• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

bad media error

dburton1870

I have recently had the same problem.

The dvd will read completely, clonedvd says to load the blank media, it sets up, erases, and then just says writing . . .

It takes 5-10 minutes to decide that the media is bad. Unfortunately, when I put the disc back in, it won't then burn as Richard's do.

I followed many of the steps you gave Richard (my burner is internal, so didn't worry about wiring, nor did I post my filters), but to no avail.

However, I am positive that this started happening only after downloading clonedvd2.9.0.9. My question is if there is a link to an older version of clonedvd2, and may I have it. Otherwise, looks like I'll just be waiting until they update again, and try the updated program.

Thanks in advance.

(my burner is internal, so didn't worry about wiring, nor did I post my filters)

Wiring does matter if your burner is internal (perhaps even more so with ide cables).

9. I'm getting Writedvd 10 11 W2 errors. Why?

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden (8x) premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes". Stay far away from Memorex, Princo, Ritek, regular Maxell, Fuji, TDK from Costco etc. that are not made in Japan.
b) Click this and read FULLY (because the same advice applies)
c) Do you have Musicmatch Jukebox on your system? If so, click this
d) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio Directcd, Nero Incd, drag to disc, Sonic DLA, etc.)
e) Click this and read
f) Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information, and this step could be the most helpful in getting your situation resolved)

I am positive that this started happening only after downloading clonedvd2.9.0.9. My question is if there is a link to an older version of clonedvd2

And I'm convinced your issue has little to do with the latest version of Clonedvd.

Last edited:
I have recently had the same problem.

The dvd will read completely, clonedvd says to load the blank media, it sets up, erases, and then just says writing . . .

It takes 5-10 minutes to decide that the media is bad. Unfortunately, when I put the disc back in, it won't then burn as Richard's do.

I followed many of the steps you gave Richard (my burner is internal, so didn't worry about wiring, nor did I post my filters), but to no avail.

However, I am positive that this started happening only after downloading clonedvd2.9.0.9. My question is if there is a link to an older version of clonedvd2, and may I have it. Otherwise, looks like I'll just be waiting until they update again, and try the updated program.

Thanks in advance.

What brand of media are you using? Is your firmware up to date. Just buy some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim discs.:agree:

same problem

I am having the same problem, which has perfectly coincided with downloading version 2.9.0.9.

Does anyone have a link to an older version of clonedvd2? I would rather switch back to something that works.

I am having the same problem, which has perfectly coincided with downloading version 2.9.0.9.

Clonedvd 2.9.0.9 works perfectly fine.

It would be far better for you to provide information that was requested of your previously than reverting back to a version that has bugs.

Also, do not post about your issue in multiple threads please. 1 issue per thread . . . makes troubleshooting easier

sorry, didn't know exactly how the posting would pop up. Thanks for the steps, will go through them tomorrow and see what happens.

Couldn’t find any updates for Matshita UJ-842D 1.00.

Couldn’t change book type of the blank media – nero was greyed out, and when I used imgburn, I couldn’t select matshita as an option. I read somewhere that matshita drives were really matsushita drives, which were run by Panasonic, but none of those were options.

No Musicmatch Jukebox.

I have Roxio DigitalMedia Copy, Roxio DigitalMedai Audio, Roxio DigitalMedia Data, SonicStage 3.4. I don’t mind removing any of these, but didn’t want to just start removing programs that would maybe be necessary for other actions.

Switched to Standard dual channel etc.

I used Filter Drive Load Order.

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: MATSHITA UJ-842D
Lower Class Filter: PXHELP20
Lower Class Filter: AFS2K
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Clonedvd 2.9.0.9
Anydvd 6.1.6.5

The problem has existed with backing up multiple discs, all us region (think that’s 1), both old releases and new releases.

Running windows xp, service pack 2.

I was just burning at maximum speed, but I will lower to 8-12x.

Here’s the information for one of the discs that I could not backup. I no longer have any of the blank media that I attempted to backup the original to, if that’s what you wanted the information for, but I can attempt to backup another disc and give you that information if needed.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
MATSHITA UJ-842D 1.00 601200KME2090034559
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2011024 sectors (3927 MBytes)
Total size: 4022044 sectors (7855 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BSM_DOM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Going to buy the good media right now, we’ll see if that works.

Matshita UJ-842D 1.00.

Ugh. Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk, die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues:
Click http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=637240&postcount=2

Laptop companies love Matshita because they are cheap.

I used Filter Drive Load Order.

Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Upper Device Filter: redbook
Device Object: MATSHITA UJ-842D
Lower Class Filter: PXHELP20
Lower Class Filter: AFS2K
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Class Filter: ElbyDelay
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Your filters look fine.

I was just burning at maximum speed, but I will lower to 8-12x.

Your drive doesn't support writing at that speed

* CD-R x24
* CD-RW x10
* DVD-R x4
* DVD-RW x2
* DVD+R DL x2.4
* DVD+R x4
* DVD+RW x2.4

The problem is you shouldn't be using 16x rated media. If I were you, I would look for Taiyo Yuden Premium 8x rated media:
http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-silver-thermal-8x-dvd-r-media.html

Also, I'm going to guess this burner came with a laptop? If so, there is a firmware update available. I recommend contacting the company you bought the laptop from as they are responsible for providing you with firmware updates.

Last edited:
so after reading that matshita drives sucked, I decided to try another dvd backup program, and burning a regular data dvd with itunes. Neither worked, so looks like I'll be cashing in on that warranty. Thanks for the help.

dburton,
I suggest that you don't even bother with the warranty. You don't even want another mat-shit-a drive. Buy a different brand.

If there is a smart lawyer who could put together a class action suit naming both Matshita & Memorex, I want in on the suit. By removing those drives and those disks from the market, ssf problem postings would drop by such a percentage that Webslinger could take a vacation on Antigua!

Back