• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Question

Androo79

I researching upgrading my Desktop PC to be able to play HD-DVD movies. I am planning on getting the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive to hook up to my PC and I want to be able to play the movies from the PC on my HDTV.

Will AnyDVD HD require the use of an HDCP compliant video card? I want to be able to rip the movies to my harddrive and them use a DVI-I to HDMI cable to output the video. I am not totally sure if this is even possible. Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Will AnyDVD HD require the use of an HDCP compliant video card?

Since AnyDVD/HD will present decrypted content (by decrypting it in the background) to any HD-DVD player, there will be no requirement for HDCP - neither graphics card nor monitor, since this is only a binding requirement for encrypted material.

Sounds great. Cannot wait to add AnyDVD HD to my collection of great Slysoft products.

Please..Please..Please

AnyDVD folk PLEASE release an Alpha or Beta of AnyDVD/HD now. I was going to invest in an all new Video Card and Monitor JUST so I could watch HD-DVD's in all their glory. I have the output capabilities but my Video Card and Monitor are not HDCP compatible.

ATI X1600 Video
Acer 20" 1650*1050 Wide Screen
MS X-Box 360 HD-DVD
PowerDVD/HD
and a Big Box with lots of horsepower and memory.

I understand that there can be no support for an alpha or bata product but some of us registered users are getting very desprite.

Thanks

AnyDVD folk PLEASE release an Alpha or Beta of AnyDVD/HD now. I was going to invest in an all new Video Card and Monitor JUST so I could watch HD-DVD's in all their glory. I have the output capabilities but my Video Card and Monitor are not HDCP compatible.

ATI X1600 Video
Acer 20" 1650*1050 Wide Screen
MS X-Box 360 HD-DVD
PowerDVD/HD
and a Big Box with lots of horsepower and memory.

I understand that there can be no support for an alpha or bata product but some of us registered users are getting very desprite.

Thanks
I think the first stable is due out in a few weeks.

Since AnyDVD/HD will present decrypted content (by decrypting it in the background) to any HD-DVD player, there will be no requirement for HDCP - neither graphics card nor monitor, since this is only a binding requirement for encrypted material.

Hey sh-t, I guess it's finally time to rob a bank to get a:

http://plextor.com/english/products/px-b900a.html

Are you saying, that there is going to be a DIFFERENT product from the standard AnyDVD? If so, I don't think that will go over with anyone very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then with AnyDVD/HD, can I see the hd-dvd movies without a hdcp card?
Thanks.

Last edited:
sickboy88, it seems you will have to buy AnyHDDVD separately from AnyDVD. But there will be an upgrade path James says.

Hey sh-t, I guess it's finally time to rob a bank to get a:

http://plextor.com/english/products/px-b900a.html

Are you saying, that there is going to be a DIFFERENT product from the standard AnyDVD? If so, I don't think that will go over with anyone very well.

*sigh* If you robbed a bank to get a PX-B900A then you'd be a fool. AnyDVD-HD will only work for HD-DVD from what has been stated by Slysoft at this point. The Plextor PX-B900A is only a Blu-Ray burner.

It won't go over well being a new product? How so? I don't, yet, own a HD-DVD player [let alone burner] for my system. If they release a new update that handled DVDs and HD-DVDs I wouldn't want to pay an upgrade cost for this if I didn't need it or expect to use it. On the the other hand if they released AnyDVD-HD as a separate release and allowed existing owners of AnyDVD licenses to upgrade at a reduced price then I would agree with this.

There's no reason to make a person who uses AnyDVD [and for anytime in the near future plans on not dealing with HD-DVD] pay for it.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Last edited:
I understand it is the same just for newer encryptions.

James. What are the hardware requirements for AnyDVD HD? I am researching what I need to upgrade.

Currently I have a 2.4 Ghz Celeron. ATI 9600 SE. 512 RAM. I know this system sucks.

Option 1 - Upgrade Vid Card to x1600 and RAM and keep processor.

Option 2 - Upgrade to E6300 1.83 Ghz Core 2 Due. X1900 or X1950 Vid Card.

I would prefer to save the money but not having to get new MB, Processor, and RAM but I realize that I may need to do that to be able to play HD. Currently I cannot get my system to display the King Kong HD-DVD that I ripped to my HD or even from the HD-DVD. I think it might partly be a software issue.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Back