• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Digital Audio

Huckleby

Hi all, newbie here. I am trying to back up my Midnight Special DVDs on my computer and I can't get digital sound from any rip I've tried. Normally, these DVDs will allow me to select for 5.1 surround sound and my DTS equipped Logitech 5.1 speaker setup will automatically go to digital.

Clonedvd only allows me to choose from English Dolby AC-3/2 or AC-3/6. No combination of these two settings gives me digital sound. Is there anyway I can get the same digital sound I get right off my DVD player in a copy?

Thanks for any help...

AC3/6 *IS* 5.1 digital surround sound...

Yes, that's true. I must have misinterpreted what he meant by "No combination of these two settings gives me digital sound." I interpreted that to mean he can't hear anything on his backup.

Yes, that's true. I must have misinterpreted what he meant by "No combination of these two settings gives me digital sound." I interpreted that to mean he can't hear anything on his backup.

Yea, he's saying that his logitech speakers(which I have a set for my bedroom entertainment center) aren't showing Dolby Digital when he's playing his copy. However, I do not have that problem with mine, so, I'm not sure what he's doing differently. I select AC3/6 on all my backups.

Yea, he's saying that his logitech speakers(which I have a set for my bedroom entertainment center) aren't showing Dolby Digital when he's playing his copy.

Sounds like a playback software issue to me.

Digital Problems

At the bottom of this posting is the info from Anydvd that was requested by Webslinger. To clarify further: My Logitech 680 speaker setup only plays digital when set on the Optical PL2 Movie setting. When playing the Midnight Special DVD, this works flawlessly. On any copy I have made with every combination of settings imaginable in Clonedvd2, I get very weak volume out of all speakers except I can get all the volume I want from the center one. I can change to other settings on the logitech control and get sound to all speakers, however, the other settings do not support digital sound. I hope this is clearer now. Thanks for the help....

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-106D 1.08 03/11/25PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1934816 sectors (3778 MBytes)
Total size: 3613232 sectors (7057 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MIDNIGHT_SPECIAL_MUSIC
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

You must understand...CloneDVD doesn't touch the audio stream at ALL. So, something else is wrong.

1. You need to select AC-3/6 in Clonedvd.

2. Preserve the main menus in Cloedvd.

3. During movie playback, select the AC-3/6 soundtrack (or 5.1) from the disc's menu. Your movie playback software must support 5.1 channel playback (Dolby and DTS, depending on what this soundtrack is).

If this doesn't work, test your backup in a standalone dvd player. If 5.1 sound plays properly, the issue has nothing to do with Clonedvd. And what SamuriHL stated is true, by the way.

Last edited:
If that is the case and you yourself are using the software with a logitech digitally equipped speaker setup, how do you go about copying a dvd to your hard drive so you can watch it with dolby digital sound on WMP?

If that is the case and you yourself are using the software with a logitech digitally equipped speaker setup, how do you go about copying a dvd to your hard drive so you can watch it with dolby digital sound on WMP?

I think he uses Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra.

Regardless, your playback software should support 5.1 dolby and dts, and you need to select the appropriate audio channel in your playback software (when playing the disc).

Last edited:

If that is the case and you yourself are using the software with a logitech digitally equipped speaker setup,

I don't use logitech speakers. I do have 6.1 digital speakers.

how do you go about copying a dvd to your hard drive so you can watch it with dolby digital sound on WMP?

I never use WMP.

But what I wrote holds true no matter what software you use. Use must choose the AC-3/6 audio in Clonedvd. You need to select that audio during playback with whatever software you use. And that software must support AC-3/6 playback.

Last edited:
I was talking to the other guy about the 5.1 setup. Webslinger, what are you using for playback that is superior to WMP?

Webslinger, what are you using for playback that is superior to WMP?

Pratically anything is better than WMP. Popular choices include Powerdvd 7, Windvd 8, Zoomplayer Professional, Theater Tek (with advanced audio pack), etc.

It's possible you're experiencing some sort of driver issue. But what I really suspect is that during playback you aren't selecting AC-3/6 audio within WMP (if that's what you're using).

Again,

1. You need to select AC-3/6 in Clonedvd.

2. Preserve the main menus in Clonedvd.

3. During movie playback, select the AC-3/6 soundtrack (or 5.1) from the disc's menu. Your movie playback software must support 5.1 channel playback (Dolby and DTS, depending on what this soundtrack is).

If this doesn't work, test your backup in a standalone dvd player. If 5.1 sound plays properly, the issue has nothing to do with Clonedvd.

Last edited:
I do indeed use PowerDVD Ultra and have not had any problems outputting to my logitech in Dolby Digitial or DTS. I use an optical output cable from my PC to the speakers. Never had a problem with originals or backups.

But what I really suspect is that during playback you aren't selecting AC-3/6 audio within WMP (if that's what you're using).

In the Clonedvd copies I've made so far, When I select the menu for sound choices and tick on dolby surround, the player just jumps back to the previous screen. I am going to try Windvd and see what happens with it.

Back