• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

General Question on CloneDVD2

epete

I want to back up my DVDs without loss in quality for playback on a hard drive.

Will the ISO format on CloneDVD2 do this for me? From what I can figure out from reading through this forum, that will allow me to have a single file rather than the multiple files in the raw data from a regular rip.

I also understand that I may loose some data, such as where the break is (i believe that is refering to where the movie is split between the two layers on the disk and you sometimes will notice a slight pause.) What else do I loose in an ISO file, Do I loose the menus and other extras?

If I use Clone CD is seems to want to create an image. What is an Image and what are the benefits of this?

I purchased teh entire set of software titles from SlySoft but am not sure which ones to use.

Will the ISO format on CloneDVD2 do this for me?

Yes, but choose "dvd+/-R DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd to avoid compression.

From what I can figure out from reading through this forum, that will allow me to have a single file rather than the multiple files in the raw data from a regular rip.

yes

Do I loose the menus and other extras?

No. Not unless you chose to omit them.

As far as backing up dvd-video releases go, the only major advantage of using Clonecd that I see is that it will preserve the original layer break position (when you use +R DL blank media), and it will also backup any pc files that may be extras on the discs (like games or screensavers).

As far as backing up dvd-video releases go, the only major advantage of using Clonecd that I see is that it will preserve the original layer break position (when you use +R DL blank media), and it will also backup any pc files that may be extras on the discs (like games or screensavers).

Thanks Webslinger! Just made my first back-up. (Using CloneDVD2 as above) Is the image file that Clonecd was creating (before I canceled out of it an ISO file too?

Thanks Webslinger! Just made my first back-up. (Using CloneDVD2 as above) Is the image file that Clonecd was creating (before I canceled out of it an ISO file too?

No. Clonecd creates .img files

Back