• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Showtime Problems

Ted Gatlin

Hi -
I am having a problem playing BD -both the CD's and from ripped files on my hard drive. I can play DVD-HD files and DVD's fine.

I also have Cyberlink Power DVD 7.3 and can play both BD and DVD-HD DVD's and files with no problem at all.

I have purchased Nero Ultimate and the plug in for playing both HD formats.

I have just done a complete update on all of the Nero modules.

Any ideas of what I might try to solve the issue.

You might say why worry about it if Power DVD works - it is mainly the fact that Nero is supposed to work as well - if I have read everything correctly.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ted

Hi -
I am having a problem playing BD -both the CD's and from ripped files on my hard drive. I can play DVD-HD files and DVD's fine.

I also have Cyberlink Power DVD 7.3 and can play both BD and DVD-HD DVD's and files with no problem at all.

I have purchased Nero Ultimate and the plug in for playing both HD formats.

I have just done a complete update on all of the Nero modules.

Any ideas of what I might try to solve the issue.

You might say why worry about it if Power DVD works - it is mainly the fact that Nero is supposed to work as well - if I have read everything correctly.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ted
AFAIK Nero Showtime does not play commercial BDMV movies.

AFAIK Nero Showtime does not play commercial BDMV movies.

I installed the latest release of Nero(7.10.1.0) and I can confirm that it still does not support commercial BDMV movies. Direct playback of commercial .m2ts movie files is even worse than it was in the last release.

On the bright side, I can finally play HD DVDs movies with Showtime! They look and sound great, but playback is still buggy because I can crash it if I skip forward and back multiple times while playing the movie.

I still believe that Showtime is a watered down version of Cyberlink's PowerDVD (in this case Ultra). Just look at the program options. The look and feel is so similar that, if it's not licensed from Cyberlink, then I think Cyberlink has a good case for copyright infringement.

Right now, I think that the reason they're not supporting Blu-ray is because of the costs involved. I wouldn't be surprised if, down the road, they offered a commercial Blu-ray player plugin for another $25.

Back