• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

where is the profiles menu

tivertonrose

Hi,
I've been searching for an hour looking for the profiles menu. I uninstalled clone cd and reinstalled it thinking it was missing. I read in another post to right click on the dvd drive in clone cd and you would see, new, edit, copy, rename and delete. I had a dvd in the drive. But when I do it, it is greyed out and I can't chose anything. How does clone cd know what speed I want to burn at etc? I have clone dvd also, but that one is not so mysterious.
Below (snap 2) is the window that comes up when I click on cloneCd5, but I am trying to get to the profiles window (snap). I also went into my computer, all programs, and clicked on "profiles" but that was the manual I think and not in english. Could someone tell me how to get to it. Thanks. ~Rose

Attachments

• Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Snap.jpg
    Snap.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
Thank you for responding and thank you for the recommendation page. I be;ieve I have been following the steps and do everything on the list. My clone cd is not working now. I've just tried again to copy a disk. I am using any dvd also. Updated to the latest version and all firmware is updated.
It took 53 min. to read and write a 90 min movie which was 3.97GB. I use Verbatim 16x +R's and TY +R's. Even though its a small movie I used a DL Verbatim because that is what I got clone cd for--to copy entire movies.

I tried playing it back on WinDvd5 and got the MGM logo for a second, then it was all black and didn't play any further. Yesterday it did the same thing on a movie I tried to copy using DL. I burned the movie "departed" a couple weeks ago and just watched it last night and towards the middle and end of the movie it kept jerking and freezing. I burn at half speed--16x at 8x or 2.4 to 4x with DL. My burners are fairly new. Samsung SH-S182D (SB06) and just bought the BenQ DW1655 (BCDB). Any ideas what could be wrong? What other information can I post. Thanks. ~Rose

It took 53 min. to read and write a 90 min movie which was 3.97GB.

Oh, sorry. If the source disc is under 4.7GB, then chances are it's a single layer disc. Consequently, you can probably use your Verbatim and TY 16x blank media.

I tried playing it back on WinDvd5 and got the MGM logo for a second, then it was all black and didn't play any further. Yesterday it did the same thing on a movie I tried to copy using DL. I burned the movie "departed" a couple weeks ago and just watched it last night and towards the middle and end of the movie it kept jerking and freezing. I burn at half speed--16x at 8x or 2.4 to 4x with DL. My burners are fairly new. Samsung SH-S182D (SB06) and just bought the BenQ DW1655 (BCDB). Any ideas what could be wrong? What other information can I post. Thanks. ~Rose

The jerking and freezing around the middle of the disc is likely your optical drives getting hung up around the layer break position. The end of the disc too, may represent poor burn quality. Burn quality errors do tend to increase right around the layer break position and towards the end of discs. So a possibility may exist that your burners are not burning this blank media well. The capacity to burn DL media well is often one of the first things to go when burners begin to fail.

1. I would recommend updating your burners' firmware if available.

2. Also, if the source disc is single layer, then use single layer blank media.

3. MKM 001 (Verbatim +R DL) 2.4x-6x rated blank media burns well at 4x.

4. Ensure you change the booktype to "dvd-rom".

5. Test your discs in a standalone dvd player. If they play fine, then the issue could be with windvd 5 or your drives, for whatever reason, don't like the excellent blank media you're using.

Verbatim +R DL made in Singapore is pretty much the only reliable +R DL media I've come across.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just checked the blank DL disks with disk identifier and they are MKM 001 and states burn speed as 2.4x. The sleeve the disks came with states 2.4x but will burn up to 6x with high speed drives.

I will try again with DL when I get a bigger movie to burn and try a different burner. I usually just use CloneDvd for single layer movies and it works fine for me. This just started with CloneCd and the coasters were over 4.7 gig movies. I haven't used it all that much but the ones I did do in the past with DL were fine.

