• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Daniel Boone SN3 D6

Trooper

After submitting the IFO's and messing with this disk on four different pc's and following the instructions from the email I've gotten from Slysoft on what to do, the end result is the same. I "can" succeed in cloning this disk, but the primary issue now is with the "disc error" when putting it into a standalone dvd player. Upon ignoring the "disc error" I can press the Play button on the remote control, which begins playing the first episode, then I can press the Menu button and get the menu. I use XP and have four different PC's and have SIX different types of burn media of both +/- and get the same results on each pc and different media (even on a Ridata DVD+RW).

BTW, the factory disk is the same way ... it does not start with the menu, but begins playing the first episode immediately (minus the disc error), and then you can press the Menu button to get the menu. So, CloneDVD DOES clone it the way it is designed by the factory disk, but I am still befuddled by the "disc error" msg when playing it back in the standalone players (have three different standalones with same results). Trust me, it isn't bad media or the pc's, it is the factory disk itself that is defective which it is very doubtful the manufacturer will recall them to fix them in our lifetime.

I'm curious here if there is some way to rearrange the contents on this disk so it will clone to play correctly. I've already made avi's and converted to make a dvd of just the episodes to avoid the disc error bit, but I would like to know how to fix this durned disc if possible.

Since the original disc functions in the exact same manner as the backup, Clonedvd worked perfectly fine.

Clonedvd can only cut chapters or completely remove titlesets. So you can't achieve what you want using Clonedvd.

I'll move this thread to the Thirdy Part Products forums, where others can offer advice about other programs to try.

No, it doesn't clone the disk 100% properly since every clone done starts up in playback with the disc error on it ... the factory original disc does not do the disc error.

what are the movie titles of the discs your are copying? and what region?
and what are the brands of standalone dvd players your have tried using?

sounds a bit weird that your original dvd's jump to the main movie and bypass the main menu so maybe that is the way it is meant to be-something the movie people have done.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't clone the disk 100% properly since every clone done starts up in playback with the disc error on it ... the factory original disc does not do the disc error.

Oh, I didn't realize this, sorry. I'll move the thread back to the Clonedvd forum.

1. What is the full error message? Please provide the full error message. It just says "disc error"?

2. Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.6.5

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar, and click the "default" button. Then click "ok".

4. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Go to "video dvd"-->"settings". Under Default Region, ensure the region setting matches the region of the original disc.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

6. Run Anydvd again, and follow this guide step by step:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476
(provided it's compatible with your burner--and provided that your burner supports bitsetting changes, use Taiyo Yuden Premium 8x dvd+R and change the booktype to "dvd-rom"--see step 3 from the guide I linked to).

Last edited:
The standalone dvd player gives the "disc error" msg and immediately halts, presenting with the big digital "STOP" displayed on the unit. I am using the most updated version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. As I've mentioned, I have burned this to both +/- media, use slower burn speeds (4x & 8x ... and even on a 2.4x cheapie RW... tried them all), and have cloned this on four different pc's with the same end result.

Earlier I attempted to play a clone on this pc using PowerDVD6, but it is possible I needed to reboot or it just wasn't happy with PowerDVD since it just did an hourglass holding pattern beyond normal. However, using Nero ShowTime, I was able to open it and actually get to the Title menu.

The main thing here is that all the disks that I have burned and have attempted to play in my standalone dvd players I immediately get the "disc error" message displayed (I have three standalone dvd players and they all give me the "disc error" message with all the different cloned discs).

I happened to think to hit the play button on the remote control on one of the cloned disks after getting the disc error message, and that is when the dvd DID play, but it jumped immediately into playing the first episode. I subsequently pressed the Menu button on the remote control and got the menu. As I mentioned before, CloneDVD "did" clone it, but the main problem here is with getting it to play similarly to the original disc ... meaning no "disc error" message on playback. I mentioned that the factory disc is, also, poorly constructed in that it, too, immediately starts to play the first episode and am able to use the Menu button on the remote control to get the menu. The only difference here is that the factory disc doesn't do the "disc error" when inserting it into the standalone dvd player. So, what is CloneDVD or AnyDVD overlooking in the cloning process? I admit that the factory disc is whacked, but functional if you know to press the Menu button to get the menu). So, I'm a tad befuddled on how to get around this playback problem whereby the dvd player is looking for something to read .. which it does read that a dvd is in it, but then stops and gives the "Disc Error."

