• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Foxy Brown 2001 MGM - feature not working

r_grayhat

I just made a backup of 'Children of Men', but I've tried 'Foxy Brown' twice and it won't work. When I insert the disc, it plays the title menu, but then it plays a black screen. The DVD says it came out in 2001.

Here is the original disc info:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HP DVD WRITER 640B E193 05/03/15KRLF20538B
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1795527 sectors (3506 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FOXY_BR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 1 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

HERE is the Copied DVD info (that doesn't play):

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HP DVD WRITER 640B E193 05/03/15KRLF20538B
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1795792 sectors (3507 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FOXY_BR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I am using AnyDVD 6.1.6.0 with 1ClickDVDCopy 4.2.9.1

Last edited:
1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.5

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

1. Update to Anydvd 6.1.6.5

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click the "default" button. Click "ok".

Are you assuming how to fix it, because I don't want to waste another blank disc for this movie if you are wrong.

Anyway, this is ridiculous of me to update again, because I just updated last week. I'm guessing AnyDVD didn't update to include MGM discs from 2001!

Are you assuming how to fix it, because I don't want to waste another blank disc for this movie if you are wrong.

Anyway, this is ridiculous of me to update again, because I just updated last week. I'm guessing AnyDVD didn't update to include MGM discs from 2001!

Follow Webslinger's advice.

Who said anything about wasting another disc? Rip the DVD to your HDD and see if the problem still exists. I always rip to my HDD and check things out before burning.

As for updating, updated versions of programs are done for a reason. Updates fix bugs and add to the usefulness of a program. If your current version isn't working why won't you update? More often than not updating AnyDVD doesn't even require a reboot. It's a simple process. I'm not trying to be a wiseass, either.

Do as Webslinger asked and if the problem doesn't go away then post back and it can be looked into further. :)

Anyway, this is ridiculous of me to update again, because I just updated last week.

:rolleyes:

Well, then I'm sure you can figure your issue out without my further advice. 6.1.6.0 had at least one bug in it. People should always be using the latest official releases of Anydvd (at the very least).

Last edited:
r_grayhat,
Is this "Foxy Brown 2001 MGM feature" a game or DVD-ROM feature other than video title? CloneDVD only copies video titlesets and ignores other stuff on the original.

If you want to copy the whole original disk, including non video "features" then you have to use Slysoft's CloneCD to make a 1:1 exact copy of the original. Be aware that if the original is a double layer original, you will need DL backup disk media (buy Verbatim brand DL +R media only and bitset it to DVD-ROM ... CloneCD does not compress.

Whisperer

Last edited:
r_grayhat,
Is this "Foxy Brown 2001 MGM feature" a game or DVD-ROM feature other than video title?

I think it's this:
http://www.amazon.com/Foxy-Brown-Pam-Grier/dp/B000053VBA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-7842280-4982548

Edit: Also, he's using 1ClickDVDCopy 4.2.9.1 and not Clonedvd

So really, he should do what shannon90210 says here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=26050&postcount=4
(in addition to updating Anydvd; clicking the "default" and "ok" buttons in Anydvd, using good quality blank media like Verbatim, TY Premium, or Maxell Plus/Broadcast Quality;and possibly updating 1-Click as well).

But, hey, what do I know?

Last edited:
Ok, sorry. He wrote "feature not working" in the title of his thread and I have not heard the word "feature" used to describe a movie since the days when I went to black and white movies in the theater! :D Also didn't notice he was using 1Click. :doh: So my answer is way off base on two counts. Please don't have me sin binned ... I don't like associating with the kind of people one meets in a penalty box! :disagree:

Last edited:
Please don't have me sin binned ... I don't like associating with the kind of people one meets in a penalty box! :disagree:

Nah, I'll just swing by and take away your Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore (just to, uh, keep it safe . . . yeah) and force you to use Memorex and Princo branded blank media instead. :D

Also, don't apologize when you're just trying to help. No apologies are needed. We all make mistakes when reading stuff too quickly (and I'm one of the worst offenders).

Last edited:
Back