• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Maxells 16x have interesting problem

JimB

I just purchased a batch of 100 Maxell 16x DVDs (gold colored). I have not had any problems in the past with TDKs but I find that these new Maxells must be washed with liquid soap and water before they play. Apparently there is some sort of film on them that prevents my players from playing them until washed.

This Sounds really strange. Must be a bad batch or something..... i would return them for another batch if possible. Or exchnage for Verbatim or TY then they will be perfect. ;) :agree:

When buying Maxells, try to make sure you're getting the Japan made Maxells. It will say on the package, somewhere near the bar code.
Good luck!

Maxell's

I just purchased a batch of 100 Maxell 16x DVDs (gold colored). I have not had any problems in the past with TDKs but I find that these new Maxells must be washed with liquid soap and water before they play. Apparently there is some sort of film on them that prevents my players from playing them until washed.

Never had that issue but my burner Pioneer says identifies them as Rieteck or some such generic brands lol. Makes you wonder if their really name brands or some relabeled trash???

Maxell's are not noted for being quality media. Made in Japan+GOOD. Verbatim is the exception.

Maxell's are not noted for being quality media. Made in Japan+GOOD. Verbatim is the exception.

Their MIJ is good, I wouldnt buy their MIT ones. Sams Club carrys Maxell inkjet hub printable ones for $27.00 for a 75 pack and every now and then they get some MIJ spindals in with the MIT ones.

Their MIJ is good, I wouldnt buy their MIT ones. Sams Club carrys Maxell inkjet hub printable ones for $27.00 for a 75 pack and every now and then they get some MIJ spindals in with the MIT ones.
Even the MIJ one are not that good, I mean they are passable but not something I would go out of my way to purchase. I have 3X 50 spindles of the Maxell 002 8X + media and another 3 spidles of the Gold top MIJ 8X dash media both MIJ. I still prefer Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden to Maxell.

Even the MIJ one are not that good, I mean they are passable but not something I would go out of my way to purchase. I have 3X 50 spindles of the Maxell 002 8X + media and another 3 spidles of the Gold top MIJ 8X dash media both MIJ. I still prefer Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden to Maxell.

i'll take them off your hands then :rolleyes:

:D

Back