• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Release Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.

vze2mp9g

And Frank has been upfront saying Slyce is taking longer than initially predicted.

Yes, it is disappointing things are taking longer than Slysoft had hoped, but I'd prefer to see a bug-free as humanly possible initial release than have something that should have taken longer to be release quality.

At least Slysoft isn't taking pre-orders with a definite release date and then failing to release on the due date with no explanation why.

I have to agree with this statement, but if Slysoft keeps telling us that Slyce isn't "Bug-Free", yet, we'll never see it! Look at any of Slysoft's products, they all have "Bugs" but they fix them as they come up. Why can't they do the same with Slyce? I'm willing to bet if they released it NOW, it would blow away any other blu-ray back-up program on the market!

Personally, I think Slysoft doesn't want anyone (especially the "other" companies (their competitors)) see how Slyce Works because the DO have the BEST product out there and they, the competitors, might be able to reverse engineer Slyce and copy it.

I can see it now, come December 2013, Slysoft will be telling us that Slyce could be released in 2014. They should release it soon, clean up most of the bugs, and, like AnyDVDHD, let the users (us) find the "bugs", because Slysoft cannot possibly know and/or have everyone's situation. At least we will have something to "Play" with!

I don't know about anyone else out here, but I'm starting to see that the Blu-Ray movies are coming down in price. Maybe in a couple of years, there won't be DVD/Blu-Ray players out there (like VHS/Betamax(remember, Betamax was the superior tape) VCR players), everyone could be streaming off the INTERNET, and Slyce will have never have seen the daylight.

At least Slysoft is giving me time to save up for Slyce, because with all this development, it's going to cost some big $$! :D

Well its certainly re defined my understanding of the words "Pending" and "Soon"

It might be a good idea to remove the word "Pending" from this thread

Never release? Waiting for a buyer? Slysoft will not sell there product to a third party. Where do you get the idea thy slyce is vaporware. Have you actually read the first posts? All the info in them is based on an actual test build for translators i have in my possession. It is NOT vaporware. I can guarantee you that.

Edit: and another thing. Neverending delays? Where did you get that. Slyce has only been delayed twice. First from the initial timeframe before the end of 2012 to the first quarter (jan-march) of this year and a second time to the 2nd quarter of this year (april-june) and that range still has to months on it. Please check your facts or provide proof before you go make claims like that. I started this thread and I'm the one that provides the info in there first posts and updates them. So i know what I'm talking about

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guys. How Long we talk about this product now ???? Four or five years ?? Slyce is a never ending Story. For my personal I lent my last Blu-Ray in a videostore two years ago. Streaming is the future. If Slyce can only copie, shrink or re-encode a Blu-Ray, spend your time on other products. I can only lough if I follow this thread. But perhaps in the meantime the product code is 15 GB and there the time goes by. How many bugs a product can have ?????:disagree:

Stream is what is laughable if it is done via video on demand. For good quality video to stream you still need a physical disc. Which is where slyce comes in. And how long have we been talking about slyce. I'll tell you there were a few rumors for a few years but the cold hard facts of its existence (hint the first posts in this thread) just a few months. That's how long.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

I am a big fan and user of Slysoft product(s)

But is it time for Slysoft to come clean on this one

Guys. How Long we talk about this product now ???? Four or five years ?? Slyce is a never ending Story. For my personal I lent my last Blu-Ray in a videostore two years ago. Streaming is the future. If Slyce can only copie, shrink or re-encode a Blu-Ray, spend your time on other products. I can only lough if I follow this thread. But perhaps in the meantime the product code is 15 GB and there the time goes by. How many bugs a product can have ?????:disagree:

Streaming is not the future... if your'e looking for highest video/audio quality.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/whither-goes-blu-ray-and-physical-media-174615

You might have other reasons for streaming than watching movies.

I have 200 Mbit/s cable connection, a fast CPU, very good graphics and audio card,
all the necessary stuff for viewing Full-HD video.
Tried a few different On Demand services and they all suck!
The just can't deliver the bandwith!
Blu-ray discs will stay for many years so Slyce, whenever it arrives, will be a useful tool.

I am a big fan and user of Slysoft product(s)

But is it time for Slysoft to come clean on this one
There's nothing for them to come clean about. They've always been upfront and honest about it. Just because it's taking longer than they thought doesn't mean they're hiding anything and they've even been upfront about there being a delay. If you're not happy about waiting then go use something else.

There's nothing for them to come clean about. They've always been upfront and honest about it. Just because it's taking longer than they thought doesn't mean they're hiding anything and they've even been upfront about there being a delay. If you're not happy about waiting then go use something else.

+1 :agree:

If this is a forum, then this should be a place where you can express an opinion without such a childishly rude response and without sycophants unable to help themselves adding to the rude reply.

"then go use something else" How about "There are other programs available for you to use" as a response.

You have been helpful to me in the past but there is a Jekyll and Hyde feel.

If this is not a place to have an opinion then don’t call it a Forum.

Yes I know that this is a Slysoft site, but it is called a Forum.
I do not have a Forum for my Business, but if I did, I would not want only good posts, I would want honest posts, what people thought.

On the 8th of June 2012, a screen shot was posted (in Dutch).
This was clearly seen as an attempt to quell the rumblings re how long this project was taking.

In December 2012, although not said that Slyce would be ready, it was very strongly hinted that it should be available before the start of the New Year.
Then, "Last minute hitch".

And here we are 10th April 2013.
What im trying to say is that my opinion is understandable. I think that there is much more here than bugs etc and I should be able to say that and have an adult response.

Thanks to Slysoft, I can now use later version TMT6 with watermarked streams.

THANKS FOR THAT, IM SURE MANY MANY PEOPLE ARE VERY GRATEFULL.

