• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HELP! anyone else having issues?

djvinevibez

yes i cannot back up shooter, dead silence, and black snake moan...i have been having trouble since the update 6.1.6.5 came out.. anydvd will decode the movie and dvdshrink will shrink it.. but after its done being copied to my harddrive it wont burn to a disc its get to about 70-90% burned then it quits and says burn error.. i always used Nero to burn, but i also have NTI on my computer and it does the same thing with both programs... also thease movies copied fine using my Macbook

heres details on "shooter" disc

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15RA 1.04 05/03/01PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1988624 sectors (3884 MBytes)
Total size: 3954965 sectors (7724 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHOOTER_AC_169
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

yes i cannot back up shooter, dead silence, and black snake moan...i have been having trouble since the update 6.1.6.5 came out.. anydvd will decode the movie and dvdshrink will shrink it.. but after its done being copied to my harddrive it wont burn to a disc its get to about 70-90% burned then it quits and says burn error.. i always used Nero to burn, but i also have NTI on my computer and it does the same thing with both programs... also thease movies copied fine using my Macbook

heres details on "shooter" disc

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K15RA 1.04 05/03/01PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1988624 sectors (3884 MBytes)
Total size: 3954965 sectors (7724 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHOOTER_AC_169
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I have used DVDShrink quite a bit and to burn a dvd i install DVD Decrypter, it makes a little entry for when your choose to make a backup and lets you select Burn with DVD Decrypter, i have found it the best for backing up disks, also you might wanna try lowering the speed of your burns, dont know what speed your at but i do mine at 8x i could do 16x but i find mine fail if i do them at that speed, are you doing anything else at the same time? i.e listening to music? copying files from one location to another?

Granted DVDShrink is a good program. However, CloneDVD2 is a great program. Your problems could be anything from multitasking (not advised when burning) to software/hardware conflicts. I use AnyDVD 6.1.6.5. and have backed up everything you listed successfully. Simple soultion is to purchase CloneDVD2 today...end of problems:D

:bowdown:WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!:agree:

I'd say it's probable that you simply got a bad disc. Exchange it for a new copy and see it your problem goes away.

hey boys..

so clone is similar to dvdshrink? i wanna get a DL burner but not sure if clone will work with that.. will it?

I'd say it's probable that you simply got a bad disc. Exchange it for a new copy and see it your problem goes away.

He managed to Shrink it. Burning is the problem.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd. Since the video compressed without issue (shrink loaded the disc fine and compressed), your problem lies elsewhere.

1) So, what blank media are you using?

What blank media are you using? Specify a) brand name b)type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, etc.) c)media code, d) capacity/size, e) batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and f)country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).

If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

2) At what speed are you burning your blank media?

3) Is a firmware update available for your burner?

4) Do steps 3 and 4 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

As this issue doesn't have anything to do with Anydvd, I'll move this thread to appropriate forum.

Last edited:
AnyDVD & Shrink, as well as several other burning programs, will do those movies so it appears you have other problems. Follow the advice in the previous posts.

He managed to Shrink it. Burning is the problem.

I don't recall posting to this thread but I did another... I thought...

Anyway, yes, it would appear I misread the original post but I could swear the initial post I replied to didn't specify where the problem happened. Ah well, most likely I was just brain dead when I replied, anyway.

Yeah, definitely not related to AnyDVD.

Getting Director Comments when backing up Shooter & Ghost Rider

I am getting the directors comments when backing up Shooter and Ghost rider. Changing the setting doesn't help, and when trying to clone movie only.

I have AnyDVD 6165 and Clone 2909. Even went back and used my old version of DVD Shrink. Backed up some other movies just fine.

I am getting the directors comments when backing up Shooter and Ghost rider. Changing the setting doesn't help, and when trying to clone movie only.

I have AnyDVD 6165 and Clone 2909. Even went back and used my old version of DVD Shrink. Backed up some other movies just fine.

Essentially, you are selecting the wrong audio to backup with these programs.

Visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5033

Hello DJ,

I used Nero 7 to burn these movies you mention. There are a number of factors that can cause a bad burn.
Your DVD media
Burner
Conflicts with the program you are using

Sometimes software acts up when there is another similar program that it doesn't get along with. I have experienced this myself. That is one of the reasons why I have two towers (Experiments).

Anyway, I recommend trying these on another computer if you have this as an option. I use the same method as you do.

AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter rips to HDD (Decrypter creates the directories automatically . . . Nice!)
I use Nero 7 Recode to burn. I strip the unneccesary audio tracks from the Main Movie
I burn to either TDK or Verbatim. My success rate with these two brands are about 99%. Professional Grade.
I use the 16X Emprex DL burners. Inexpensive, yet they out lasted my HP LiteScribes. Those HP's took a shit months ago, and my $30 Emprex's are still kickin!
I always use the Nero Scan Disc to check for Data errors before I store the disc. If I see any red or Yellow . . . in the trash, and burn again.

Try on another computer. A misconfigured computer, whether hardware or software will cause errors.

I use to have the same problem. If it's software related, I would pull my hair out. A second tower dedicated solely for DVD's is the way to Serenity.

Use Re-Writes for now untill you find your problem that is causing the errors. This way you can re-record if you get an error.

Good Night and Good Luck

Hello DJ,

I used Nero 7 to burn these movies you mention. There are a number of factors that can cause a bad burn.
Your DVD media
Burner
Conflicts with the program you are using

Sometimes software acts up when there is another similar program that it doesn't get along with. I have experienced this myself. That is one of the reasons why I have two towers (Experiments).

