• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia, Feb, 1, 2012 and forwards

Off-Topics moved /merged

The last valid theme in this thread concerned some PowerDVD 105 release with a mistaken Cinavia or an intended Cinavia.

And then another discussion theme hijacked it. Let's move forward from there with that now .....

I have moved ALL discussions and assumptions, false or otherwise, about a 3rd-party product to its own Forum on "Third party products".

Any additions here will get moved.

Will there ever be a fix from Slysoft for DVDs with cinavia protection as there will be for BDs after Slyce is released? Or will that be relegated to the third party DVD Ranger?

Pending still

Independent of what you read about it we are still planning on eventually handling that playback problem in Slyce.

Dark Knight Rises Cinavia?

I wonder if The Dark Knight Rises will have Cinavia? Warner has put it on some of their newer releases....

Independent of what you read about it we are still planning on eventually handling that playback problem in Slyce.

Yeah but slyce is for BD's, not DVD's. So the question is will CloneDVD get updated aswell to handle cinavia for DVD's?

Yeah but slyce is for BD's, not DVD's. So the question is will CloneDVD get updated aswell to handle cinavia for DVD's?

Probably not. So the question is - will Slyce be updated to handle DVDs as well? :D

Probably not. So the question is - will Slyce be updated to handle DVDs as well? :D

That has been something I've wondered about ever since Slyce was announced, that Slyce would be Slysoft's solution for dealing with cinavia. So far no answer that I can find to that pertinent question, I can't even seem to find someone asking the question or some variation, so let me be the first:

Will Slyce be structured to eventually handle DVDs as well as BDs?

Not in plan

Will Slyce be structured to eventually handle DVDs as well as BDs?

A good question but at the moment that is NOTin the plan and there is no talk about it that I know of. The first release of Slyce will handle most-wanted Blu-Ray tasks first and after that the releases will follow adding more features and options. And then once the product is fully populated there may be some movement on cinavia but not immediately.

A DVD version if Slyce is possible long-term but would require quite a lot of development work.

A good question but at the moment that is NOTin the plan and there is no talk about it that I know of. The first release of Slyce will handle most-wanted Blu-Ray tasks first and after that the releases will follow adding more features and options. And then once the product is fully populated there may be some movement on cinavia but not immediately.

A DVD version if Slyce is possible long-term but would require quite a lot of development work.
Actually, DVDs aren't really a big problem.

1.) Every DVD-only-standalone-player which has been manufactured in the past and will be manufactured in the future will not detect Cinavia. A good DVD player sells for 35$.

2.) Good DVD playback software for the PC is available, which doesn't detect Cinavia, including Windows Media Player, older PowerDVD, WinDVD, TMT versions, XBMC (with some problems), VLC (with some problems), tons of players based on the Microsoft nav filter like Zoom Player. I have programmed one myself in half a day using Microsoft's DirectShow example code.

Cool

Thank you, James for that extra info.
The way you explain that puts it in different focus and I had overlooked the DVD-only thing.

Actually, DVDs aren't really a big problem.

1.) Every DVD-only-standalone-player which has been manufactured in the past and will be manufactured in the future will not detect Cinavia.

So the only time a DVD backup with cinavia will trigger the alert will be when played on a current upgraded BD player, either stand-alone or software? Such as the PS3, for example?

Another reason, if true, to have a DVD standalone and a BD standalone. Especially since most newer digital/HD TVs have multiple inputs, and DVD really doesn't need 1080p upgrade.

Yes, that's exactly right. The DVD's if played in a Cinavia enabled BD player, will trip Cinavia. In any other player they will not.

DVD only players are on their way out though, with BD players under $100USD, the Cinavia problem will become more significant some day.
BUT HTPC's with HDMI are becoming cheaper too and may be the best solution for avoiding Cinavia.

Willl Slyce handle re-encoding down to 8.5GB similair to BDRebuilder? It's nice for saving space when mass archiving on HDD's. And it's nice for archiving bonus features to DVD's that you don't care much about quality.

More control on re-encoding individual stream files would be nice too. e.g. more compression on extras than the main feature, more compression on foreign audio tracks, more control in general, than is available with BDRebuilder.

TIA :)

Willl Slyce handle re-encoding down to 8.5GB similair to BDRebuilder? It's nice for saving space when mass archiving on HDD's. And it's nice for archiving bonus features to DVD's that you don't care much about quality.

That is already answered in the sticky in the high-def software section. Look under features

I'm sorry i already asked this question, under chat before I saw the general chat. I wanted to know if I went to bestbuy right now what would be the best LG 3D blu-ray player to get that doesn't have Cinavia on it. I have been having problems playing certain 3D movies on my Samsungs, they don't have Cinavia but the 3D disc right from the package won't play, let alone any back up of the same disc. My brother said that there could be a version of new disc that sometimes won't play on older players, hence the question about the LG's

I'm sorry i already asked this question, under chat before I saw the general chat. I wanted to know if I went to bestbuy right now what would be the best LG 3D blu-ray player to get that doesn't have Cinavia on it. I have been having problems playing certain 3D movies on my Samsungs, they don't have Cinavia but the 3D disc right from the package won't play, let alone any back up of the same disc. My brother said that there could be a version of new disc that sometimes won't play on older players, hence the question about the LG's

Check out Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY) in the Hardware forum section for info on BD players.

I saw that list, but that is an old list, I need to know what LG 3D players that are at bestbuy right now, that don't have Cinavia, because I want to buy one now not ayear and a half ago, like that list is.

Cardzetc, good luck with that. You're better off buying unused over stock non-cinavia players on Ebay, rather than trying to buy a new 2012 model.
I have an LGBD650 with latest firmware and it is Cinavia free, if that helps :)

PS I can't say I would recommend that model though, since it lasted less than a year.
I also have a Samsung BDP 6900 3D player that does still work and is about 3 years old now and Cinavia free with latest firmware.

There are much better ways to deal with Cinavia though, such as an HTPC. Most new computers come with an HDMI port these days. You can plug that directly into an HDTV or home theater system and use the PC's blu ray or HDD drive and software player to deliver the full resolution content.

Last edited:
Back