• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Has any of you guys ever tried to backup Bon Jovi from London?

* * * * T H A T W A S W I E R D * * * *

Before do a test to my HD, I still got the error bellow, but after I did a test to a disc, it did work.

SO, TO A DISC:

* * * * * * * * * * Problematic disc(Original) * * * * * * * * * *
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.4)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B DL11 060810050B032AFEFC
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2282772 sectors (4458 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BONJOVI
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 4!

Bad sector protection not found.

* * * * * * * * * * Backup disc * * * * * * * * * *

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd+rw (version 2), Layers: 1
Total size: 2295104 sectors (4482 MBytes)

Media is not CSS protected.

* * * * * * * * Screen Error Message * * * * * * * *
NO ERROR.

TO MY HD:

* * * * * * * * * * Problematic disc(Original) * * * * * * * * * *

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

* * * * * * * * * Backup HD disc(Folder) * * * * * * * * *

Impossible to know, or I don´t know how could it get from it.

* * * * * * * * Screen Error Message * * * * * * * *
imagem7.jpg

"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc."

Last edited:
1. What program are you using to backup the disc? What is the version number of that program?

2. What is the full error message? What is giving you that error message? What are you doing when you receive that error message?

Other than CSS and RCE protection, the original disc isn't even protected.

Last edited:

Media is a DVD.

1. That's not the full Anydvd status screen. Regardless, the original disc isn't even protected (other than css protection).
2. Your backup is not region free. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar and click the "default" button. Click "o.k.". Try again.

Last edited:
AnyDVD 6.1.6.4
CloneDVD 2.9.0.9

But, as I said, It did work for a DVD Backup, but not for a HD Folder Backup.

You still did not post the full Anydvd status screen.

But, as I said, It did work for a DVD Backup, but not for a HD Folder Backup.

Yeah, but your dvd+rw backup isn't region free. So your HD backup isn't region-free either.

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar, and click the "default" button. Click "o.k.". Rip again

2. Remove all discs from your optical drives. Now try playing from your HD.

3. What program is giving you the error message? Also, what is the version number?

Last edited:
Before do what you asked to to, I would like to tell you another things. I have noticed, that the backup dvd disk, now, only work in my computer, if I close the anydvd, otherwise I get the same:"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc." again. I have seen once, that this error messenger is a still picture inside the dvd disc. I tried to make a backup of this my backup this to a hd folder, trying to remove all the proctections, and I got the same:"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc." again, even with the anydvd closed or not.

Before do what you asked to to, I would like to tell you another things. I have noticed, that the backup dvd disk, now, only work in my computer, if I close the anydvd, otherwise I get the same:"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc." again. I have seen once, that this error messenger is a still picture inside the dvd disc. I tried to make a backup of this my backup this to a hd folder, trying to remove all the proctections, and I got the same:"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc." again, even with the anydvd closed or not.

1. What region are you in?
2. Are you aware that your backup is locked to region 4? That's pretty weird, because if you use the default settings in Anydvd, your backup should be region free. Do you understand this? I suggest that you have done something weird in Anydvd's program settings. Click the "default" button in Anydvd.
3. What playback software are you using? What version number? Is your playback software set to region 4?

Last edited:
I have just tried to backup my backup disc to a hd folder only trying to remove the macrovision protection, this time, and it didn't work. Even with the anydvd closed after done, or not.
See, my original dvd does have Macrovision Protection:
Macrovision.jpg

I have just tried to backup my backup disc to a hd folder only trying to remove the macrovision protection, this time, and it didn't work. Even with the anydvd closed after done, or not.
See, my original dvd does have Macrovision Protection:

jjulio1111, a lot of movies have Macrovision splash screens/trailers.

If you're not going to do what I ask and provide the information I want, I'm afraid I will not continue attempting to assist you.

1. Give me a full Anydvd status window with your original disc.
2. Click the "default" button in Anydvd. Click "ok".
3. Try again.
4. Tell me what playback software/program you're using. Give me a version number.

Last edited:
************STARTING OFF**********

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!
---------------------------------------
1ST. I JUST DOWNLOADED THE LAST VERSION OF THE ANYDVD, SO, I CAN'T SEE THAT FULL OPTION

2SD. One thing the I think that I must change in the default options, is the region code, because I'm in the region 4, and the default option is region 1.