I cloned all the other 7 disks of the set of 8 ... and this Disc 6 is "sort of" cloned/backed up. This is why I had asked if there is an alternative means of fixing it so it will clone properly if nothing can be worked around using AnyDVD & CloneDVD.

I admit that the factory disc is whacked, but functional if you know to press the Menu button to get the menu).

1. Please do step 8 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

2. Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". Let us know if Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors.

It's also possible this disc's ifos have been poorly created, or there could be an error in the menus.

What happens if you play the disc in another standalone dvd player? What happens if you play the both the original and the backup on your computer?

I know the disks are fine and yes, I tried the factory disk and the cloned disks on the different dvd players on the pc (and the dfferent standalones) ... thought I had already mentioned that where it crashed PowerDVD6, but played okay in Nero.

I am done messing with this disk since I know that the company that mass produced the set is some no-name company and hard to say how the no-named programmers managed to get their jobs with the whacked dvd structures they've set up on these disks (this isn't the only disk that is whacked! But, at least the others cloned). I've got all my firmware updated as well on all my burners and it's not like this is the only disk I've tried to clone in the whole wide world ... it's just the title/menu structure design that is so far wierd it is hard to fathom. Even when I put Santa proggie to task on one of my other pc's to convert the avi's I'd made, Santa didn't want to put the avi'd episodes in the numbered order .. I succeeded but took some doing.

So, I'm at the juncture I wish not to take more of your time and wish to thank you for your assist ... this disk just is NOT the average sophisticated kind which are so badly noviced/structured that Slysoft can't fathom/imagine anyone generating them to sell to the public and would not be able to set up a low level type of AnyDVD/CloneDVD that could begin to tackle it/them (or want to) <smile>.

I know the disks are fine

Well, based on the fact you've managed to rip the original with Clonedvd, I'm concluding no read errors occur on the original.

and yes, I tried the factory disk and the cloned disks on the different dvd players on the pc (and the dfferent standalones)

And both the original and the backup behave in the same manner on everything? If the original acts weird on every standalone player, then I suggest the issue is the original disc.

Other than editing the disc structure, I think you're out of luck.

So, I'm at the juncture I wish not to take more of your time and wish to thank you for your assist

Based on what you've written, I doubt Clonedvd will help you, as it's likely dealing with some crazy disc structure that wasn't intended on purpose by the publishers (nor by any copy protection).

this disk just is NOT the average sophisticated kind which are so badly noviced/structured that Slysoft can't fathom/imagine anyone generating them to sell to the public and would not be able to set up a low level type of AnyDVD/CloneDVD that could begin to tackle it/them (or want to) <smile>.

This method will likely work (there's no reason why it shouldn't):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

(However, the backup will still function in the same manner as the original).

I sincerely doubt, by the way, that this issue has anything to do with Anydvd.

If you use +R media and change the booktype to "dvd-rom", I wonder if the backup will then function in the exact same manner as the original (without the "disc error" message). This was one reason why I suggested doing it.

As for the menu issue, you would need to know how to edit disc structures. Unless you have a lot of time to invest, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. The programs and guides you'd want to google are pcgedit and ifoedit.

Last edited:
yes, I had no read errors with cloning and yes, the factory disk and backups behave the same way other than the playback. And, as I said, the original does act wierd since it doesn't start with the menu at all, but jumps directly into playing the first episode. The only difference is that I get the disc error on the standalone with the cloned disc but not the factory disc, but I get the cloned disc to play by pressing the play button. So, I'll just be content with that.

