• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saw 3

THE ONLY PLACE I CAN WATCH IT IS ON MY HOME DVD PLAYER......MAYBE IT IS A BAD DISK..... ERROR CORRECTION ON PC'S ARE NOT AS GOOD AS HOME PLAYER!!!ANY IDEAS???

Please do not type in all caps. On the internet, that amounts to screaming, and it's kind of jarring.

It's not true that standalone dvd players necessarily have better error correction, and if it played on your standalone dvd player, then, in fact, you did produce a successful copy, regardless of whether it works on your computers.

The latest version of 1-Click does handle Saw3, so please visit the website to ensure you're using the latest versions.

To ensure playback compability please follow these steps:

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc. If you're going to make a double layer backup use Verbatim + R DL media (made in Singapore); I find
most burners will burn this stuff well at 4x (to be safe); other burners can burn this stuff at 10x with no problems. Get to know your burner.

3. Use Nero cd-dvd speed to change the booktype of your blank media: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" for the disk type that
you're using and click "set".) This step improves playback compatibility with standalone dvd players.

You can skip this step if your burner does this for you automatically.

Please do not type in all caps. On the internet, that amounts to screaming, and it's kind of jarring.

It's not true that standalone dvd players necessarily have better error correction, and if it played on your standalone dvd player, then, in fact, you did produce a successful copy, regardless of whether it works on your computers.

The latest version of 1-Click does handle Saw3, so please visit the website to ensure you're using the latest versions.

To ensure playback compability please follow these steps:

1. Visit your burner's website, and update your burner's firmware

2. Use good quality blank media. Try Verbatim (CMC), Maxell Broadcast Quality, Taiyo Yuden, etc. If you're going to make a double layer backup use Verbatim + R DL media (made in Singapore); I find
most burners will burn this stuff well at 4x (to be safe); other burners can burn this stuff at 10x with no problems. Get to know your burner.

3. Use Nero cd-dvd speed to change the booktype of your blank media: http://www.cdspeed2000.com/
This is a free program. (Click "Extra", then "Bitsetting". Make the change to "dvd-rom" for the disk type that
you're using and click "set".) This step improves playback compatibility with standalone dvd players.

You can skip this step if your burner does this for you automatically.

I guess you misunderstood what i said...It was source disk that would not play on the pc's sorry about the cap's i guess it did jar you:doh: lol
i have done all of the things you said above and still no luck...i will return the disk... get a new one and try again....

I guess you misunderstood what i said...It was source disk that would not play on the pc's sorry about the cap's i guess it did jar you:doh: lol

Ohhhh. Sorry. I thought you were talking about a backup. :eek:

i have done all of the things you said above and still no luck...i will return the disk... get a new one and try again....

Before returning it, will the original movie play ok with Anydvd disabled on your computer?

Last edited:
Ohhhh. Sorry. I thought you were talking about a backup. :eek:

Before returning it, will the original movie play ok with Anydvd disabled on your computer?
i just tried it now with any dvd off and still will not play.i tried both players installed on this pc.....power dvd and wmp. the other pc's i tried do not have anydvd installed.so what do you think? ...back to the store?

i just tried it now with any dvd off and still will not play.i tried both players installed on this pc.....power dvd and wmp. the other pc's i tried do not have anydvd installed.so what do you think? ...back to the store?

If other movie discs play fine in your drive, and you've update the firmware for your optical drive (reader), and the movie won't play on any of your systems, then yes, I would return it to the store.

Not so!

Not so as the movie was new and didn't have a single scratch or finger print on it!

Plays ok in home dvd

I also have a registered version of Intervideo DVD Copy 5 and it would not copy either!

Doesn't really matter what copy program you use because the key is AnyDvd, best software I have ever bought!

If AnyDvd only ran on Windows ME I would still have a computer with ME on it and I think that is the worst windows program ever made!

Will do the dvd drive software update thingy aslo! Maybe my problem!

Any way for me Saw III is still a no go!

Iso

Then I would look into another source disk because it definitely works. You may have a defective disc, even though it may play on your DVD Player does not mean it is not defective.

I used clone dvd2 for recording Open Season but i used Nero Recode to burn Saw3, both with AnyDVD and mine turned out fine.

Back