3third. I use the PowerDVD in my computer.
----------------------------------------

************STARTING OFF**********

Media is a DVD.

Media is CSS protected!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 4!
---------------------------------------
1ST. I JUST DOWNLOADED THE LAST VERSION OF THE ANYDVD, SO, I CAN'T SEE THAT FULL OPTION

Thank you. That's the information I wanted to see.

One thing the I think that I must change in the default options, is the region code, because I'm in the region 4, and the default option is region 1.

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
2. Click the default button in Anydvd.
3. Go to Video Dvd-->Settings. You will see a drop-down box. Change that to "4 Australia, Central, and South America"
4. Ensure everything beneath is checked or enabled (under "Feature Removal").
5. Click "ok'

I use the PowerDVD in my computer.

5. What version number?
6. Is Powerdvd the program that gives you the error message?
7. Do you know what region you have Powerdvd set as?

Last edited:
Another thing. Eventhough the my AnyDVD isn't showing me if my original dvd has Macrovision or not, if I don't mack to remove the Macrovision at it (AnyDVD), the CloneDVD doesn't let me make the Backup up cause of a APS protection.

Another thing. Eventhough the my AnyDVD isn't showing me if my original dvd has Macrovision or not, if I don't mack to remove the Macrovision at it (AnyDVD), the CloneDVD doesn't let me make the Backup up cause of a APS protection.

That's due to the css protection, which Anydvd removes.

Under "Feature Removal" in Anydvd ("Video DVD-->Settings), please ensure all boxes are checked or enabled.

1. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
2. Click the default button in Anydvd.
3. Go to Video Dvd-->Settings. You will see a drop-down box. Change that to "4 Australia, Central, and South America"
4. Ensure everything beneath is checked or enabled (under "Feature Removal").
5. Click "ok'

5. What version of Powerdvd are you using?
6. Is Powerdvd the program that gives you the error message, "This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc"?

Last edited:
5. What version number?
I could find.
6. Is Powerdvd the program that gives you the error message?
It, or The Tv. It is a still image (picture) on the DVD

O.k. So, you get this error message when you play your backup on a standalone dvd player (not your computer)? I know Powerdvd gives you this error message too. But I want to know about your t.v/standalone dvd player.

Media is a DVD.

These are the issues:

1. Your settings in Anydvd were messed up. Your backup should be region free. Instead it's locked to region 4.

a. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b. Click the default button in Anydvd.
c. Go to Video Dvd-->Settings. You will see a drop-down box. Change that to "4 Australia, Central, and South America"
d. Ensure everything beneath is checked or enabled (under "Feature Removal"). You should see 7 checkmarks.
e. Click "ok'

2. The booktype of your blank media says "dvd+rw". It should be "dvd-rom". visit here:
http://forum.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/showthread.php?t=12664

Some standalone dvd players may refuse to play or be unable to play discs that are not booktyped to "dvd-rom".

3. I don't know if your standalone dvd player can play NTSC video. I suspect it can, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
That's due to the css protection, which Anydvd removes.

Analog Protection System
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Analog protection system (APS))
Jump to: navigation, search
The Analog Protection System (APS), also known as Copyguard, is a DVD copy prevention system originally developed by Macrovision. DVDs encoded with APS become garbled and unwatchable when attempting to transfer the images and sounds to VHS. The process works by adding pulses to analog video signals to negatively impact the AGC circuit of a recording device. In digital devices changes to the analog video signal are created by a chip that converts the digital video to analog within the device. In DVD players trigger bits are created during DVD authoring to inform the APS that it should be applied to DVD players analog outputs or analog video outputs on a PC while playing back a protected DVD-Video disc. In set top boxes trigger bits are incorporated into Conditional Access Entitlement Control Messages (ECM) in the stream delivered to the STB. In VHS alterations to the analog video signal are added in a Macrovision-provided “processor box” used by duplicators.

APS can be also signaled digitally, in the CGMS-A bit field sent in the vertical blanking interval.

[edit] Sources
Smart Computing Dictionary Entry, Analog Protection System (2005). http://www.smartcomputing.com/edito...=&searchtype=1&DicID=15636&RefType=Dictionary
Macrovision, Analog Protection System: A Presentation to the Analog Reconversion Discussion Group (2003). http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/Macrovision_v_321Studios/20030320_Macrovision_APS.pdf
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_Protection_System"

Back