• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

securom protection

worldus

Is it possible to make 1:1 copy of CD with securom protection. I tried but does not work.

Securom Copy

I'm also having a hard time doing this.

Trying to back up an older game to local disc:
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom

It uses SecuROM v4.77.00.0050.
When I copy an image to the local drive and then mount this with Virtual DAEMON manager I can't get it to work.

On the other hand, if I make an image with 'BlindWrite 6' I'm able to use the image without the problem.

This means that the problem is with the ripping software (i.e. CloneCD) and not the emulation. I sincerely hope that this software will be updated to handle such things in the near future. I just bought CloneCD, CloneDVD, and AnyDVD in the hopes that this would give me the full functionality I need. Then I run into this problem.

I'm currently running the beta version of CloneCD '5305' but also tried '5301'.

Please help and advise.

E

Nothing can backup later versions of Securom without emulation.

Try Game Jackal.

Nothing can backup later versions of Securom without emulation.
I don't understand this statement as I was just able to do it with a shareware copy of 'BlindWrite 6' as I stated above. I copied the disc to my local drive and then mounted it with Virtual DAEMON manager (without turning on any emulation). It works like a charm.

Because of this, it is apparent that there is some difference in what 'BlindWrite' extracts from a disc and what 'CloneCD' does. I'm just looking to give feedback to hopefully have your this software improved. As a customer I would like to see it work in most cases.

Regards,

E

I don't understand this statement as I was just able to do it with a shareware copy of 'BlindWrite 6' as I stated above.

That's basically the same as the "twinpeaks" method (you can google it), and that's still not a 1:1 copy that will work in all drives. You won't be able to do the same thing with Securom 7 without some kind of emulation.

Last edited:
I'm also having a hard time doing this.

Trying to back up an older game to local disc:
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom

It uses SecuROM v4.77.00.0050.
When I copy an image to the local drive and then mount this with Virtual DAEMON manager I can't get it to work.

On the other hand, if I make an image with 'BlindWrite 6' I'm able to use the image without the problem.

This means that the problem is with the ripping software (i.e. CloneCD) and not the emulation. I sincerely hope that this software will be updated to handle such things in the near future. I just bought CloneCD, CloneDVD, and AnyDVD in the hopes that this would give me the full functionality I need. Then I run into this problem.

I'm currently running the beta version of CloneCD '5305' but also tried '5301'.

Please help and advise.

E

I must say when it comes to SafeDisc & SecuROM protected discs so aint there really no 1 that compete with VSOs Blindwrite when it comes 2 making Images of such a discs. A BW image mounted up through DEAMON Tools is Da Bomb so 2 say ;)

Far better to use Game Jackal with Securom. Smaller profiles, and it's faster to get a working image/profile as well.

But suit yourself

I own Blindwrite, by the way. The method with 4.x versions of Securom does not produce a 1:1 copy that will work in all drives. That's basically the same as the twinpeaks method.

That's basically the same as the "twinpeaks" method (you can google it), and that's still not a 1:1 copy that will work in all drives. You won't be able to do the same thing with Securom 7 without some kind of emulation.

Even if i have a securom 7 on CD with blindwrite 6 + plextor premium + BW tweaker (premium profil) ?

I try with securom 5, i don't have any problems (don't need DT or programms like it).

Even if i have a securom 7 on CD with blindwrite 6 + plextor premium + BW tweaker (premium profil) ?

I'm not sure with the Plextor Premium (it's discontinued, and with the later Plextor premium drives the answer is no). With the latest 7.x securom games, I would doubt it. Regardless, I think most people have moved to dvd-rom games.

1:1 means I should be able to play the backup in any optical drive without any emulation.

Back