• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

We try to keep SlyPlayer portable. (Linux, Mac...)
Current showstopper is, that there is no AnyDVD HD for Linux & Mac. :(

It would be great if SlyPlayer was portable in a sense it was just the one executable file and an ini file containing settings. That solution would also have the advantage of being able to manually add/edit new options that don't yet have a 'checkbox' in the UI.

Do you know what, I'm not sure we do any more! There are now several good players with bluray support, some integrated with HTPC front-ends. Going back to using external players with these would be retrograde!

The only thing that would change things is if it had full menu support (inc. java) and even then, for the reason above, it would be better if Slysoft would just release a bluray navigator that opened up menus to the other players. That would be something I would very happily pay for.

PDVD 10 is what I have, and not had a single problem with it that was not due to defective discs or a user error.

There are some problematic discs ("Brave 3D"), but these are minor issues. And no, PowerDVD 11 & 12 (which IMHO are bloated pieces of crap) don't play these discs any better.
EDIT: The only thing I miss is moving the subtitle position. I really have to add this to AnyDVD...

There are some problematic discs ("Brave 3D"), but these are minor issues. And no, PowerDVD 11 & 12 (which IMHO are bloated pieces of crap) don't play these discs any better.
EDIT: The only thing I miss is moving the subtitle position. I really have to add this to AnyDVD...

I personally haven't had any problems, or problems that were noticeable. I'm not complaining. ;)

Just wondering if this is scheduled to be released at the same time as Slyce, or at a later date? Any updates would be great.

Thanks

Probably (alot) later, as i have not yet been asked as the Dutch translator to translate the app into Dutch. So i think its pretty safe to assume that at the moment it is not a priority. Slyce is nearing completion as is probably top priority now.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I hope that this is a project that is being worked on.

There seems to be a "Head in sand" feeling re Cinavia.

I really don’t think that removal/disruption is an option.

Avoiding is best and probably simplest option.

I also think that the Commercial Licensed s/w players i.e. TMT6/PowerDVD will use dynamic memory locations for Cinavia detection flag(s) so as to make it almost impossible for Slysoft to disable the routines in future.

Can anybody answer the question as to if SlyPlayer is a "working on" project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for Slyplayer since it was originally announced (around the time the internal combustion engine was invented, I believe). The fact that you posted you comment over a month ago and have received no reply pretty much answers the question for both of us.
:(

I have been waiting for Slyplayer since it was originally announced (around the time the internal combustion engine was invented, I believe). The fact that you posted you comment over a month ago and have received no reply pretty much answers the question for both of us.
:(

Hi dugg914

Yes, it answers it for me too.

SlySoft better change their policy about releasing only quality software products in this case. I think it would be better to have a partially working piece of software and fix/add stuff on the fly rather than have nothing at all. Just my two cents.

So you want a partially working program right sure. How about this one. Slyce partially works. Lets you configure everything, you can load a blu-ray, you spend 20 minutes on specifying which titles you like to keep/remove, which audio you wish to keep/remove and then you press the "Clone" Button. And then "Oh no, the program crashes 10% into the shrinking". You still want a partially working program then?

I hope that this is a project that is being worked on.

There seems to be a "Head in sand" feeling re Cinavia.

I really don’t think that removal/disruption is an option.
Why not? Slyce will remove it.

Avoiding is best and probably simplest option.
That's true, of course.

I also think that the Commercial Licensed s/w players i.e. TMT6/PowerDVD will use dynamic memory locations for Cinavia detection flag(s) so as to make it almost impossible for Slysoft to disable the routines in future.
There is no "impossible" for SlySoft. :D
"Take a look at the track record of this company ..."

Can anybody answer the question as to if SlyPlayer is a "working on" project.
No, not really. Focus is currently at Slyce and "real" Cinavia removal.
SlyPlayer is (and always has been) a Slyce "spin-off", as Slyce needs a player anyway for preview.
But as many others said "who needs another player? I have XBMC, ...., I don't need it".

We'll pick it up again if Slyce finally sees the light of day.

That's true, of course.

SlyPlayer is (and always has been) a Slyce "spin-off", as Slyce needs a player anyway for preview.
But as many others said "who needs another player? I have XBMC, ...., I don't need it".

That last statement is worrisome. If Slyce sees the light of day. Was that a joke or is the program in serious trouble? It does not seem it will be released this quarter so will slysoft make another window or just quit making benchmark estimate?

That's true, of course.

Hi James

Thanks for your reply.

I think it answers ALL questions and confirmed everything for most of us.

Thanks for your honesty.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I read that. It was the statement that if Slyce sees the light of day that caught my attention. They have been focused on Slyce for century's it seems.

Back