• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Red 2

Joining in the the conversation. Using 7.3.7.0 and took out first 2 titles and got very bad compression rate 17%. at 51% will see how it looks later. Thinking I should do the same later and use a DVD9 and get better compression and should not be over the 4.37 gig needed

used 7.3.7.0 and took first two titles out and successful read to hdd and will burn now. My copy is not blue ray but the reader I used will read blue ray. If this helps, try it out. I did get this from someone else here on the forum. Thanks whoever it was. I tried other ways taking the title out but did not get the right ones. LOL

joining in the the conversation. Using 7.3.7.0 and took out first 2 titles and got very bad compression rate 17%. At 51% will see how it looks later. Thinking i should do the same later and use a dvd9 and get better compression and should not be over the 4.37 gig needed

please use anydvd 7.3.7.4

RED2 problem ripping

Hi guys..

I tried ripping directly RED2 to the hard drive, it started fine but at 35% into it, I got this error message

File IO 3 vts_19_1.VOB 20154368 389120

It appears it cannot read this particular section of the movie, I don't know why, the disc is brand new, not a single
speck of dirt on it, I tried it in another computer with the same result. I am using AnyDvd version 7.3.7.0 which is
the latest version I downloaded when I was notified by email there was a new version available.
I don't have any problems ripping other new movies to the hard drive, only this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Hi guys..

I tried ripping directly RED2 to the hard drive, it started fine but at 35% into it, I got this error message

File IO 3 vts_19_1.VOB 20154368 389120

It appears it cannot read this particular section of the movie, I don't know why, the disc is brand new, not a single
speck of dirt on it, I tried it in another computer with the same result. I am using AnyDvd version 7.3.7.0 which is
the latest version I downloaded when I was notified by email there was a new version available.
I don't have any problems ripping other new movies to the hard drive, only this one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

The post right above yours says to use beta version 7.3.7.4 to do this movie correctly. If you use that and you still receive a File IO3 error, it is most likely a bad disc, but you would need to post an AnyDVD log to verify. Beta versions are always the first Sticky located in their respective sections in the forum.

Last edited:
RED2 problem ripping

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I saw that, but that's not an officially released version. If I decide to use it, where do I get it, under what heading is it located here ?.

under the sticky that specifically sais "Anydvd (HD) 7.3.7.4 beta" :p it's not really a choice "if u decide to get that". If u want anydvd to work on Red 2, then you NEED to get it. No way arround it, or u can wait for a new release but there's no way of knowing when they will release the next one.

Has anyone else who rips to MP4 gotten this to work without using CloneDVD yet? Still stopping at 1% for me.

Have you read this thread? Which version of anydvd are you using? Where is your logfile?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Which version of anydvd are you using? Where is your logfile?

And...AnyDVD doesn't convert to mp4, neither does CloneDVD, so what program are you using and how are you doing it? Trying to convert straight from disc or ripping to hard drive first?

Sorry...

I was commenting earlier in the thread.

AnyDVD using the latest beta and using Handbrake to convert from the DVD straight to MP4 for use on a Roku / Apple TV.

Sorry...

I was commenting earlier in the thread.

AnyDVD using the latest beta and using Handbrake to convert from the DVD straight to MP4 for use on a Roku / Apple TV.

As has been said before, try ripping to harddisk with AnyDVD 7.3.7.4 beta and have Handbrake open that folder.

Last edited:
under the sticky that specifically sais "Anydvd (HD) 7.3.7.4 beta" :p it's not really a choice "if u decide to get that". If u want anydvd to work on Red 2, then you NEED to get it. No way arround it, or u can wait for a new release but there's no way of knowing when they will release the next one.

I already tried v 7.3.7.4 and was able to rip the movie fine, thanks to everyone who helped.

Successful RIP of RED2

I already tried v 7.3.7.4 and was able to rip the movie fine, thanks to everyone who helped.

Weird. I used 7.3.7.4, did AnyDVD rip to .ISO, also rip to disk, CloneDVD (CloneDVD option) and no matter what I do it will not burn to a DVD and play correctly. :/ It is a regular DVD playing in a Blu-Ray player. Wonder if that makes a difference. Hasn't in the past.

In Clone dvd 2, this movie shows 4 titles. Remove the first two titles and all is well. The problem comes when you do movie only, otherwise this will get you movie and previews with no problems.

Sorry James, my brother hasn't brought my original disc back, but I was able to use 7371 a few weeks ago to make my full disc copy. I used Clone dvd and had no trouble with playback. The only issue I ever had was with movie only. I've posted the results each week. As I stated, there are four titles in Red 2, and if the first two are removed, you can make a full back-up using clone dvd. As soon as I get my disc back, I'll post a logfile.

Sorry James, my brother hasn't brought my original disc back, but I was able to use 7371 a few weeks ago to make my full disc copy. I used Clone dvd and had no trouble with playback. The only issue I ever had was with movie only. I've posted the results each week. As I stated, there are four titles in Red 2, and if the first two are removed, you can make a full back-up using clone dvd. As soon as I get my disc back, I'll post a logfile.

It should be very different with 7.3.7.4. Previous versions don't work correctly with this disc.

Having similar issues as others with Red 2

I can rip to hard drive the Red 2 DVD with any dvd without any apparent issue but when I attempt to transcode the DVD folder with Handbreak, the process executes for a couple of seconds and then quits.

I am using AnyDVD 7.3.8.0 registered and the DVD is Red 2 US.
I have attached the AnyDVD log as well as the handbreak scan and encode logs for the copied folder in case they are helpful.

View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.8.0_Info_D_RED_2.ziplog
View attachment logs.zip

Movies encoded after the Red 2 attempt have worked without issue.

I can rip to hard drive the Red 2 DVD with any dvd without any apparent issue but when I attempt to transcode the DVD folder with Handbreak, the process executes for a couple of seconds and then quits.

I am using AnyDVD 7.3.8.0 registered and the DVD is Red 2 US.
I have attached the AnyDVD log as well as the handbreak scan and encode logs for the copied folder in case they are helpful.

View attachment 23757
View attachment 23758

Movies encoded after the Red 2 attempt have worked without issue.

You should contact the creators of Handbrake and tell them about this issue.

Back