• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Getting encryption error when using ANYDVD and CloneDVD

dre5150

Good Morning.

I have been using ANYDVD for some time now and I was using DVD Shrink and found that it was not working properly at times so I decided to download the free trial of CloneDVD2. All worked perfectly so I decided to purchase the unlock key for CloneDVD2. Now... since I purchased CloneDVD2 I am not able to burn copy anything. I keep getting a messaga long the lines of this title is copy protected/encrypted. I updated ANYDVD to the latest version and did the same with Clone DVD... YES, I have ANTDVD running. LOL. What can I do to solve this? Is it possible for me to download CloneDVD1 to see if it works better. I have tried everything I could think of... but am still getting the message. Not sure if this is a problem with ANYDVD or Clone DVD?

Please advise.

Encryption error using Clone DVD and ANYDVD

Good Morning.

I have been using ANYDVD for some time now and I was using DVD Shrink and found that it was not working properly at times so I decided to download the free trial of CloneDVD2. All worked perfectly so I decided to purchase the unlock key for CloneDVD2. Now... since I purchased CloneDVD2 I am not able to burn copy anything. I keep getting a messaga long the lines of this title is copy protected/encrypted. I updated ANYDVD to the latest version and did the same with Clone DVD... YES, I have ANTDVD running. LOL. What can I do to solve this? Is it possible for me to download CloneDVD1 to see if it works better. I have tried everything I could think of... but am still getting the message. Not sure if this is a problem with ANYDVD or Clone DVD?

Please advise.

You'll need to post more information. What title is this? What region? If possible, post the contents of the AnyDVD status window for the disc you are having problems with.

Good Morning.

Please advise.

If you are getting that error message, AnyDVD is not working. Can you post your Upper and Lower filters as well as the AnyDVD status log.

Good Morning.

Please advise.

I believe you have this same post in the AnyDVD section and it is being answered there.

I believe you have this same post in the AnyDVD section and it is being answered there.

Yes. dre5150, do not create multiple threads about the exact same issue, please. 1 issue = 1 thread

Thanks for the info. I will try to un-install/re-install both ANY DVD and Clone DVD and go from there. Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

I uninstalled both Clone DVD and ANY DVD and re-installed. Any DVD seems to be okay now. BUT...I am still getting errors when trying to burn. It reads the DVD fine but when it tries to burn I get the following error message:

Writing to Video Media was not successful
Media Write Error
A write error has occurred, probably caused by bad media
Please replace the media and try again.

I tried unsuccessfully a bunch of times with different media.

TDK DVD-R
Kodak DVD-R
Sony DVD-R

It seems to be happening when I try to burn Jackass and Jackass2. I seem to have successfully copied Sideways. It gave me the error when I tried to use the TDK but was successful with Sony. can't do Jackass movies at all. Also. I have to put the original DVD in my other drive (DVD player) Can't do it at all in my DVD burner. DVD freezes.

1. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10
2. Use good quality media only (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell not made in Japan are not good quality media).
Use Taiyo Yuden 8x Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality
If you're using poor quality media, then you should expect problems.

visit http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4764653&postcount=25
and
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3976250
3. Try lowering your burn speed a little (if you have a 16x burner and 16x rated media try writing to it at 12x instead of 16x)
4. If you're using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom"
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (step 3)
5. Avoid sticker labels (they tend to cause problems)
6. Try setting a custom size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using (but if you're using good media, you shouldn't have to) if you're using regular single layer dvd-5 (4.7GB) discs.

Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs (see step 6)
and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")

All seems well now. I had a 3 year over the counter replacement warranty on my burner. i took it in and said it kept freezing and giving me errors and so on. They gave me a replacement burner. I installed th enew berner, updated anyDVD and Clone DVD and all seems well now. I was successfully able to burn one of the disks that I was unable to burn before.

All seems well now. I had a 3 year over the counter replacement warranty on my burner. i took it in and said it kept freezing and giving me errors and so on. They gave me a replacement burner. I installed th enew berner, updated anyDVD and Clone DVD and all seems well now. I was successfully able to burn one of the disks that I was unable to burn before.

I'm glad you got it working. Sometimes hardware failures are difficult to diagnose.

Back