• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista 64 bit

phasechange

Hi!

I've been away a while and I'm glad you were decent enough to offer an upgrade to existing GJ users. (I've been a Slysoft customer since the early days).

I upgraded without checking if 64 bit was supported although it was the first thing I thought of once I had paid. It isn't but I don't mind as I assume it is on the way. I've looked at a few threads and it's kind of unclear as to how things are progressing. Any chance of some words confirming that 64bit work is underway and possibly saying how things are going?

Thanks,
Phasechange

Another unhappy Vista x64 customer

:mad:
Dang it...first the original company just goes puff in a cloud of smoke and disapears. Then while attending TechEd a beautiful msg...the product is back. Yeah immediately purchase it and low and behold...sorry no Gamejackal for you... where is the x64 love?

And here I thought it was only Microsoft that couldn't figure out how to get there software running under Vista x64 (trying to get Home Server connector to work with x64 with no luck...you would thing Microsoft would have some kinda of clue)

Is there a date when it may be available???

Is there a date when it may be available???

No. No official announcement has been made.

http://www.slysoft.com/gamejackal.html

"System Requirements

* IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM
* Windows 2000/XP/VISTA32
* 2 MB hard-disk space"

Vista64 isn't listed.

James has stated he will be working on Vista64 support, but no official announcement has been made.

Hi.

I am also wayting for a 64 bit version. So dear Slysoft, when will this happen, sorry that i am a bit impatient.

Honestly, most companies don't support 64-bit or vista yet. It is one of those things where you should wait a year or two before switching. I made the mistake on my laptop and a large amount of programs and drivers do not work.

However, slysoft stated in another forum that they were working on 64-bit.

all of my hardware is supported by Vista 64 bit. All of my programs and games work except Gamejackal. Choosing upgrades requires care but other than that and Gamejackal not supporting 64 bit I have no reason not to run it. I also have 4GB of RAM and need some upgrade headroom :)

So... is Gamejackal going 64 bit and how much effort is required?

all of my hardware is supported by Vista 64 bit. All of my programs and games work except Gamejackal. Choosing upgrades requires care but other than that and Gamejackal not supporting 64 bit I have no reason not to run it. I also have 4GB of RAM and need some upgrade headroom :)

So... is Gamejackal going 64 bit and how much effort is required?

Yes, it is going 64-bit. However, I can not give you a timeframe for it's release... stay tuned ;)

Cheers Matt! That's good to know. I'm in no hurry but am glad the work had began.

many programs/games that aren't made for 64 bit WILL work on vista 64. they get installed to the folder "program files x86" instead of the regular "program files". however as i stated "many", and that means not all. unfortunately game jackal is one of those that will not, it in fact will not even install on a 64 os :(

many programs/games that aren't made for 64 bit WILL work on vista 64. they get installed to the folder "program files x86" instead of the regular "program files". however as i stated "many", and that means not all. unfortunately game jackal is one of those that will not, it in fact will not even install on a 64 os :(

yeh, cos it uses a 32 bit driver, the executable is just a front end, the maplom.sys is where the 'magic' happens, and you cant load 32 bit drivers in a 64 bit os.. same as a 64 bit dll can not load 32 bit dlls and so on....

Back