• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-R bitsetting.

steve1942

Sometime ago, I would record a backup on a DVD-R. When checking completed copy with Anydvd, the newly created DVD would show as a DVD+R ( not a -R). Now the completed movie when inserted shows as a -R (which I know is the normal situation). This change occured when I started buning on a Benq DW1650 instead of a Benq DW1620. The 1650 handles -R media differently than does the 1620. Has anyone ever seen a DVD-R convert to a DVD+R when using Anydvd to test the results with. I'd like to know if this change occured due to upgrades in Anydvd, the change of burners,what!..If no one else has seen this anomaly it's understood. If someone else has, please let me know. I feel as though this is so odd sounding that the situation will be seen as plain nutty. I've copied for 5 years, have used Anydvd for the entire time. Don't ever experience problems. This, though, is driving me crazy. :doh:

Conversion does not, can not happen. Completely different formats.

Additionally, Anydvd has nothing to do with bitsetting, and it's impossible to change booktype for dvd-r blank media.

Additionally, Anydvd has nothing to do with bitsetting, and it's impossible to change booktype for dvd-r blank media.

This, I know. That is why I ask the question. I realize only +R discs can be reformatted. When I first saw the +R as completed bookset, I thought it was just the way Anydvd indicated a completed disc, not that it had really been re-bookset. Now, however, I get the correct -R indication, so it wasn't a matter of Slysoft simplifying information of a copied disc. Think I'll go back and try the 1620 to burn a DVD-R to see what happens. I'm certainly not going to argue a point with someone I agree with. Just wanted to know if anyone out there ever experienced this besides me.

Just wanted to know if anyone out there ever experienced this besides me.

I never have. Use Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden (8x) Premium, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast quality blank media. Avoid Memorex, regular Maxell (not made in Japan), Fuji, TDK from Costco, Ritek, Princo, etc.

Last edited:
Back