• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PC Hangs badly when disc inserted

SweetChuck

This happens 90% of the time only when anydvd is running . When I insert any sort of disc in either the dvd burner or the Xbox drive .
I have the latest version and this is a fresh XP install running power dvd 7.3
and thats about all thats on it :confused:
Any ideas????

version 6.1.6.2 (ok close to the latest) , there is no burning software , the only 2 programs I have installed is Powerdvd 7.3 and anydvd hd .
The ASUS burner , i'm not sure of the model number , but even with it disconnected the XBox drive locks it up as well when ANY disc is inserted , that means data, music HDdvd or whatever.

I have tried switching off the compatability mode and the safe mode thing to no avail .

Do point 2 from my previous reply, please (pay close attention to step "1d" from the link, and ensure you update to 6.1.6.5 during that process).

This happens 90% of the time only when anydvd is running . When I insert any sort of disc in either the dvd burner or the Xbox drive .
I have the latest version and this is a fresh XP install running power dvd 7.3
and thats about all thats on it :confused:
Any ideas????

Did you try uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling?

Are you overclocking?

Could also be a motherboard, hard drive, memory, ram or power supply problem.

Sorry for all the questions. The reason I suspect a hardware problem is because others don't seem to be experiencing what you are.

The reason I suspect a hardware problem is because others don't seem to be experiencing what you are.

A number do in the other forums when they have other software installed that they shouldn't be using.

But just as importantly Anydvd 6.1.6.5 addresses a lockup issue: "Fix (DVD): Possible hang if heavily scratched or damaged Video DVD was inserted". And he's not using Anydvd 6.1.6.5

Last edited:
A number do in the other forums when they have other software installed that they shouldn't be using.

SweetChuck stated that it was "a fresh XP install running power dvd 7.3".

I was just speaking for the posts I've read on the AnyDVD HD forum.

I have an XP system that I can use if it will be of any help in solving this issue. It has AnyDVD HD and Nero 7 installed and has been used extensively for playing games.

My primary AnyDVD HD systems have Vista 32 installed and, other than AnyDVD HD stopping as it should, I haven't experienced any hangs. That's with quite a few unreadable Blu-ray discs.

On my other Vista 32 system, where my XBOX 360 is attached, I can't recall ever having a disc that couldn't be read or caused the computer to hang.

BTW, with all the great work you do on the Slysoft forums, I don't see how you have time to look at other forums. There must be more than one of you. If not, then I hope you're being well compensated.

SweetChuck stated that it was "a fresh XP install running power dvd 7.3".

Yeah, I still want to see filters. And SweetChuck should be using Anydvd HD 6.1.6.5

Well, you could be right. Overclocking does generate more heat, in addition to causing other potential issues if not done properly.

Well, you folks in the AnydvdHD forum, on average, I think tend to be a little more computer savvy. Perhaps that's because some of you came from the Doom9 forums; or maybe it's because due to the nature of Anydvd HD, the program attracts more cutting-edge computer enthusiasts. That's not to say there aren't a lot of smart Anydvd users in general. But Anydvd HD users are likely smaller in number and probably into a little more into cutting-edge stuff. But that's just my useless opinion (I have to write this disclaimer, because I've undoubtedly offended someone, somewhere).

BTW, with all the great work you do on the Slysoft forums, I don't see how you have time to look at other forums.

Oh? Well, I thank you for your kind words :)bowdown:), but I doubt I do a better job than anyone else.

here must be more than one of you. If not, then I hope you're being well compensated.

Having 5 arms and 2 heads helps. ;)

Regardless, though, I do not work for Slysoft.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself, you deserve as high a level of respect as the Slysoft team members.:bowdown:

Thank you. That's very nice of you to say. :) But I'm just some guy trying to answer questions.

Last edited:
Back