• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pan's Labyrinth message "this movie will not play"

albsure

Searched the forum and didn't see any similar questions.

On Pan's Labyrinth I get this on the burning screen of Clone DVD:
"This movie will not play due to the parental setting of the player"

On An Inconvenient Truth I get a similar message pertaining to region of the player.

The problem is -- this warning comes up in the the burn process on the snapshot screen. The disc isn't even in the player yet.

Anyone else have this problem?

On An Inconvenient Truth I get a similar message pertaining to region of the player.

The problem is -- this warning comes up in the the burn process on the snapshot screen.

You mean the message constantly stays there?

If these messages appear on the original discs--and you choose to backup the titlesets that include those messages, then it makes sense for the messages to appear in Clonedvd's burning window. That doesn't necessarily imply the backup won't work. However, if that message stays in Clonedvd's preview/burning window forever, then that's a problem.

no

Last edited:
This shouldn't be a problem. As CloneDVD goes along it takes snapshots of where its at. Since all of the FBI Warnings and Parental Control options are at the end of the DVD in most cases, this is usually the last snapshot taken and shown in that window until you are done your burn. This picture really means nothing and the backup should be fine.;)

The problem is -- this warning comes up in the the burn process on the snapshot screen. The disc isn't even in the player yet.

I get the same message about the parental setting with several movies. However, it has not been a problem as far as playback is concerned. So, don't worry, be happy...

:bowdown::bowdown:WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown::bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

...sorry I'm not really doing a good job explaining.

the image is a blue screen that on a completed backup disc, doesn't play in any of my players (region-free and regular shelf-top players included).
The image does not show on any of the selectable media files in clonedvd but when the disc is burning pops up in the snapshot window, and on the disc. On my shelf-top players, the screen shows and the menu options are disabled.

ps. the specific message from the inconvenient truth disc is visually the same but not about parental settings at all but about the disc being from the wrong region... from blockbuster (preowned of course ;))

Last edited:

the image is a blue screen that on a completed backup disc, doesn't play in any of my players (region-free and regular shelf-top players included).
The image does not show on any of the selectable media files in clonedvd but when the disc is burning pops up in the snapshot window, and on the disc. On my shelf-top players, the screen shows and the menu options are disabled.

ps. the specific message from the inconvenient truth disc is visually the same but not about parental settings at all but about the disc being from the wrong region... from blockbuster (preowned of course ;))

If you are using AnyDVD, make sure that the region setting in settings match the disc. Check if the original disc plays on your computer when AnyDVD is running.

O.k.

1. Ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.6.5

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar, and click the "default" button. Then click "ok".

3. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Go to "video dvd"-->"settings". Under Default Region, ensure the region setting matches the region of the original disc as James stated.

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

5. Run Anydvd again, and follow this guide step by step:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

Back