• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Folders in My Documents/AnyDVDHD

Bommy

Just started ripping HD-DVDs to my media storage drive and it's also creating folders, with the same folder names as the full rips, in an 'AnyDVD HD' folder in My Documents. Just wondered what these are, whether they must be kept (I presume so), why they're not ripped to the same folder as the rest of the disc, and if it's gonna cause any problems if I rename the rip folder from, for example 'MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE_3_D2_EUROPE' to 'Mission Impossible 3 (Disc 2)' - if so, can I get around that by also renaming the folder that's in My Documents?

Last edited:
Just started ripping HD-DVDs to my media storage drive and it's also creating folders, with the same folder names as the full rips, in an 'AnyDVD HD' folder in My Documents. Just wondered what these are, whether they must be kept (I presume so), why they're not ripped to the same folder as the rest of the disc, and if it's gonna cause any problems if I rename the rip folder from, for example 'MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE_3_D2_EUROPE' to 'Mission Impossible 3 (Disc 2)' - if so, can I get around that by also renaming the folder that's in My Documents?

This is the folder where AnyDVD looks for script files you might have modified for AnyDVD's wonderful "Magic File Replacement(tm)" technology. :)
You can change the directory location in AnyDVD's settings.

Thanks for that.

So, if I change the scripts setting folder in AnyDVD HD to E:/HD-DVD, which is also where my rips are going, will they happily sit in the same folder as the rip?

And if so, can I move the current ones into the existing rip folders? And can I rename the individual rips' folders, so I have the rip AND the scripts stored in the same, neatly named folder?

Thanks for that.

So, if I change the scripts setting folder in AnyDVD HD to E:/HD-DVD, which is also where my rips are going, will they happily sit in the same folder as the rip?

And if so, can I move the current ones into the existing rip folders? And can I rename the individual rips' folders, so I have the rip AND the scripts stored in the same, neatly named folder?

No. you shouldn't do that - they have nothing to do with your rips. The files in there are actually "Mirrored" into the disc image (insert a HD-DVD disc with AnyDVD HD running and these files will appear to be "on the disc" itself).
Rips are a completely different thing. Don't mix them up.

If you want to totally get rid of those files, check "delete script files when done". Then these will only appear while the disc is in the drive - this will make the disc scanning take slightly longer and you will not be able to make "permanent" changes to the disc.

Last edited:
Back