• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinex HD

Steve55

Hope I'm allowed to post this here.
I just heard about this product today for the first time and browsing its website I wanted to ask if I understood correctly.

(a)It removes Cinavia (b) not by a generalised method but (c) by having some kind of "diff" database between the Cinavia and non-Cinavia soundtracks for all known Cinavia-ed movies.

Are all my statements (a) (b) and (c) correct? I can't claim to have looked in-depth at this, I thought I'd tap the expertise here... if that isn't out of order...

Thanks, Steve

AFAIK this is a product with lots of promises and has not delivered anything more than frustrated early buyers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hope I'm allowed to post this here.
I just heard about this product today for the first time and browsing its website I wanted to ask if I understood correctly.

(a)It removes Cinavia (b) not by a generalised method but (c) by having some kind of "diff" database between the Cinavia and non-Cinavia soundtracks for all known Cinavia-ed movies.

Are all my statements (a) (b) and (c) correct? I can't claim to have looked in-depth at this, I thought I'd tap the expertise here... if that isn't out of order...

Thanks, Steve

• It supposedly breaks detection in software and hardware players by removing or altering the signal. Without knowing what is really being done - and I don't think anyone really does - we can't say.
  • The method used isn't entirely clear but the audio is altered and you lose the original HD audio and the result is lesser quality. They still haven't offered everything they promised, too.
  • What is in the database files has been debated. Some believe it may be from a DVD release lacking Cinavia. I don't entirely buy that but I also don't really see what that has been accomplished is a full-proof future-proof solution, either.

How exactly it works is not entirely clear but you definitely lose HD audio and the audio is degraded. Some people notice the audio degradation more than others. Some seem to notice no loss which, frankly, makes me think they need their hearing checked.

I've used the software off and on a number to test. Personally, I find it over-priced, buggy, consider the quality of the audio after removing Cinavia to be lacking, just have a negative opinion of Pixbyte/DVD Ranger due to their failing to deliver what they promised, didn't release when promised after taking pre-orders, threw out some hair-brained excuses after a long silence and after people got extremely upset, and have some of the worst PR approach that I've ever seen (ie check out how they react to people over at Myce).

Last edited:
  • It supposedly breaks detection in software and hardware players by removing or altering the signal. Without knowing what is really being done - and I don't think anyone really does - we can't say.
  • The method used isn't entirely clear but the audio is altered and you lose the original HD audio and the result is lesser quality. They still haven't offered everything they promised, too.
  • What is in the database files has been debated. Some believe it may be from a DVD release lacking Cinavia. I don't entirely buy that but I also don't really see what that has been accomplished is a full-proof future-proof solution, either.

How exactly it works is not entirely clear but you definitely lose HD audio and the audio is degraded. Some people notice the audio degradation more than others. Some seem to notice no loss which, frankly, makes me think they need their hearing checked.

OK Thanks! Doesn't sound very interesting, does it. Thanks again.

The thing that made me think that maybe they were taking the audio from DVD versions is that someone offered them a piece of audio with Cinavia in it that wasn't from any other available source and they refused to remove the Cinavia from it. If they'd taken up that challenge and removed the Cinavia all the speculation would have ended but instead they just continued to be abusive to anyone who doubted what they claimed

The thing that made me think that maybe they were taking the audio from DVD versions is that someone offered them a piece of audio with Cinavia in it that wasn't from any other available source and they refused to remove the Cinavia from it. If they'd taken up that challenge and removed the Cinavia all the speculation would have ended but instead they just continued to be abusive to anyone who doubted what they claimed

Have you seen this post? I agree with you that so far it seems to be all propaganda and very little proof so far. He claims to have proof of a conversion sample but I have my doubts about the source of the clips. He could have faked that too.

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?54379-Cinavia-and-a-third-party-product/page65

Sadly, this product is no longer available. Their web site is down and so is their email. Too bad because I really liked this program. It was the only Cinavia removal program that really worked.

Using Any dvd in conjunction with clone BD will remove the cinavia virus just fine. Also, surprising enough dvd fab works well for removing it too (if the title is supported).

The CinexHD website has reappeared and the downloads are working. No idea how long that'll last.

No new downloads, just the same old movies. He is trying to squeeze a few more people into buying this overrated piece of garbage.

No new downloads, just the same old movies. He is trying to squeeze a few more people into buying this overrated piece of garbage.

Agreed but for anyone who already bought the software and hadn't grabbed a database before the downloads stopped working or has since purchased an older supported movie it could be useful.

Back