• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems

alexkakis

Hi Charlie I Need Your Help I Try To Copy Bridge To Terabithia (united States ) But I Have A Big Problem Any Dvd Work To Decrypted This Movie Send A Message The Movie Is Dirty Or Your Dirve Is Not Set To Region I Donwload A Drive Region Info V2.2 The Message "this Drive Has Region Protection"

Region Info
Region Code : Not Set (both Drives)
User: 5 Changes Left
Manufacturer: 4 Changes Left
What Can I Do?
Please Help Me....

1. Please do step 8 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

2. What program are you using other than Anydvd to backup this movie? Do you get an error message when using that program and this disc.

3. Can you just ignore the message Anydvd gives you? If not, I'll show you what you need to do.

Well, I can't tell but it looks like they haven't set their drive to a region, as far as I could see. So, set the drive to region 1.

That said, Bridge To Terabithia is a Disney movie and I've come to really dislike them. You have to be careful when you remove some titles because it can cause problems later during playback.

I'd recommend a 1:1 back-up on a DVD+R DL or a movie-only backup w/o menus on a DVD+R. There won't be much compression once you get rid of the unecessary audio tracks and all the titles other than the main movie.

Well, I gotta take a little break, so I'll just answer this quickly (and go for now).
This is the status window for the Region 1 version of this disc:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2028272 sectors (3961 MBytes)
Total size: 3932843 sectors (7681 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BTT0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I do not recommend setting drive region codes unless you absolutely have to. But if you must, then . . . .

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

I do not recommend setting drive region codes unless you absolutely have to.

I'm confuzzled. :doh:

I thought this was considered something to do when troubleshooting a problem? I mean I had 3 Plextor DVD drives that I never set but after seeing it mentioned countless times that not having the region set could lead to problems I finally set all my drives to region 1. IOW I thought it was recommended to set it. :doh:

I'm confuzzled. :doh:

I thought this was considered something to do when troubleshooting a problem?

I've never set the region code on my Plextor drives, and I've never had issues. If you have issues, then set the region code. The reason I don't like setting it is because you have a finite number of changes (and once your run out of changes, you're . . .). If you get that CSS error message in Anydvd, most of the time you can ignore it anyway. So, unless you absolutely have to, I see no need to set a drive's region code.

The error message alexkakis is receiving is due to not having the drive's region code set to match the disc. But I'm not sure whether that error message can be ignored in this case.

Last edited:
I've never set the region code on my Plextor drives, and I've never had issues.
That's because there is a nice feature (according to the specs, it is a bug) in the Plextor firmware: It the region is not set, Plextor drives (at least those I tried a long time ago) allowed the CSS key exchange with every region coded disc.
Oops, I shouldn't write this, maybe they change it now...

That's because there is a nice feature (according to the specs, it is a bug) in the Plextor firmware: It the region is not set, Plextor drives (at least those I tried a long time ago) allowed the CSS key exchange with every region coded disc..

Oh, I never knew that. I've mostly used Plextor drives, so I guess that's why I've never had problems. Thank you for the information!

Well, here's a question I have then: if you are not having any problems, do you recommend people set the region code of their drives (even with non-Plextor drives)?

Oh, I never knew that. I've mostly used Plextor drives, so I guess that's why I've never had problems. Thank you for the information!

Well, here's a question I have then: if you are not having any problems, do you recommend people set the region code of their drives (even with non-Plextor drives)?
Tough one. I wouldn't set the region if you never have a problem (there a other drives that behave similar to the Plextor, IIRC from Sanyo?)
But most people don't care, as they only use DVDs from one region.

I personally prefer drives, where a region free firmware is available (NEC drives with Liggy & Dee firmware rock!).

If you want a very cheap drive for reading multi region discs, a simple DVD ROM like the Samsung SH-D163A/TS-H353A (or similar) will work fine.
Put it in an USB enclosure and connect it to you Computer / Laptop (hello, poor owners of Matsushita / Panasonic drives).

Back