• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

something is messing with my DVD player

Cr0n_J0b

I'm looking for some help...I have AnyDVD loaded...I just upped to the latest version....and I've noticed that I can't load Battlefield 2 from the DVD anymore. It's a strange situation...and I'm not even sure that it's caused by AnyDVD, but I can't figure out how to figure this out. The only apps that I have in the way of the DVD are the latest versions of Daemon tools, and AnyDVD. I've tried uninstalling both of them...but still no joy. I've tried the DVD in another computer and it works fine. I've tried another game DVD in the drive (Unreal2004 DVD) and that one is not recognized either....but the bonus DVD from that pack IS recognized...and I can still play movies over the drive...It's just these few DVD apps.

I'm not sure when it started happening, since i rarely load DVDs for games...I usually just install and forget...

I checked the ANYdvd app when i load the game and it doesn't show any details about the disk at all...it's just not recognized...

any thoughts?

thanks

I'm looking for some help...I have AnyDVD loaded...I just upped to the latest version....and I've noticed that I can't load Battlefield 2 from the DVD anymore. It's a strange situation...and I'm not even sure that it's caused by AnyDVD, but I can't figure out how to figure this out. The only apps that I have in the way of the DVD are the latest versions of Daemon tools, and AnyDVD. I've tried uninstalling both of them...but still no joy. I've tried the DVD in another computer and it works fine. I've tried another game DVD in the drive (Unreal2004 DVD) and that one is not recognized either....but the bonus DVD from that pack IS recognized...and I can still play movies over the drive...It's just these few DVD apps.

I'm not sure when it started happening, since i rarely load DVDs for games...I usually just install and forget...

I checked the ANYdvd app when i load the game and it doesn't show any details about the disk at all...it's just not recognized...

any thoughts?

thanks

AnyDVD is made to run in the background and remove copy protection from commercial DVD movies. To play a DVD game, you would probably need to right-click on the AnyDVD icon (red fox) in the Taskbar and close it before putting the disc in the drive.

I actually tried that...

I tried turning it off, and i tried uninstalling it, but I still have the same issue. I'm going to go with the assumption that this is not an ANYdvd issue and look for a solution elsewhere. It's just odd that it stops some but not other DVDs...

Do you have Windows set to "Take No Action" when a DVD is inserted in the drive? It will not stop AnyDVD but will stop the autorun on programs.

This sounds like a very good example of a dying drive that is still able to read some discs like your DVD's but not others like your game discs. Your assumption is correct in that this has nothing to do with AnyDVD since it is built to handle commercial DVD's and does not in any way alter the game discs. When inserted, it will just say you have a data disc and the amount of data on that disc, so you don't even need to close AnyDVD for the disc to run and to be able to install it. Basically, if AnyDVD wont recognize it, then your computer hasn't recognized it, and the most likely reason is a dying drive.

Back