• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bluescreen with GameJackal v. 2.9.18.550

G-Klav

First, the necessary details:

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? - 2.9.18.550, driver v. 2.9.18.505
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? - x86, WinXP Media Center Edition 2002, Service Pack 2.
3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. - Okay, didn't know that.
4. Uninstall Directcd, Incd, Dragtodisc, DLA or any other packet writing software you have on your system - Haven't heard of such software before, so I don't think I have any.
5. What protection does your game use? According to Protection ID: SafeDisc 1.50.020
6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Age of Empires II - The Conquerors
7. What is the version of the game? 1.0c
8. Is it cd or dvd version? CD
9. What region or country is the original disc from? EU
10. What cpu are you running? Intel Core2 Duo T7200 @ 2.0 GHz.
11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7540A. Firmware v. 1.42 rpc1
12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. AVG Free v. 7.5.472
13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

Ok, here goes: I was trying to create a working profile for said game, first using the game profile provided with Game Jackal, didn't work ("Please insert the correct CD-Rom" error message, the loading screen didn't show up).
I tried to run the game on processor 2 only, using Game Jackal settings.

Then I decided to create a profile from scratch, and after getting the same error as last time, the profile didn't have time to deactivate, I got an INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE bluescreen.

I assume you want the debug log, so I provide it zipped.
From the log: "PROCESS_NAME: GameJackal.exe".

I can't remember what I did to make it work on my other computer - and this game should surely be on the working game list, seeing how old the game is and as there is even a provided profile for it?

Anyway, since I didn't know about disabling virtual drives until I got here (after the crash), I wouldn't have posted this if I wouldn't have gotten the BS. At least not until after trying disabling the virtual drives. But a bluescreen is a bluescreen, is a bluescreen.

Attachments

• debuglog.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
safedisc 1.5, damn thats old, you probably need to get the updated driver from macrovision.. they released some update to their .sys file ages ago to make it vista compliant...

But what use would it be updating SafeDisc? The game would still use the old version, if I understand it correctly.

nope, it updates the driver safedisc uses, its even on the microsoft site

the link is here

so you dont understand correctly, it wont update the protection on the exe, it just updates the driver the protection uses, so its more 'compatible' with xp, its worth a shot...

Another Bluescreen error message

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
Main Version 2.9.18.550
Driver Version 2.9.18.505

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
MS Win XP Pro Ver 2002 Service Pack 2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
Didn’t have any running.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Directcd, Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)
Don’t think I have any of these programs.

5. What protection does your game use? Provide the protection name and the version number.
Safedisc 4.50.000, protection level:Standard

6&7. What is the name of the game & version you're trying to run?
The Sims Complete Collection
Ver 1.9.1.0
8. Is it cd or dvd version?
cd
9. What region or country is the original disc from?
USA

10. What cpu are you running?
Intel Pentium M 2.10Ghz

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?
NEC DVD+RW ND6500A

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.
Norton Internet Security ver 9.1.1.7 AntiVirus ver12.7.0.2

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

Ok, this is my first time using Game Jackal and I thought I would try it before purchasing.
I did try several things to get the profile to work and tried to read the forums to see if there was any help there.

The first few times I tried to use the predefined profiles to use the program. I would insert the cd, then I would wait a while for it to load and get to the game section. After it had loaded, I then clicked on the exit and got a BLUE screen saying “Bad_pool_caller” then I would have to power down my computer and restart it. At least once after doing this then running GJ the program asked me to reinsert the game CD and seem to finish the profile but when I tried to use the profile, it still asked me to insert the game CD. I deleted this profile and tried again.

Next I tried to make my own profile and this seemed to work. So I tried to run it and now I get a Microsoft Error report which shows an exception ‘Unhandled Win32 Exception’.
Unhandled exception at 0x6678965a in Sims.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x2ee1567b.

Would like to buy before the discount goes, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

nope, it updates the driver safedisc uses, its even on the microsoft site

the link is here

so you dont understand correctly, it wont update the protection on the exe, it just updates the driver the protection uses, so its more 'compatible' with xp, its worth a shot...

OK :)
I tried it and to my surprise, the CD revved up (something which it didn't do before), and then GJ quit itself but the game's exe was still running. The game never loaded though, and I eventually killed the process.

Edit: New Bluescreen after reboot and trying to create a new profile for the game.

This time a DRIVER_FAULT.
Debug log provided.

Attachments

• debuglog.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back