• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bridge to Terabithia Blu-Ray won't play

webrunner

I don't think this disk is being decrypted. I just installed the latest anydvd update, and it didn't seem to fix it. What happens is you start to play the movie, and the screen turns into a jumbled puzzle and eventually the audio cuts out. I have to hard reset the PC in order to recover. I can play other blu-ray and hd-dvd discs just fine.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm running the latest build of anydvd and powerdvd.

I should probably add:

Menus and previews work fine. It's when I click "play" that the whole thing self-destructs.

More Info:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.5)
SONY BDRW BWU-100A 1.0A JLY03 ,2006RC3D
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24292096 sectors (47445 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: BTT1NNE1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

-----
Running windows Vista Ultimate- All latest updates
Core2 @3.0GHZ, 2GB RAM
Nvidia 8800GTX Driver Version - 7.15.11.5843

Mitsubishi H3000U projector - connected Via HDMI

PowerDVD 7.2 Ultra
Version - 7.3.2911.0

Have you tried using Anydvd ripper and then playing the rip instead of the disc?

Well,in the title screen, it says v7.3, but when I look at the version information in the about section, it gives 7.2Ultra, and when I click on "product is licensed to" to get more detailed information, it reports 7.3.2911.0

Well, here's a question I have: does the disc play with Anydvd HD disabled (without it running)? All of your equipment appears to be HDCP compliant anyway. If your other discs play with Anydvd HD disabled--and this one doesn't then the problem lies with Powerdvd; you would then need to complain to Cyberlink.

Last edited:
No, I cant get any HD disc to play without anydvd running. It starts playback and stops with an HDCP error. Yes, all of my hardware is compliant, but it has never worked without this program (cyberlink didn't resolve my issues. All other titles play fine, and like I said all the previews and menus on the disk work. I tested playback on another computer running all the same software versions, and had the same thing happen. Perhaps this is some new form of encryption that has yet to be incorporated into the Anydvd dectryption engine?

Thanks for your help on this, and please let me know if there is any additional information or tasks I can perform to help figure it out. I would be curious to know if any other users are able to play back this disc.

No, I cant get any HD disc to play without anydvd running. It starts playback and stops with an HDCP error. Yes, all of my hardware is compliant, but it has never worked without this program (cyberlink didn't resolve my issues.

O.k., just so I'm clear, none of your other discs will play without Anydvd HD running?

That is correct. I can't get any HD-DVD or Blu-Ray titles to play back if I don't run this software. I always get a HDCP error message and to run the advisor. Advisor shows everything is A-OK. Still won't play back. Cyberlink could never solve the issue for me. I just created a post at the cyberlink forums with most of the info I posted here. Maybe they can confirm that the disk does/doesen't work.

Thanks.

Ok, now I am curious. My equipment is not HDCP complient, yet I have never had a problem running blu ray movies:

Electrohome ECP 3100
BWU-100
AMD Athlon 4600 Dual Core
Radeon 1650 Dual DVI Out

I am going to get this movie today and post my findings, both with an initial play and how it plays when ripped to HD.

I have not upgraded to the newest AnyDVD HD yet, so my results will be based on the previous version.

Last edited:
Movie played without a hitch, actually kind of disappointed, wasn't what I thought it would be. Not here to critique. There were no glitches or problems, ripping to hard disk now, will post tomorrow whether there are any problems with playback from hard drive.

I didn't have any problem to read this movie with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (29.11) and any dvd hd 6.1.6.0. My graphic card is hdcp compliant.

Enter a support ticket on the Cyberlink website requesting the full version upgrade to PowerDVD Ultra. It doesn't have the install issues that the upgrade patches do.

After uninstalling, run Windows Install Clean Up and delete the PowerDVD entry if there is one. You can get it here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301.

Last edited:
Back