• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Beware, Blu-Ray disc rot!

Interesting,…..

Well all they have to do is pop in their backup copies and,…. Oh wait,…..I almost forgot,….the industry doesn’t want them to be able to do that and is fighting tooth and nail to prevent such fair use even under just such an occasion.

Oh the irony,…. ;)

You’ve made your point James, not only will I not buy Blu-ray I wont buy anything with the name “blue” or “ray” in it ;)

I think it was just some defect in manufacture. It is very unlikely that this is an evidence of some fatal flaw in Blu-ray disc physical spec. There were reports about rotting DVDs too.

Anyway, there is nothing to worry about. We still have AnyDVD HD to backup our discs!

I think it was just some defect in manufacture. It is very unlikely that this is an evidence of some fatal flaw in Blu-ray disc physical spec. There were reports about rotting DVDs too.

I agree with you but time will tell how big this issue actually becomes. Poor QC could result in a large number of bad discs having been released to the public.

There's no way around it in ignoring the bad PR this can cause. Given that HD and BD are still fairly new it's not shocking to see some problems appear but this type of issue so soon does not bode well, IMO.

Anyway, there is nothing to worry about. We still have AnyDVD HD to backup our discs!

AnyDVD HD is great but... for the cost of a blank BD disc to make a backup it's still cost prohibitive at this time, IMO.

Last edited:
Back