• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

QUAD Vs. DUAL

DonRon

Hi

can cyberlink powerDVD use all 4 cores on a quad core

im making a new pc for hd-dvd/blu-ray movies using powerDVD and anyDVD HD
and my choise is betwine..

E6850 (3.0GHz) dual core
Q6600 (2.4GHz) quad core

cheers

or you could save yourself some money and buy the E4300 and clock it to 3ghz

Hi

can cyberlink powerDVD use all 4 cores on a quad core

im making a new pc for hd-dvd/blu-ray movies using powerDVD and anyDVD HD
and my choise is betwine..

E6850 (3.0GHz) dual core
Q6600 (2.4GHz) quad core

cheers

I don't have a quad core but I do have a dual core E6600 and it uses both processors at around 55% during HD DVD or Blu-ray playback.

Under Vista 32, I would hazard a guess that it will use all four.

Have you tried asking Cyberlink?

yes just talked with cyberlink, no quadro cpu support

yes just talked with cyberlink, no quadro cpu support

It should still use 2 cores. If you can afford it, go for the quad core.

Also, you need to find out which versions of Windows support quad core.

Last edited:
Right the price drop in late July (will likely take some time before the change takes effect) should put the $520 Q6600 into the $266 range. I have been looking forward to buying one but it seems they don’t OC as well so I may have to rethink my buying strategy.

You have to wonder though, if quad core is not supported does it tax two cores and simply leave the other two cores unused or what?

This is true, wait until the price drop. You will be very sorry unless money is not important to you.:D

E4300 which can be found for around $100 can be overclocked to the sky.

For the mere hundred bucks you get 3.3Ghz or higher CPU.

If you wanna be the first on the block with the Quad, go for it.

PDVD is a movie player. Although CPU-intensive, it is not above 2.4Ghz without VGA hardware acceleration.

Last edited:
Basically, from what I have been hearing the Q6600 has a good chance of hitting 3.0GHz on air cooling up from its default 9x266 = 2.4GHz speed. However it will dissipate a lot of heat.

I’ve been seeing reports of E6850 OCs of close to ~4GHz on air. The price of the E6850 should be about what the E6700 is now so that’s about ~$320 US.

The raw processor speed of the Core 2 Duo will typically be an asset over addition cores of the Core 2 Quad.

buy memory now!

If you're considering building a new system in the near future, buy memory now! Expect memory prices to jump 30-50%.

Basically, from what I have been hearing the Q6600 has a good chance of hitting 3.0GHz on air cooling up from its default 9x266 = 2.4GHz speed. However it will dissipate a lot of heat.

I’ve been seeing reports of E6850 OCs of close to ~4GHz on air. The price of the E6850 should be about what the E6700 is now so that’s about ~$320 US.

The raw processor speed of the Core 2 Duo will typically be an asset over addition cores of the Core 2 Quad.

I seen a few stable E6600's clocked between 3.8 to 4.2 on air cooled systems as well. I will also say why do you want to use up all 4 cores? The purpose of multiple core is to be able to multi task and you couldn't do this if you used all 4 cores. I may be wrong but doubt it. Anydvd HD and CloneDVD2 only call up one core if I remember right as well even on multiple cored systems.

I seen a few stable E6600's clocked between 3.8 to 4.2 on air cooled systems as well. I will also say why do you want to use up all 4 cores? The purpose of multiple core is to be able to multi task and you couldn't do this if you used all 4 cores. I may be wrong but doubt it. Anydvd HD and CloneDVD2 only call up one core if I remember right as well even on multiple cored systems.

I'd like to use 4 cores, running near 100%, to recode bloated HD movies to a more reasonable size when CloneDVD HD comes out.

Last edited:

The type of cooling will not make the clock speeds differ.:confused:
Why can't you multi task with all 4 cores???? That is he purpose of multiple cores.

Back