• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd sending email?

someguy

i was at the video shop today and the guy there said the movie people have added a program into new dvds that emails a piracy network alerting them that you have coppied the dvd if you back it up on the computer. anyone heard of this?

not really. but you never know. i figured my firewall would stop any programs from accessing the internet anyway.

what rot.
if it was true,whats to stop you copying the dvd on a pc that isnt connected to the internet?
problem solved.

Total BS. Ask him for references, sites etc.... watch him squirm.

-W

went through programs awwloed by my firewall last night and two came to my attention which i have since blocked. copy-discovery 2000 and confidence online EE v5.0

went through programs awwloed by my firewall last night and two came to my attention which i have since blocked. copy-discovery 2000 and confidence online EE v5.0

copy-discovery 2000

Copy Discovery description
a Copyprotection Scanner, which supports over 60 copyprtoections, packers and crypters
Copy-Discovery 2000 is a copy protection scanner. It will scan discs, files or entire folders in order to detect the copy protection.

It supports all common and many uncommon copy protections.
The interface is easy to use and available in 8 languages. Czech, Danish, English, French,
German, Italian, Polish and Spanish.

Copy-Discovery 2000 is divided in three main parts.
The CD/DVD Scan, used to discover the disc protection.
The Directory Scan, scans softwaredirectories and the File Scan, analyses single files.

The program is extensible with plugins.

Many Special-Scans helps the user to find the protection in different ways. For example the TOC-Scan shows you some information about the TOC of a CD/DVD. The damaged Sctor Scan finds out, if the protection has damaged sectors and where.

When you use the Systemcontrol you have to start the application/game with the unknown protection and the Systemcontrol shows you the protection immediately.

The two improtant Special-Scans are the File- and the Directory-Scan. You use the File-Scan to scan a file and the Directory-Scan to scan a whole directory for protections.

confidence online EE v5.0

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246910.pdf

It appears you installed this stuff well maybe not the confidence online EE?

i was at the video shop today and the guy there said the movie people have added a program into new dvds that emails a piracy network alerting them that you have coppied the dvd if you back it up on the computer. anyone heard of this?

If it could be done, Sony would have already tried it. Besides that, AnyDVD stops any program from starting that is on the disc.

As has already been said... bogus.

Personally, my response would have been to gasp and throw a hand over my mouth with a horrified look on my face and then say, "Who would pirate DVDs?" I hate idiots like that.

As has already been said... bogus.

Personally, my response would have been to gasp and throw a hand over my mouth with a horrified look on my face and then say, "Who would pirate DVDs?" I hate idiots like that.

pretty much what i did. :)

copy-discovery 2000

It appears you installed this stuff well maybe not the confidence online EE?

thanks, yes copy discovery. i was trying to play bf2 without th cd as it was getting scratched. have since found game jackel. i have found it causes multiple pauses while im playing though.

Back