All my firmwares and updates are current. Booktype is dvd-rom. Its puzzling when you think you've done everything necessary and cannot find the problem. Don't like wasting DL's either. I was just doing a test, I don't usually use DL for under 4.7 gig movies. I will do as you suggest and test again with a bigger movie and DL disks and a different burner and see how it goes. Thanks again for your help. ~Rose

Ok, then I recommend a 4x burn speed (in addition to always ensuring the booktype is set to dvd-rom) and updating your burner's firmware if one is available. Here's a firmware check tool for your Benq drive: http://www.benq.us/support/download...45.38.159/dvd%2drw%2ffirmware%2ffwcheck%2ezip

The other possibility is your player/optical drives simply don't like Verbatim +R DL blank media made in Singapore (which would be a shame, considering it's probably the most highly regarded and consistent +R DL blank media). Try the discs in a standalone dvd player to see if you still experience the same issue.

Again, if the source is a single layer disc, then use single layer blank media instead.

With Clonecd, the size of the blank media should always equal the size of the source.

Also do steps 3 and 4 from here please: http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I haven't used it all that much but the ones I did do in the past with DL were fine.

The jerking and freezing around the middle of the disc is likely your optical drives getting hung up around the layer break position. The end of the disc too, may represent poor burn quality. Burn quality errors do tend to increase right around the layer break position and towards the end of discs. So a possibility may exist that your burners are not burning this blank media well. The capacity to burn DL media well is often one of the first things to go when burners begin to fail.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, either the burns were bad or your optical drives are beginning to fail.

Last edited:
tivertonrose wrote ... Hi,
I've been searching for an hour looking for the profiles menu. I uninstalled clone cd and reinstalled it thinking it was missing. I read in another post to right click on the dvd drive in clone cd and you would see, new, edit, copy, rename and delete. I had a dvd in the drive. <snip>

Uh, I am laughing here ... the very last sentence .. a "DVD" in the Drive? You need to have a CD in the drive to use CDClone. <smile>

Uh, I am laughing here ... the very last sentence .. a "DVD" in the Drive? You need to have a CD in the drive to use CDClone. <smile>

And why are you laughing? You are mistaken. Clonecd works fine with dvds.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just checked the blank DL disks with disk identifier and they are MKM 001 and states burn speed as 2.4x. The sleeve the disks came with states 2.4x but will burn up to 6x with high speed drives.

I will try again with DL when I get a bigger movie to burn and try a different burner. I usually just use CloneDvd for single layer movies and it works fine for me. This just started with CloneCd and the coasters were over 4.7 gig movies. I haven't used it all that much but the ones I did do in the past with DL were fine.

All my firmwares and updates are current. Booktype is dvd-rom. Its puzzling when you think you've done everything necessary and cannot find the problem. Don't like wasting DL's either. I was just doing a test, I don't usually use DL for under 4.7 gig movies. I will do as you suggest and test again with a bigger movie and DL disks and a different burner and see how it goes. Thanks again for your help. ~Rose

Do you have QSuite installed / Using it for your DW1655 ?

Open Advanced Windows Care > Tools > Start-Up Manager
( it's free )

You will be presented with a listing of the Programs
- designated to Start-Up with Windows
- and Descriptions of Each ( Click on Listing )

Do you show a Listing for "CloneCD systray" .... or something like that ?
How about "Nero Filter check" .... ?

These Items should be Deleted - from the Start-Up

Any other DVD/CD related Programs - Listed in the Start-Up ?
Windows Media Player .. something ?

Delete anything - Not Trustworthy
Delete anything - Not Necessary or Preferred
( you may right click on an Start-Up item > Select Disable - If you prefer )
>> Apply
> Reboot

.... Let's check something .....

Go to > Start > My Computer
> Right Click on DVD drive > Properties > Auto-Play tab

What do you have selected for the "Action to Preform" for 'DVD Movie" ?
This should be set as "Take no action"
OR
Set only for your DVD Player ( WinDVD/PowerDVD )
- be sure to close your 'Player' before opening Any DVD Software

In the Drive properties > AutoPlay
What do you have Selected for "Blank CD"
This should be at "Take No Action"

Do you have a Recording Tab ?
Try UnChecking= "Enable CD recording for this Drive"

Re Check Both Drives

@ Trooper
CloneCD works awesome for 1:1 Copies of DVDs

:)

Hi,
Here are the filters -- foreign to me :)
---------
Filter Check Tool v3.4
An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k
Filterdriver properties are:

