• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Copy Protection on Adult DVD title

A

avengerco95

I was trying to copy a new 2007 Adult DVD movie called "Horny Black Mothers & Daughters". It is made by a company called "Evasive Angles". I have tried to copy this disc repeatedly with 3 different versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, and using two different computers. Each time, the copy process gets to 15% then stops and gives me the error popup message "ConeDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close...." then shuts down CloneDVD.

I was originally using the newest software versions: AnyDVD v6.1.6.5 + CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.9. I then reverted back to an older version: AnyDVD 6.1.6.1 + CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.4. I then tried my other computer with versions: AnyDVD v6.1.0.0 + CloneDVD v2.9.0.3.

I also tried 3 different DVD readers/writers including internal and external, one of which is a top of the line LG that is nearly brand new.

Since I know it is not the DVD drives, computer or software, I can only assume that the new dvd title has a copy protection that AnyDVD has yet to crack.

Please tell me what I need to submit so that this can be looked into.

Thank you in advance for your help.

-Sean

i'd be surprised if it is a new protection otherwise the disc wouldnt have started to copy in the first place.
the company that made the sex movie is hardly going to go to the trouble of putting a brand new protection on such a disc-i mean,it's hardly a blockbuster movie is it?
it maybe a problem with the dvd you bought.
you need to submit the information that anydvd shows after it has analysed the disc.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike.

I think this is the info you need:

-----------------------------------------

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.1)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E10L LE07 # 010119071169R13254
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2018736 sectors (3942 MBytes)
Total size: 3943630 sectors (7702 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HORNY_BLACK_MOTHERS_DAUGHTERS
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

-----------------------------------------

Actually, if I am reading this right then it shows no copy protection present. Strange!

The disc looks almost brand new and has very few scratches on it. Usually if I try to burn a disc that is scratched I get a different popup error message that allows me to clean the disc and continue reading.

Why would I be getting an error that actually shuts down CloneDVD?

I also just tried making an iso file of the movie with Alcohol then mounting it on Alcohol's virtual drive and having CloneDVD read it from there. Same problem.

The disc plays on my home dvd player, and alcohol was even able to make an iso out of it. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks in advance.

-Sean

Does the disc play with anydvd disabled. I mean plays it through?

1. Does the bottom of the disc look silver?

2. Use Anydvd 6.1.6.5 (older versions have bugs)

3. Do this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330

4. Try cleaning your disc. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine

Last edited:
2. Use Anydvd 6.1.6.5 (older versions have bugs)
/OT Nothing is bug free. But updating is always recommended of course.:bowdown: /OT

I tried using cloneDVD without AnyDVD as well, but still no luck.

Yes, the bottom of the disc is silver. I was using v6.1.6.5 at first, but since I had problems I tried some earlier versions as well (hense 6.1.6.1 shows on my post).

I am running nero cd-dvd speed right now. I will post the results as soon as it is done.

Thanks.

-Sean

After the scan disc is done, I will post the results.

I will also revert back to 6.1.6.5, and post the results of AnyDVD after scanning as well to see if they differ.

Give me a few minutes to do this and I will have the results posted soon.

Thanks.

-Sean

Please follow these instructions (originally written by Olli):

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2) Click this if you're using Windows XP
3.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
4.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
5.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don't forget it)
6.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
7.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
8.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
9.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and email it.

10.) Also upload the zip file to the forums:
a) when you reply or post a new thread, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

b) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
c) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
d) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
e) click "upload"

Sorry for the late response, but the scan disc was running at 1.15X. However, it came back with 100% Good Surface scan, meaning the disc should be ok.

Let me re-install 6.1.6.5 and I will give you the results for that as well.

-Sean

Please follow these instructions (originally written by Olli):

1.) DISABLE AnyDVD (little fox on the taskbar should be grey).
2) Click this if you're using Windows XP
3.) Navigate to the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
4.) Copy all files ending with .IFO to your harddisk. ONLY those with .IFO, not the big .VOB files!
5.) ENABLE AnyDVD again (just in case, so you don't forget it)
6.) ZIP the .IFO files to one file. Name it with a cool filename (e.g., Little_Black_Book_UK.zip)
7.) Write a an email to support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @). Name your problem, try to identify the disc (e.g, Little Black Book, R2, UK), the UPC number if possible (below the barcode on the package). The information output of AnyDVD can be helpful as well.
8.) They like if you include the AnyDVD version and your AnyDVD serial number in this mail. You find this information in the Settings Window -> About.
9.) Attach ZIP file with the IFOs and email it.

10.) Also upload the zip file to the forums:
a) when you reply or post a new thread, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

b) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
c) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
d) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
e) click "upload"

I re-installed AnyDVD v6.1.65 and CloneDVD2 v2.9.0.9. Here are AnyDVD results after scanning the disc:

---------------------------------------

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E10L LE07 # 010119071169R13254
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2018736 sectors (3942 MBytes)
Total size: 3943630 sectors (7702 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: HORNY_BLACK_MOTHERS_DAUGHTERS
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

----------------------------------------------

Still looks like it shows no protection. Strange.

-Sean

webslinger....

give me a minute and I will get you the ifo files as well.

-Sean

webslinger-

Attached are the Original IFO files from the DVD.

-Sean

Attachments

• Original_IFO_Files.zip
    86.5 KB · Views: 12
Thank you.

1. Click this

Do what it says to do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

3. Please provide the full error message Clonedvd gives you (if any) when it crashes.

I found the "lower filters" but could not locate the "upper filters" at least not at the registry key you specified.

Name: LowerFilters
Type: REG_MULTI_SZ
Data: AnyDVD ElbyDelay

Would the upper filters be listed under a differnt class folder?

Yes, I do use Windows XP Pro SP2.

-Sean

I ran filter check and got the following report:

-----------------------

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False