As for waiting for Slyce, I don’t know if I will have a use for Slyce unless it will make a movie only stream whilst keeping the 3D info, which I understand it wont.
It sure wont be removing Cinavia either will it.

Most of my backups are to Hard Drive now as a whole BD so dont even bother compressing them.

If I want to make a 25BD disk, then BD Rebuilder does an excellent job.

And now the barrage of abuse eh ......................

I´m sure the intentive reader has understood that its finished when its finished even if some of us wont accept. I´m also sure SlySoft will release at least an excellent product - as usual. :bowdown:
I just hope they will not take € 500,- for the licence. Do they have to fetch the surely enormous developement cost.:doh:

Slyce should be a good product for the laymen DVD back-up builder. A DVD fan who wants only one or two pieces of software to build a complete back-up disk from start to finish. Such as AnyDVD HD and Slyce

If you don't care about using more than two pieces of software to build you complete disk back-up almost anyway you wish, then there are other products to use which will do the same end results as Slyce. Such as BD Rebuilder, BDtoAVCHD, Imgburn and others.

The real value of Slyce will come in when it contains the Cinavia circumvention or removal if it ever does, THEN IS THE TIME to purchase Slysoft Slyce.:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
With that same logic you should feel just as good about that competitor that promised a cinavia cure last Halloween..and then failed to do so. They were up front about it too.
Actually you are wrong, they weren't up front about it, and if you'd been following what actually happened you'd know that. Also they were taking pre-orders for goods that never materialized and some people had to charge back through their credit cards or PayPal to get refunds.
No I don't know anyone from Slysoft personally, and I also don't think of my self as an official spokesperson. What I do know is that it's impossible to say how long it takes to 'fix a few bugs' as you have no idea what those bugs are or what problems they may be causing. Slysoft have never given a set date on when it will be ready. They said they were hoping to release it by the end of last year and then a few weeks before the end of the year they posted that it was going to be delayed. This was well before the end of the year and they have also never taken any pre-orders or advance money from anyone for this product unlike DVDRanger.
And if June 30th does come round and it's not ready then it's not ready, it's that simple. If they're still having problems then no amount of comments about 'hiding something' or thinking that bugs can should be fixed in a few weeks is going to make any difference.

rotty dog said:
If this is a forum, then this should be a place where you can express an opinion without such a childishly rude response and without sycophants unable to help themselves adding to the rude reply.
So because I said you could always use something else I'm childish yet this is not the first time you call me and others sycophants because we don't agree with you. Maybe I made the comment because we've been down this road before with you in other threads.

Actually you are wrong, they weren't up front about it, and if you'd been following what actually happened you'd know that. Also they were taking pre-orders for goods that never materialized and some people had to charge back through their credit cards or PayPal to get refunds.
No I don't know anyone from Slysoft personally, and I also don't think of my self as an official spokesperson. What I do know is that it's impossible to say how long it takes to 'fix a few bugs' as you have no idea what those bugs are or what problems they may be causing. Slysoft have never given a set date on when it will be ready. They said they were hoping to release it by the end of last year and then a few weeks before the end of the year they posted that it was going to be delayed. This was well before the end of the year and they have also never taken any pre-orders or advance money from anyone for this product unlike DVDRanger.
And if June 30th does come round and it's not ready then it's not ready, it's that simple. If they're still having problems then no amount of comments about 'hiding something' or thinking that bugs can should be fixed in a few weeks is going to make any difference.

So because I said you could always use something else I'm childish yet this is not the first time you call me and others sycophants because we don't agree with you. Maybe I made the comment because we've been down this road before with you in other threads.

You know full well what I meant by sycophants and again as you know full well, my comment re your rudeness was in your language "go use someting else"

10 out of 10 for consistancy anyway.

Already done. Long time ago.

@rotty dog: I'm the one that provided that screenshot and if you'd actually bother reading the first posts you'd see the mini faq get updated each time. Including the new timeframes. Have you actually read ANYTHING from the first posts?

* I created this topic
* That screenshot was mine and provided as a teaser till i found the time after it to provide actual application info,
* i update the posts when i have new info. Not mine or slysoft's fault you cba to read the first posts. There's even a changelog in one of them to say WHAT has been updated.

Last edited:
rotty dog, don't start up this garbage again. We all know your opinions and we've heard them many many times. You generally just repeat yourself. It's all fine that this is a forum and you are free to express yourself within reason but you are not in the position to be reprimanding people over what you think they said wrong. What Adbear said was perfectly fine and, frankly, truthful. If people can't be bothered to wait or are too impatient then use something else. If people aren't happy then, well, that's too bad. Period. Do you think Slysoft is happy that there have been hold-ups? Of course not. No one is preventing people from using something else. No one is making people wait. This entire discussion is ridiculous.

Ch3vr0n created this thread to provide information to interested people during the process before the release of Slyce. This is his thread to spread the information. Do not troll here.

@rotty dog: I'm the one that provided that screenshot and if you'd actually bother reading the first posts you'd see the mini faq get updated each time. Including the new timeframes. Have you actually read ANYTHING from the first posts?

* I created this topic
* That screenshot was mine and provided as a teaser till i found the time after it to provide actual application info,
* i update the posts when i have new info. Not mine or slysoft's fault you cba to read the first posts. There's even a changelog in one of them to say WHAT has been updated.

I know you were the person that posted the screen shot.
You said that there have only been 2 time frames, neither were met.
I dont think that matters, its just how llong this has been going on without a first release that I made a comment about.
Surley I am allowed to do that.

You dont have to agree with me of course

Its just my opinion, reason for forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Already done. Long time ago.
I've been using BD Rebuilder since it first came out and even the Mods and some of the Slysoft staff have pointed people to it when asked what to use for Blu-rays until Slyce comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back