Anyway, I recommend trying these on another computer if you have this as an option. I use the same method as you do.

AnyDVD with DVD Decrypter rips to HDD (Decrypter creates the directories automatically . . . Nice!)
I use Nero 7 Recode to burn. I strip the unneccesary audio tracks from the Main Movie
I burn to either TDK or Verbatim. My success rate with these two brands are about 99%. Professional Grade.
I use the 16X Emprex DL burners. Inexpensive, yet they out lasted my HP LiteScribes. Those HP's took a shit months ago, and my $30 Emprex's are still kickin!
I always use the Nero Scan Disc to check for Data errors before I store the disc. If I see any red or Yellow . . . in the trash, and burn again.

Try on another computer. A misconfigured computer, whether hardware or software will cause errors.

I use to have the same problem. If it's software related, I would pull my hair out. A second tower dedicated solely for DVD's is the way to Serenity.

Use Re-Writes for now untill you find your problem that is causing the errors. This way you can re-record if you get an error.

Good Night and Good Luck

I have an HP Lightscribe drive. How long did you have it before it gave out?

I have an HP Lightscribe drive. How long did you have it before it gave out?

It wasn't long. I think around four to five months. I was pretty disappointed with them. (Models hp dvd630 and hp dvd640)They were in two different towers, and went out around the same time. Since then, I refuse to buy another one. Sony was a disappointment around 2 1/2 years ago, so I am still skeptical on buying another one of them as well.

I would like to buy a Plextor, but they are so pricey, and the Emprex's have not let me down; Going on 2 years strong for both, and they both have put out over 1,000 burns, and that is no exaggeration.
I am sure they will give out someday, I just don't want to scrap them until they stop working altogether.

When I build my new tower with the Core2Quad, then I will use whatever SATA burner is available. The Memorex looks promising, but I will have to check the reviews.

Besides, I do not burn as much as I use to. I use Hard Disk Drives now. It is so much nicer to be able to load a movie from the Hard Drive, then burn it, check for write errors, print the label onto the disc, then wait for it to dry for about 12 or more hours before I can watch it.

What are you using that you have to wait 12 hours for the disc to dry before playing it? I use an Epson printer for my DVD's and they are dry in a matter of minutes.

CloneDVD2 vs. DVDShrink

Granted DVDShrink is a good program. However, CloneDVD2 is a great program. Your problems could be anything from multitasking (not advised when burning) to software/hardware conflicts. I use AnyDVD 6.1.6.5. and have backed up everything you listed successfully. Simple soultion is to purchase CloneDVD2 today...end of problems:D

:bowdown:WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!:agree:

Since we are in the 3rd party forum . . . .

Calling DVDShrink a "good" program and CloneDVD2 a "great" program is very much a matter of personal usage and opinion.

DVDShrink is a really terrific program with far greater re-authoring capabilities and a better transcoder than CloneDVD2. CloneDVD2, however, is much easier to use and can also burn your final backup dvd when ready.

I find that having both of them in my tool-box is great. But I find I use DVDShrink far more often than CloneDVD2 because of its powerful re-authoring and excellent transcoder in "deep analysis" mode.

I'll give you the better transcoding, but, reauthoring? Oh, right, like being able to select titlesets while retaining the menu....OOPS. Plain and simple.....Set CloneDVD to DVD+R DL mode to turn off the transcoding engine, unselect the titlesets you want to remove (while keeping the menu!), and output to a folder on the hard drive. Now use DVD Shrink to transcode. Flawless every time. :)

DVDShrink has FASR more powerful re-authoring over CloneDVD2

I'll give you the better transcoding, but, reauthoring? Oh, right, like being able to select titlesets while retaining the menu....OOPS. Plain and simple.....Set CloneDVD to DVD+R DL mode to turn off the transcoding engine, unselect the titlesets you want to remove (while keeping the menu!), and output to a folder on the hard drive. Now use DVD Shrink to transcode. Flawless every time. :)

Yep - the ONLY re-authoring item CloneDVD2 can perform that DVDShrink cannot is retaining full menus while deleting a title set (DVDShrink can only replace the titleset with an image of something) - so naturally you run to that particular item. In fact, it is the ONLY feature in CloneDVD2 that causes me to use it at all.

Let's see - in re-author mode . . . a few things CloneDVD2 can only dream about being able to accomplish:
. making the backup dvd default to the audio track and subtitles that I want (without having to sacrifice having multiple audio tracks or subtitles included). This is particularly important with forced subtitles or multiple subs where one of them only jumps in with foreign language scenes.
. playing the selected titles when I have chosen to not include menus in the sequence that I choose - not whatever sequence some Elby/Slysoft programmer chose.
. editing out specific frames from the beginning or ends of a title (not the whole chapter, which is all CloneDVD2 can do).
. setting compression levels for individual titles in the backup instead of compressing everything at the same rate - giving us the ability to retain top quality video for the main feature, and still include some extras at lower quality.
. the ability to make a compilation dvd - including individual titles from multiple folders/dvd's in your backup.

CloneDVD2 offers a very easy to use gui - and some re-authoring (including 1 capability not included in DVDShrink). But no one who has used these programs very much would argue that CloneDVD2 has superior re-authoring capabilities over DVDShrink. It's not even close.

Last edited:
Back