• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.1.1.4. and Shrink with Open Season

duboiss1

Hi everyone I got Open Season to work using the latest anydvd but had to use dvd shrink 2.3. Give it a try.

Win XP
Benq burner

Hi everyone I got Open Season to work using the latest anydvd but had to use dvd shrink 2.3. Give it a try.

Win XP
Benq burner

Why didn't you use CloneDVD2 instead of DVD Shrink? I myself like CloneDVD2 used in conjunction with AnyDVD and it works everytime.....

You Did??

Win XP
Benq burner

Didn't you mean Shrink "3.2" ?... I tried the same procedure 3 times & kept getting "failed to read file "F:\"....when I tried to use my 3.2 version of Shrink with Any Dvd 6114... must that BenQ burner you have? :clap:

No I found an old version of Shrink 2.3, 3.2 would not work.

Well, I'll be....

No I found an old version of Shrink 2.3, 3.2 would not work.

....doesn't that blow your mind. At least we know that an older (but wiser?)Shrink will work with 6114........now I'll stay up nights wondering "why"...:doh:

Doesn't that just frost your ass to no end?? <sigh>

-W

anydvd 6.1.1.4 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.3 and open season

i used anydvd 6.1.1.4 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.3 to backup open season it worked great on the whole dvd movie, menu and all special features :clap:

I used anydvd and and shrink 3.1 for Open Season. I click on the jump to main movie in anydvd to bypass the error, then you can unclick it and shrink 3.1 will work.

Win XP
Benq burner

DLW4143 HERE AND I TRIED OPEN SEASON WITH ANYDVD + SHRINK AND GOT AN ERROR SO I USED DVD DECRYPTER WITH ANYDVD 6.1.1.4 RUNNING IN THE BACK GROUND AND IT COPIED PERFECT MOVING THRU THE STAGES! STILL HAVE NO LUCK WITH SAW 3?

Why didn't you use CloneDVD2 instead of DVD Shrink? I myself like CloneDVD2 used in conjunction with AnyDVD and it works everytime.....

Didn't work for me, the last 2 scenes are choppy.

Saw3 and open season

ripit4 me will decript shrink and burn saw3 & open season.

You should have dvd decrypter and dvd shrink insalled first.

What it dose is use decripter & shrink whith its own keys.

I love any dvd but lately it's not up to par, ripit4 me tells you to turn any dvd off in order to work.

Latest version 1.6.7.0 down load the insaller version it istalls all you need exept
dvd decypter and shrink. http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html
it's free.

It works try it.

Last edited:
I think AnyDVD is totally "up to par". Shrink while being the best in days past is totally unsupported and has not had an update for a long time. AnyDVD works seemlessly with 99% percent of the programs out there. What you people who propose Ripit4me do not say is that is takes almost 1hour and change to backup a movie that I can do in 20 minutes with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. My time is worth money, if I have to waste over an hour of it to use Shrink then its a losing battle. But if you have time to waste, well then , go for it. Just my personal opinion.;)

No Problem Backing Up

I used AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and CloneDVD2 2.9.0.3 to backup R1 of Open Season, The Marine and Flyboys the whole disc menu and all with no problem

I think AnyDVD is totally "up to par". Shrink while being the best in days past is totally unsupported and has not had an update for a long time. AnyDVD works seemlessly with 99% percent of the programs out there.

Mr. Fox,
In all due fairness to the venerable Shrink, could you please deliniate specificly WHAT "support" Shrink needs (ASIDE from copy protection issues) in order to be able to continue to function as the premier *free* ripper/shrinker for the DVD5 and DVD9 format (that are way older than Shrink)? Exactly *what* update does it need again?? Seriously....

Until 2 weeks ago, AnyDVD worked seemlessly with Shrink 100% of the time. A couple new COPY PROTECTIONS seem to have (temporarily I pray) changed that. And I quibble with the 99% number. Count people , not programs. At least 50% of the people I know (and who've posted here with troubles) use Shrink as thier front line ripper/reduxer. And most of the people I know using Shrink use (and love) AnyDVD. I'd bet if you did a poll you'd find a very large minority (or small majority even) of your AnyDVD customers (that aren't using CloneDVD) - are using Shrink.

I don't know about "up to par", but a "new" AnyDVD that suddenly fails to work with Shrink (which remains a de-facto standard program despite it's lack of uneeded supprt)) is a *different* AnyDVD than it used to be before Saw3 and Open Season.

-W

Last edited:
Saw 3 and open season also employee of the month errors

First off any dvd is a great program to use to rip decode all of your dvd,s they keep in touch with you and let you know or inform you of the latest downloads.
But there seems to be some new copy protection thats keeping some dvd,s from not being able to be copied.
I did use dvd shrink 2.3 its very old yes I have all the newer ones as well I ripped with 2.3 it gave me a error i re-author it main title the biggest file backed it up and it works fine for all the above said movies.

Again thank you slysoft for this forum and happy ripping:)

PS for the most part its a 1 percent problem with newer dvds mostly from liongate films that I have come across

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not offer to email or pm programs to Slysoft forum users

To protect our Slysoft forum members against potential trojans or viruses, please do not advertise to send them programs. Thank you. :policeman:

I don't know about "up to par", but a "new" AnyDVD that suddenly fails to work with Shrink (which remains a de-facto standard program despite it's lack of uneeded supprt)) is a *different* AnyDVD than it used to be before Saw3 and Open Season.

On the subject of Shrink, I'm pretty sure we have discussed this on another board (or at least, someone else has presented the same argument as you have). Our argument eventually becomes very circular, and I doubt we see completely eye to eye. I recognize what Clonedvd2 can do better than Shrink and vice versa. Both programs have their respective weaknesses and strengths (as do most programs). One criterion for judgement, I would argue, deals with the strict adherence to dvd-video compliance (structure/standards). But I'm not interested in debating this further (it's pointless to me and smacks of what snide onlookers might describe as fanboy egostroking).

Regardless, I think, really, instead of all this finger pointing at various programs, the real venom should be directed towards the protections that limit legitimate buyers from the fair use provision in some countries, which allows customers to legitimately back up their purchases. The Anydvd/Clonedvd2 products offer Slysoft customers the capacity to do so quickly and easily (in addition to the other benefits Anydvd offers to HTPC users). And hopefully, after development of Anydvd HD-DVD has lessened, James or another Slysoft developer will take a look at the Anydvd/Shrink issue with this latest Sony nonsense; I believe you probably are correct in that many Anydvd owners are probably also Shrink fans or users. Certainly, you are not alone.

Last edited:
AnyDVD Customers Unable to Use Shrink..

On the subject of Shrink.....
hopefully, after development of Anydvd HD-DVD has lessened, James or another Slysoft developer will take a look at the Anydvd/Shrink issue with this latest Sony nonsense; I believe you probably are correct in that many Anydvd owners are probably also Shrink fans or users. Certainly, you are not alone.

Webslinger, in customer service businesses (hope that includes Slysoft) it is the mission of management to first address the needs of frustrated customers (AnyDVD customers using Shrink) as their 1st priority rather than in the "development of new products". Take care of the "Customer 1st"...this Sony issue (minute as it is) has put Moderaters in positions as "Defenders"..in my 42 years in business, I always put "the customer first"....I will wait patiently while the James Gang gets around to addressing this issue. But, had to get this point off my chest...it's a matter of priorities: who or what comes first? BTW, I can handle life without back up copies of Saw3 or Open Season. :agree:

Back