• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with anydvd 6.165

dolfan

Ok i try and make copies for personal use and i havent have a problem burning with dvd shrink and avydvd till now i updated to 6.165 last week and now i have problem play my movies i burn my dvd player say there is no disk or the play feature on the disk may be turn off what ever that means so im gonna uninstall 165 and put 1.33 back on cause i didnt have any problems with that been trying to copy the born identiy and die hard 2 so not sure if its the disk i used about 6 disks thik maybe i got a bad batch there maxell so maybe that it , but today i bought some memorexs and it did the same thing so ill give 1.33 a shot and see if that works if anyone has any advice let me know thanks .

Stop using Memorex and regular Maxell blank media.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

2. Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell that are not made in Japan are not good quality media). Are you using inferior blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer is yes.
If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250

3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x or 8x instead of 16x)

4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)

5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)

6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

7. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Insert the problematic backup disc, select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your backup is bad (which is the most likely case), your optical drive may be slowly dying, or your optical drive simply doesn't like the disc (or your choice of blank media)--even if the disc looks fine.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

well actually as soon as i switched back to 133 it works fine no probs so its not the disk thanks though

well actually as soon as i switched back to 133 it works fine no probs so its not the disk thanks though

133 has no bearing on anything, and it's far more likely you're playing "find the blank disc that works game" with your inferior blank media choices. But suit yourself

dolfan
The most likely solution is to use good media. Maxell and Memorex are NOT good media. Try some Verbatim.

Interesting since the wide majority of us have had no problems with the updated software as long as we use quality media. Please continue to use memorex, etc., so some activity will continue to occur in these forums.:D

well it dosnet make any sense that it wouldnt work with 165 ad as soon as i changes it the same disks that wouldnt work for 165 would work for 133 if it was media it wouldnt work for either correct?

well it dosnet make any sense that it wouldnt work with 165 ad as soon as i changes it the same disks that wouldnt work for 165 would work for 133 if it was media it wouldnt work for either correct?

If you're using inferior blank media like Memorex and generic/regular Maxell blank media, discs can fail from one disc to the next within the same spindle. Failures and successes can be little more than coincidental (and may have no bearing on the version of Anydvd you're using). Once you eliminate the possibility of using inferior, inconsistent blank media, then you can start looking at other possibilities. In other words, changing Anydvd versions isn't merely isolating one variable.

Again, bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

In addition to following the steps I also mentioned previously in my original reply, I strongly recommend you do steps 3 and 4 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Last edited:
Please continue to use memorex, etc., so some activity will continue to occur in these forums.:D

*sigh*
:(

For the love of . . .

NOOOOO!

I log in here, and I see nothing but spam from a troll with 3 user accounts. He posted the same unrelated stuff in every single thread imaginable, and was still going strong until I banned the accounts (and I have since deleted the posts). It's been busy for me. Now where are those headache pills. :doh: :D

Last edited:
Webslinger,
That's why you get paid the big money!!

BTW, I hate Memorex, Maxell, TDK, Princo, HP, GQ Great-Quality and CheapX etc. etc. media postings too. And the users often defend "... it's not the media that is the problem ...". To they, them and thine I would ask: How could a decryptor like AnyDVD (affecting only the ripping of a DVD) have AnyThinggg to do with a badly burned (& btw well known as & overly posted as) crap media disks! Different batches from different factories, varying quality from disk to disk even on the same spindle etc, etc and more! ... Such as degrading to the point of being unplayable in 6 months or a year. Return them or throw them in the trash! I find it hard to even think of a metaphor that would approach exampling the ludicrousness or lack of deductive reasoning by which the conclusion was reached. Maybe something like my engine wouldn't start because the quality of the new air I pumped into my tires yesterday is bad, so I'm gonna push my car back to the other gas station and fill my tires with the same air that was in my tires before the engine stopped working ... that will solve the problem.

Sowaddaya-all-gonnado? ... go back to a version of AnyDVD that won't decrypt several current encryptions? Makes no sense. The problem is bad media (or sometimes, non-current burner firmware or not bitsetting); solve those problems.

But, *sigh*, I know my rant is for not, because tomorrow, someone will ignore good advice and post back the same thing. And to be fair, this rant is not directed at any one member but instead at the resistance to qualified advice that I guess we must accept as part of human nature.

Whisperer

Last edited:
And to be fair, this rant is not directed at any one member but instead at the resistance to qualified advice that I guess we must accept as part of human nature.

Yes, I think that's very true. When people go out and buy things (and provided these items work awhile or even a little), they don't want to be told that what they bought was not worth buying.

"My receiver is just as good as yours. It has the same rated watt output as your Denon, Harmon-Kardon, Marantz, Rotel, etc." :rolleyes:

Many other examples, exist, of course.

Last edited:
Back