An Upper Filter found is: pwd_2k

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyCDFL
Name: ElbyCDFL
Caption: ElbyCDFL
Description: ElbyCDFL
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyCDFL
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
Version Info: 5.2.1.3
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.5
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: AFS2K
Name: AFS2K
Caption: AFS2k
Description: AFS2k
DisplayName: AFS2k
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys
Version Info: 3.1.21.0
StartMode: System
StartName:
TagId: 1

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp
Name: Cdr4_xp
Caption: Cdr4_xp
Description: Cdr4_xp
DisplayName: Cdr4_xp
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
Version Info: 7.1.0.220
StartName:
TagId: 6

Hi Shannon,

Yes, I have Qsuite for the benQ. I shut off the speed write option, then turned it back on, then turned it off again. Didn't know if that was doing something nasty or not.

Blanks and movies selected as "take no action". I'm going to go download the windows tool you posted now and see what is there. I think its the benQ drive though. I just bought this drive and used it in clone cd for the first couple times. Thank you.

~Rose

Hi Trooper,

Thats ok, I thought the same thing for a long time. Didn't know the difference between clone's and never considered buying cloneCd because thought it was just for cd's. Think a name change may be in order :agree:~Rose

Hi,
That Windows care tool is pretty neat. I only had 3 things in start up. My anti virus, anti spyware and cloneCd systray. I disabled the systray. Will CloneCd stick that in there every time I use it? Thanks. ~Rose

An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6.

This filter may cause problems, but it's unlikely.

An Upper Filter found is: pwd_2k

BAD BAD BAD

Used by Adaptec Direct CD.

Do not use packet writing software. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead. Packet writing software tends to cause problems and is less stable than dvd-ram.

This filter needs to go.

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6, DragtoDisc and DirectCD

Very bad as well, as both Directcd and Dragtodisc are examples of packet writing software. This filter needs to go

Uninstall whatever software installed pwd_2k and cdr4_xp. Then reboot, and ensure those two filters are no longer listed in your registry.

I can uninstall Roxio, but I have no idea what put "pwd_2k" in there. I don't use drag and drop for anything. Thanks for the info. I'll try and find out. ~Rose

I can uninstall Roxio, but I have no idea what put "pwd_2k" in there. I don't use drag and drop for anything. Thanks for the info. I'll try and find out. ~Rose

You don't need to uninstall all of Roxio, just directcd or dragtodisc. But pwd_2k does need to go, and Roxio's packet writing software is known to install the entry.

Last edited:
It's best that you uninstall directcd/dragtodisc using its respective uninstall program instead of doing the following. But if you can't get rid of the filters, I mentioned this is what you do (keep in mind doing this will render the programs that originally installed those entries useless, and in some severe cases, may even make your system unstable):

1. Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)

2. Run imgburn. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

3. Select pwd_2k. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".

4. Select Cdr4_xp. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Reboot

5. Run imgburn again. Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Click "Clipboard". Then paste the information you pasted into your clipboard into your next post in this thread (ctrl-v).

I also strongly recommend doing this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1455402&postcount=3

Last edited:
Well, Roxio gave me a fit, so I uninstalled the whole thing and a bunch of other things I had on my computer that I never used. If I need Roxio for anything again, I have the disk, but rarely use it. Here are the filters now. Hope all the bad stuff is gone.
----------
Filter Check Tool v3.4
No Upper Filters found.
A Lower Filter found is: ElbyCDFL
Name: ElbyCDFL
Caption: ElbyCDFL
Description: ElbyCDFL
DisplayName: ElbyCDFL
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
Version Info: 5.2.1.3
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.5
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: AFS2K
Name: AFS2K
Caption: AFS2k
Description: AFS2k
DisplayName: AFS2k
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys
Version Info: 3.1.21.0
StartName:
TagId: 1

oh my--busmaster drivers:confused:---I thought I was all fixed. I do have 2 ide burners and a plextor 760A that is in an external case. Can you just tell me why I would do this? Just two sentence's or less is ok. I'm going to look that over tomorrow and see if I can figure that one out. Thank you for all your help--much appreciated. ~Rose

Back