• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles

drbruce2

When I backed up Cars and Night at the Museum among other DVDs,the subtitles played no matter what I did , when I played them in the DVD player. When played in the computer, there were no subtitles playing. I use Clone DVD2 and AnyDVD. Any suggestions? .

When I backed up Cars and Night at the Museum among other DVDs,the subtitles played no matter what I did , when I played them in the DVD player. When played in the computer, there were no subtitles playing. I use Clone DVD2 and AnyDVD. Any suggestions? .
Enable the desired audio & subtitle streams in CloneDVD stream preferences (right pane).

I think I did not state my problem clearly- In many backups, even when the subtitles are not included in the back-up, they appear anyway with no ability to turn them off. Even if I back-up the whole DVD, subtitles appear with no ability to turn them off. It has happened in Cars, Little Miss Sunshine among others. I have recorded with and without subtitles and they appear anyway.

I have recorded (...) without subtitles and they appear anyway.

Frankly,that's impossible unless you included subtitles in your backup.

If they do play, it's a simple matter of turning them off with your standalone dvd player's remote.

Last edited:
I thought it was impossible also, but it has happened every which way I back it up, with subtitles, without subtitles. By the way- they are almost all Disney titles. It happened with Bridge to Terabithia also. It even happened when I used clone DVD Mobile to put Little Miss Sunshine on my Epson P4000 viewer. Beats me, and I considered myself an expert.

If the subtitles are de-selected, they will not copy. Anything else is "cockpit" error.....

Thanks for the input, but I was very careful in what I said I did, and how I said what transpired. If I said I did not record subtitles, then I did not record subtitles! This "pilot" has post doctoral training, and is very methodical and careful in what he says and what he does. If he wasn't, there would be a lot of dead people out there. As in Horton hears a who- "I said what I meant and meant what I said, an elephant's faithful 100 percent". So thanks, but no thanks. Don't be so dogmatic- there could possibly be another explanation- I was seeking that explanation. Thanks anyway.

There is no other explanation, and your degree nor your education has any bearing on this issue. My friend has both discs in Region 1. His backed up discs using Clonedvd don't play subtitles. Oddly, he didn't include them, and they are also impossible to play. End of story

You can't force a disc to play subtitles if they aren't on there. That's impossible. So either you included subtitles and are playing them--or you didn't include subtitles and for some reason they are part of the main picture (which is rarely the way things work with commercial dvds).

Last edited:
The only other explaination is one you will understand...."Cockpit error"....

I am obsessive compulsive, and have copied these discs every which way, with every possible combination, and have achieved the very same results. I am not a stoner and can follow instructions to a "T". Go figure! If I've done something wrong, it escapes me. And not a lot escapes me! I've been doing this since the first version of DVDXCopy and a 2X DVD corder.
p.s.- I've been a pilot for 35 years and it is called pilot error, not cockpit error.
Thanks anyway.
A bit of advice-
In Medicine and Love, never say never and never say always!

I am obsessive compulsive, and have copied these discs every which way, with every possible combination, and have achieved the very same results. I am not a stoner and can follow instructions to a "T". Go figure! If I've done something wrong, it escapes me. And not a lot escapes me! I've been doing this since the first version of DVDXCopy and a 2X DVD corder.
p.s.- I've been a pilot for 35 years and it is called pilot error, not cockpit error.
Thanks anyway.
A bit of advice-
In Medicine and Love, never say never and never say always!

I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying it's impossible to play subtitles if they aren't on the disc. It's a fact.

I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying it's impossible to play subtitles if they aren't on the disc. It's a fact.
drbruce2,
If it were some old 1960's war movie that had foreign language subtitles (like when the nazis talked their evil talk) actually printed on the sprocketed film reel played by movie theatres and then that theatrical release reel was the only "original" in existance from which to digitize and reauthor into DVD format, then subtitles could be on the DVD without a corresponding subtitle track. But DVD makers always seek out the original film-print (if still in existance) from which to make the digital transfer. Original prints have not had theatrical-release subtitles added to them yet. ... But the movies you mentioned don't fall into that catagory.

On "page 2" of CloneDVD (the audio and subltle track selection page), look in both the right pane and the left pane and make sure all sub-tracks have been de-selected. Also, on the same track selection "page" of CloneDVD, be sure that the titleset selected (upper left pane) is actually the main movie titleset and not just a special feature or angle titleset.

That's the extent of my possible input. So other than that, you could have your home checked for a poltergeist :D (I know three really odd guys with an old stretch-cadi ambulance) or turn off subs in your player's setup menu.

Best regards,
Whisperer

Last edited:
Back