player should I buy? I read someone recommending the 'asus 3.0 BW-12D1S-U'. But baring in mind I only need something that plays, are there any other cheaper USB-players out there? Important thing is it works reliably with AnyDVDHD.

Would really appreciate an answer to this.

Last edited:
Asus SBC-06D2X-U

Has anyone had success using AnyDvdHD with the Asus SBC-06D2X-U?

Success!

So I took a risk and bought the Asus SBC-06D2X-U in the end. AnyDVDHD rips it beautifully to the hard drive and from there I have the freedom to reencode how I like.

Shame noone was there to advise me before-hand!

Blu - ray and HDTV be designed for each other . The best way and an easy connection to most heads for TV Blu - ray is USED HDMI connectivity , providing the highest quality signal through one single cable has a flat top . All Blu - ray sẽ have HDMI output and all newer HDTV sẽ have HDMI inputs

So I took a risk and bought the Asus SBC-06D2X-U in the end. AnyDVDHD rips it beautifully to the hard drive and from there I have the freedom to reencode how I like.

Shame noone was there to advise me before-hand!

I'm a little confused and more curious than anything else. I'm with you when you mention the Asus as an external player (actually external BD "drive" and not to be confused with a stand-alone BD player), and that you want to rip BDs to your hard drive using it, but how are you sending these to your TV using USB? Are you burning the MKV files to a thumb drive and plugging that into your TV (USB port)? You mention re-encoding. Is that necessary? Just wondering?

Back