• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal Pro 2.9.18.565 released!

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

REVISIONS AND UPDATES

Release v2.9.18.565 - release
* Update version info link fixed.

Release v2.9.18.560 - release
* Fixed an issue that was causing profiles created with the "Convert to a Game Jackal profile" option to point an incorrect exe.
* Minor updates.

Release v2.9.18.555 - release
* Improved game support.
* Fixed Vista lockup issue.
* Update Arabic and Hungarian language.
* Updated profile map.
* Minor interface updates.

Nice job Slysoft "Update version Info" now shows correct version installed.......CHEERS

Last edited:
I hope you guys can keep this momentum going. You are carrying the GJ torch well. What I have thus far seen gives me much confidence that the previous owner's high standards will be maintained.

Thanks for the update.

What I am still very curious about is that there are no dates one the release info in TXT file. Does that mean that Sly doesn't want you to see how far apart they are? Also the updates seem to be very minor compared to those for AnyDVD (HD in particular). Starforce on Colin McRae DiRT was circumvented very quickly so what's stopping Slysoft? I'm not criticising, just making an observation. I'm sure I am not the only one curious about the topic...:D

Also the updates seem to be very minor compared to those for AnyDVD (HD in particular).

These are two completely separate products. And updating to address newer versions of Securom is hardly minor.

Starforce on Colin McRae DiRT was circumvented very quickly so what's stopping Slysoft?

That was a no-cd crack and did not address emulation. Those are two completely different things.

These are two completely separate products. And updating to address newer versions of Securom is hardly minor.

That was a no-cd crack and did not address emulation. Those are two completely different things.

They are 2 different products by the same company, so equal amount of resources should be devoted to development of both.

It's the principle that Starforce has been rendered useless that's important. There are similarities because NoCD means there is no need for a CD, which is surely the point of GameJackal :D:agree:

Last edited:
They are 2 different products by the same company, so equal amount of resources should be devoted to development of both.

I can't really comment on this being a moderator, I think. I have my own *strong* opinions (on this topic), which I'll just keep to myself.

It's the principle that Starforce has been rendered useless that's important. There are similarities because NoCD means there is no need for a CD, which is surely the point of GameJackal

Gamejackal functions by emulating protections (or how the games behave when run); it's not an .exe hacking program.
I don't want to have to download no-cd cracks for every single game I own. Plus, you also have to risk going to the sites that host those files, and then also risk getting viruses and trojans from the downloads. No thanks. :disagree:

Last edited:
I can't really comment on this being a moderator, I think. I have my own *strong* opinions (on this topic), which I'll just keep to myself.

Gamejackal functions by emulating protections (or how the games behave when run); it's not an .exe hacking program.
I don't want to have to download no-cd cracks for every single game I own. Plus, you also have to risk going to the sites that host those files, and then also risk getting viruses and trojans from the downloads. No thanks. :disagree:

Surely you can see the similarity. To successfully circumvent Starforce you need an intimate knowledge of the .exe file. So the apple of cracking EXE has landed very close to the tree of emulating the protection 8)

To successfully circumvent Starforce you need an intimate knowledge of the .exe file.

wrong, to emulate starforce you have to emulate the angular velocity of the cd/dvd, thats how it works, intimate knowledge of the exe file just gains u insight into the virtual machine(s) and the virtual file system, the cd/dvd check code is inside the vm, so u need to reverse engineer the vm...

all of those factors are outside of what gamejackal does, gamejackal essentially is a filter driver, recording data sent to and from the program to the cd/dvd drive, it doesn't have to deal with anything else apart from emulating the disk signature... emulating that portion is a task in itself, due to starforce drivers probing ide ports and so on, and the blacklisting...

wrong, to emulate starforce you have to emulate the angular velocity of the cd/dvd, thats how it works, intimate knowledge of the exe file just gains u insight into the virtual machine(s) and the virtual file system, the cd/dvd check code is inside the vm, so u need to reverse engineer the vm...

all of those factors are outside of what gamejackal does, gamejackal essentially is a filter driver, recording data sent to and from the program to the cd/dvd drive, it doesn't have to deal with anything else apart from emulating the disk signature... emulating that portion is a task in itself, due to starforce drivers probing ide ports and so on, and the blacklisting...

I did not say that knowing about the EXE is the only thing necessary to bypass Starforce, I meant that it would help the cause and thank you for confirming that.

And since you say that those factors are outside of what GameJackal does then maybe it should extend its scope to those factors if it would mean emulating Starforce :agree:

extending the scope of gamejackal to adjust the vm or to patch any code in the process owned by the executable could land them in serious legal hot water..

for example there are some 'tricks' that could be done for older versions of safedisc, completely bypassing the cdcheck by adjusting a few bytes in their code, but doing so means you're patching safediscs own code, which is protected by IP rights, any commercial product doing that can be sued if it can be proven their code does that...

api hooks are a different kettle of fish

you stated.. 'To successfully circumvent Starforce you need an intimate knowledge of the .exe file.' which is wrong, you dont need an intimate knowledge of the exe file - infact the starforce protection is inside drivers and inside a dll.. exe doesn't really matter - it contains the code of the game and some starforce data.. mostly..

and having intimate knowledge of the exe mightnt help at all, infact it might cloud the whole matter.. cant see the wood for the trees scenario.. most emulation programs work by monitoring the data to and from the protection to the cd/dvd drive - typically using bushound, and analysing the logs and sector data/information ... totally different method...

having intimate knowledge of the protection code, only helps you in cracking the program..

So, if I understand it correctly, it is easier to make NoCD crack for Starforce games than develop emulation techniques for it. I hope that Slysoft will come up with a solution soon because people who can't use GameJackal for their games then they might just resort to such crack (even if they own the install media) :agree:

So, if I understand it correctly, it is easier to make NoCD crack for Starforce games than develop emulation techniques for it.

Yes, that's right.

I hope that Slysoft will come up with a solution soon because people who can't use GameJackal for their games then they might just resort to such crack

While that may be true (and I agree it would be nice for Slysoft to support Starforce), I'm not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by ivanX
"So, if I understand it correctly, it is easier to make NoCD crack for Starforce games than develop emulation techniques for it."

Webslinger -> "Yes, that's right."

------------------

developing emulation techniques for starforce could take some time sure..

however, developing a nocd crack for a starforce game is heavily dependant on the protection settings for the game... theres no really proven 100% generic way to circumvent this, crack needs testing, virtual files 'extracted' and made non virtual, vm code rebuilt to x86 asm and so on...

but in essence developing the emulation technique is the winner, because its more generic and the time taken to research/design the emulation mechanism is probably less time than having to crack every single starforce game the user has.. even then the cracks may be bad...

end result -> emulation = best way forward.. crack = may work, but brings in other problems.. like bad crack, virus etc in the crack when downloaded.. and of course you're back to square 1 if an update to the game happens (which is pretty common)..

Last edited:
Back