• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Studios dragged into DVD format war

Charlie

This story was too good not to share. :clap:

"....A spokeswoman confirmed today that the movie studios have been asked to supply information about any restrictions they have agreed to. The commission appears to be particularly interested in the Blu-ray format......"

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2117560,00.html

While this thread probably does belong in the General section where you posted it, I suspect more people in the Anydvd HD forum will be interested, so I'll move the thread there.

Last edited:
This story was too good not to share. :clap:

"....A spokeswoman confirmed today that the movie studios have been asked to supply information about any restrictions they have agreed to. The commission appears to be particularly interested in the Blu-ray format......"

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2117560,00.html

Just what I've been advocating, antitrust action against the Blu-ray movie studios. I wish the US government would take its blinders off and investigate this as well. Come on Microsoft, get on the bandwagon, it's in your best interest.

While this thread, probably does belong in the General section where you posted it, I suspect more people in the Anydvd HD forum will be interested, so I'll move the thread there.

Thanks webslinger. I am in hopes that HD-DVD will win now too.

Very interesting Charlie thanks for posting it and thanks for moving it here Webslinger.

Unfortunately, “competition” is something of a dying concept in the USA. The HD DVD / Blu-ray conflict isn’t really a competition because the long term goal is to eradicate the competition and acquire monopoly control.

IMO everything should be done to prevent the dominance of one over the other in order to prevent monopoly control and rather force an oligopoly (a market situation in which each of a few producers affects but does not control the market).

I’m sure it’s a very unpopular view but I strongly believe that equilibrium should be forced.

Back