When I say the disks are fine .. I have mentioned I have used different media and I have the identifier so know the manufacturer and what they are. I'm aware of how quirks of each disk on a spindle can be flakey in some capacity or another but I seriously doubt that 14 burned disks that I did over the weekend of this disk could be bad.

I don't use Dual Layered disks so the one link you gave doesn't apply. And, I spent some considerable time earlier and over the weekend looking over all the other links and did apply what was applicable.

I gather that the IFO's I'd submitted simply tell no tale of what's amiss with this disk ... it is just wierdly concocted willy-nilly and to go further with it has wearied me. I'll just put a note on the disks I've cloned to remind me that I need to press the play button and ignore the "disc error" msg and go from there. I have been chatting at this moment with someone in the next state who said that his factoried disk crashes windvd, so yes, it is definitely the original disk that has a problem ... but, was hoping the forum/Slysoft could shed some light on just what the IFO's I'd sent reveal about it and if anything further can be done with it.

Ok, but when you ask James, could you ask him if it is worth my while to purchase some Dual Layered RW's to attempt to try out what is suggested on that one link and perhaps that would help the structure on this type of badly structured disk? I'm open about it but realize those dual layered RW disks aren't cheap ... and I'm a bit intrigued by what is mentioned there in a workaround kind of theme ... a bit over my head since I've never considered to use CloneCD on a dvd backup situation. It may be the answer to cure that disc error .. but would appreciate a bit more feedback first before making the investment.

Ok, but when you ask James, could you ask him if it is worth my while to purchase some Dual Layered RW's to attempt to try out what is suggested on that one link and perhaps that would help the structure on this type of badly structured disk? I'm open about it but realize those dual layered RW disks aren't cheap ... and I'm a bit intrigued by what is mentioned there in a workaround kind of theme ... a bit over my head since I've never considered to use CloneCD on a dvd backup situation. It may be the answer to cure that disc error .. but would appreciate a bit more feedback first before making the investment.

I will not be asking James as the original disc is clearly the issue, and Clonedvd does not edit disc structures. Providing you with information on how to edit ifos, etc., goes outside the realm of supporting these products. If James happens to read this thread and provide you with specific information, then great. Regardless, the programs you should be googling are pcgedit and ifoedit.

As for Clonecd fixing the menu issue, the answer is no (but it will more than likely eliminate the "disk error" message). Clonecd can not improve upon the original.

I've yet to see a +R DL RW by the way.

Last edited:
Thank you Webslinger ... you're right, there aren't any DL RW's .. thought there was. The main thing for me here was to find out if there was some way to clone this disk without the result causing that "disc error" and sounds like the use of the CloneCD is probably the answer, but with the cheapest DL's being still at minimum a little over a buck a pop, it doesn't seem it is worthwhile to try them on this project just to "see" if it fixes the disc error problem, considering I'd probably goof up on the first ten tries before getting more solidly familiar with the process.

So, for anyone out there in cyber, beware/ be aware of the Daniel Boone sets they are mass producing since it is a rinky-dink outfit doing them and they appear not to have good quality control assurances, plus they don't care about customer service (as evidenced by the fellow I was chatting with last night who got one of the disks in his set that was damaged from being loosened out from the hub holder housing during transit from the factory, and he said they won't replace it). Lol, I told him if he'd like I'll send him a clone so he can finally watch the last disk!

I would like to add that I have used the Slysoft bundle now going on two years and have been very pleased with it and many of my friends are now using it as well (maybe give me a discount for referrals? lol). I've not moved into the HiDef world yet since it appears Microsoft and Hi-Def electronic's marketers are still messing with people to buy stuff they claim works even after you've jumped thru a thousand hoops to meet the ill-defined criteria's ... but it's a matter of time like the beta versus vhs theme. Thank you again for assisting me with something I already knew had a bad/whacked structure and it "did" clone, but didn't clone 100% accurately.

Considering out of the numerous clones I have made, this kind of thing doesn't happen often and it is good to know that Slysoft continues fastidious work doing all these great updates to keep me very happy as an ongoing customer. So, kudos for help with this Daniel Boone!

Back