• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Recode w/ Trial Version of AnyDVD

rickyanny

Hi its nice to be part of the forum. I know I only have the trial version of anydvd but I am def planning on buying it. I have a couple questions maybe you all can answer. I am currently using a memorex 16x external burner w/ verbatim dvd-r. I burn on 6x speed. Sometimes when I burn DVDs they will not play in my dvd player but will play in my PS2. The only thing is for the first 45 minutes of the dvd there will be a small skip here and there. Is this the player or the DVD because the DVD plays perfect on my cpu? Also does anyone have experience w/ Recode? Why will only some DVDs play in my dvd player? Is there a way to get around this? Also The Doors movie is the first movie that Anydvd will not work with. When it fails I have to restart my cpu to get it to work again? Should I send the IFO files and how do I do this? Thank everyone for the support!

Why will only some DVDs play in my dvd player?

This question has been answered in the Frequently Asked Questions sticky at the top of the forum. Also, a 12x or 8x burn speed is fine. I would avoid burning slower on 16x rated media. Refer to question 12: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091

Also The Doors movie is the first movie that Anydvd will not work with. When it fails I have to restart my cpu to get it to work again? Should I send the IFO files and how do I do this?

No. Do steps 8 and 9 from here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Last edited:
is 16x speed alright to use? Also for some reason in recode the speeds I am allowed to choose are maximum, 2.4x, & 2X. When I choose maximum it is 16x when 2.4 or 2.0 it is 6x. Does anyone else have this problem?

is 16x speed alright to use?

Generally 16x may increase the likelihood of burn errors. 12x or even 8x is usually pretty safe.

And you still haven't done steps 8 and 9 that I requested from my previous reply.

Im at work now and not at home on the comp I use to burn. I will complete the steps tonite.

Will these steps help my original problems with the slight skipping and trouble with some dvds and others not playing in the same player? These problems lead me to believe that the media isnt the problem because verbatim is a good brand.

Will these steps help my original problems with the slight skipping and trouble with some dvds and others not playing in the same player? These problems lead me to believe that the media isnt the problem because verbatim is a good brand.

Some players do not work well with dvd-rs from Verbatim. That doesn't mean Verbatim isn't good blank media, but rather the standalone dvd player is picky (or perhaps dying). Again, step 12 from the FAQ addresses this issue. In particular, visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=2516 (you may want to try dvd+R blank media and changing the booktype to "dvd-rom or simply get another standalone dvd player that does like your blank media choice)

As far as doing the other steps go, they will help me and others by providing basic information required for troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Are you using +Rs or -Rs ?
Some players are just "Picky"

If you're using -Rs
Try Using +Rs : Book-Typed to DVD-ROM

If using +Rs ; Are they Book-Typed to DVD-ROM ?

Decreasing the Burn Speed may Also help with "Compatibility"
- for your "Picky" Player
>>Set= Your "Burn Speed" at 1/2 of your Media's rating
ie: IF You're using 16x Media = Set for 8x ; 8x Media = Set for 4x
For a "Really Picky" Player
.... You may need to resort to 4x - even with some 16x Media

You might Also try some Taiyo Yudens - instead of Verbatim
You're Player might prefer TYs

I have a feeling - If you Book-Typed +Rs to DVD-ROM
You would have .... better results
The Purpose being 'enhanced' Compatibility

I use a PS2 , My best results are with TYs +Rs ; Book-typed to DVD-ROM

:)

Last edited:
What is Book typed?

It's a little bit of information , Burned to the +R Disc
Telling Your Player that the Disc is a DVD-ROM Format Disc

"Fooling" Your Player - into thinking it's playing a "Commercial" DVD
- as All Stamped "Commercial" DVDs are DVD-ROM - in format

Any Player will accept a DVD-ROM Disc

Trust me , It works ;)

I see now Shannon I just wish I didnt buy all these Verbatim DVD-R discs. Can you change it to DVD-rom with these discs? If so how do you do it with Nero Recode?

If so how do you do it with Nero Recode?

If you use Recode 2.5.4.0, you will find under the "burn settings" screen after clicking the "more" button, an option that says "dvd book type settings". Change this to "dvd-rom". You can only change booktype for +R, +R DL and +R RW, provided your burner supports bitsetting changes for those media types.

Any good suppliers of Taiyo Yuden premium dvd+R? Best Buy?

I see now Shannon I just wish I didnt buy all these Verbatim DVD-R discs. Can you change it to DVD-rom with these discs? If so how do you do it with Nero Recode?

Right , No sorry , Book-Typing only applies to +Rs

Do you have the Latest Firmware - for your Burner ?

What Burner are you using - Specifically ?

Did I read this Right ?
"When I choose maximum it is 16x when 2.4 or 2.0 it is 6x"

Do you have the option for setting @ 6x , 8x , 12x , etc ?
If not ....
There would seem to be a Media/ Firmware Support Issue
- at play here

Back