• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help with changing bitsetting on DL +R media

nododo

I followed the instructions from the sticky at the top of this thread page, but get stuck at step 4. When running Nero cd-dvd speed, all the bitsetting options under the Extra menu are grayed out, so I don't know how to change the setting to DVD-ROM. I'm using:

Verbatim 2.4x DL +R (Singapore)
Nero CD-DVD Speed v. 4.7
Sony DRU 830A

Thanks for your help.

Sony DRU 830A

This drive depending on the firmware version, apparently doesn't support permanent bitsetting. That is, you have to change it each time.

So, here's an alternative:

1. Download and install imgburn:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
This is also a free program

2. Insert your Verbatim + R DL media in your burner.

3. Select your burner in the "Destination" drop down box.

4. Click "Tools"-->"Drive"-->"Change Booktype"

5. I believe your burner is really a Samsung SH-S182D. So choose Samsung.

6. Under "Change For:", select "dvd+r dl".

7. If your current setting is "dvd-rom", leave everything alone and exit Imgburn and stop following this list.

8. Under "New setting", select "dvd-rom". Click "Change" and then "Ok".
Exit Imgburn

Now, based on what I've read your burner will default back to its original setting each time you eject the drive. This means you have to do this each and everytime before you burn.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi :)
If the drive is a Samsung then the change will be temporal (s/w) as Webslinger has said. It should last until restart. Samsung f/w has an oddity that means no-one can (be bothered) to bring out any patched f/w. Life is tuff.:agree:

Thanks, Gentlemen. I followed the procedure through step 6, then stopped at step 7 when the current setting read "dvd-rom" for the "dvd+r dl" selection. Does this mean that the drive manufacturer already set it as default in their firmware, despite Nero's identification as a DVD+R book?

Thanks, Gentlemen. I followed the procedure through step 6, then stopped at step 7 when the current setting read "dvd-rom" for the "dvd+r dl" selection. Does this mean that the drive manufacturer already set it as default in their firmware, despite Nero's identification as a DVD+R book?

Quite possibly, that's what I would think . . . unless, of course, you somehow managed to change the setting previously in nero cd-dvd speed despite everything being greyed out.

The only way to be sure is to burn and see if afterwards the booktype is identified as "dvd-rom".

Last edited:

I made a mistake. Your drive is a rebadged Benq 1640 or 1650 that happens to be based on the Samsung SH-S182D.

So I guess you should try "Benq" in Imgburn.

Thanks, Webslinger. It seems to work either way and the result is a DVD-ROM book type.

Back